Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

Just now, Buck Testa said:

It could go that way if ya want. Do you think your character could handle a two on one? Dru's got a pretty terrifying powerset even with the gravity thing. 

Anti gravity is a bitch when combined with telekinesis magic. plus he could increase their gravity forcing them onto their stomachs or back.

Just now, dragon4111 said:

Anti gravity is a bitch when combined with telekinesis magic. plus he could increase their gravity forcing them onto their stomachs or back.

Gravity can indeed be quite formidable, but Dru doesn't necessarily need to move per say to get the job done. Her plants can root themselves, she can fortify them against higher gravity, and she can attach a slew of status effects on them as necessary. It'd really depend on how MANY things you could focus on at once, cause she could also manipulate them underground and attack from beneath your character. Dru herself is pretty squishy at the moment though, very much a glass cannon.  

Gravity can indeed be quite formidable, but Dru doesn't necessarily need to move per say to get the job done. Her plants can root themselves, she can fortify them against higher gravity, and she can attach a slew of status effects on them as necessary. It'd really depend on how MANY things you could focus on at once, cause she could also manipulate them underground and attack from beneath your character. Dru herself is pretty squishy at the moment though, very much a glass cannon.  

Umm true but then again there is one spell that Ghalan would rather use on enemies...A blackhole.

1 minute ago, dragon4111 said:

Umm true but then again there is one spell that Ghalan would rather use on enemies...A blackhole.

I doubt he'd use that in a non lethal sparring match though. Wouldn't you say? 

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

I doubt he'd use that in a non lethal sparring match though. Wouldn't you say? 

True ah I nearly forgot remember how he uses telekinesis to pick up multiple trash then crush them with his gravity?

Edited by dragon4111

Just now, dragon4111 said:

True ah I nearly forgot remember how he uses telekinesis to pick up multiple trash?

How many targets do you say he could focus on at once? 

I'd say this is probably how it's going to go down, at least in my head.

We're on the field.

You apply gravitational forces to my character from the start, preventing her from moving. she's splat on the ground, can't move an inch, and you think the fight is over, you give a speech about how students shouldn't challenge their teachers, especially new ones. Let this be a lesson you say.

However the fun's already just started. The ground cracks and Dru is pulled beneath it by plants. You're still applying the gravity on her, but because of her being buried underground, the increased force is being dispersed among the plants and dirt. She's breathing with aid of plants filling her with oxygen, as they are designed specifically for that purpose. From that position she starts orchestrating a slew of attacks springing from the underground. You realize with some horror that these plants have eyes, and she is using them to monitor and orchestrate her attack. 

You maneuver around those, and you want to bring her back up to the surface, so you pull on her and her plant holding her as best as he can. The ground cracks as you realize she's spreading the roots as far and wide as she can. You may eventually be able to budge her, but you'll end up destroying the designated battle area to do it. If you've ever seen someone trying to pull a tree up with HUGE root systems, you know how much damage that can do. 

Eventually, even with his maneuverability and all his skill, he's going to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of vines, projectiles, and other things coming at him, and when he gets hit with even one of those thorns, he's going to be taking a nap. 

Such is the power of plants lol. 

We'll of course drama-fy this and make it fun and enjoyable to read, but unless you have some solid counterpoints, I'd say Dru takes a non lethal fight with this. 

• Brohoof 1

Well depends if Ghalan want's to end the sparring early or not you know.

Heh sorry if this turned into a pissing match @Buck Testa

Well he could, but that wouldn't be any fun to read now would it? 

RP's are more of a collaborative effort anyway, it doesn't really matter who wins or loses as long as it's entertaining and makes sense. I do think that Dru more than has this in the bag though. With lethal force that's different, but since it'd be a non lethal sparring match, I'm fairly sure she'd win thanks to 
1) the aforementioned scenario

2) Him underestimating a kid and only realizing how bad it is until its too late. 

Then again, you are forgetting about the fact she's only 11. However you look at this, Ghalan has age, grown developed power and experience on his side.

Meanwhile right now from what you've said Dru has issues focusing her energy in one point, or rather it's rough for her. If she was able to launch attacks you're mentioning, I very much doubt she'd be able to coordinate them at her current age and abilities. I'd be raw magical force doing whatever it wants by responding to her mood.

Isn't that right?

EDIT: Oh, and Ley surely does not desire to duel a teacher right now. There's nothing to be gained from doing that for her at the time being. Although she simply ADORES watching others fight. So if you wish so, take it away! She could be discussing the affairs she requires discussion with some other faculty meanwhile xD

• Brohoof 2

Yeah maybe because Ghalan would rather hold back...Unless hmm

Just now, Khajiit said:

Then again, you are forgetting about the fact she's only 11. However you look at this, Ghalan has age, grown developed power and experience on his side.

Meanwhile right now from what you've said Dru has issues focusing her energy in one point, or rather it's rough for her. If she was able to launch attacks you're mentioning, I very much doubt she'd be able to coordinate them at her current age and abilities. I'd be raw magical force doing whatever it wants by responding to her mood.

Isn't that right?

Ghalan has age and experience absolutely, however his powerset is more limited in non lethal scenarios. 

Dru's powers work intuitively right now. It behaves according to what she wants to do, but she isn't sure HOW she does those things yet. She could indeed do what I'm saying because she's defended the Mafia estate on a number of occasions with methods like this. She's used to tactical warfare with her opponents that keeps her relatively out of harms way. However when it comes to actual spells and formal training, she has nothing. She's quite gifted, but she'd be significantly more so with formal training and experience. 

The scenario I mentioned is entirely within her current capabilities. 

In a lethal match, it's pretty much no contest on @dragon4111. He could just crush a squishy human under the weight of intense gravity. Even 10 times gravity would just collapse her bones and organs, much less a black hole. However with him holding back with how much force he's willing to use, and her going all out with a fighting style he's never seen, it'd be a win for her. I'm pretty sure of it in this case. 

• Brohoof 1

Is what I'm saying making sense? It kind of went silent over here so I'm just asking. 

In terms of brute force, @dragon4111 's could kill my character, however in a non lethal scenario, where he is unwilling to go all out against an 11 year old opponent, and she is willing to exploit that for everything its worth, she'd pull out a win. It'd be sneaky and underhanded, and it would be pretty much understood that if he were really trying she'd be dead, but because of how the deck is stacked against him, he'd lose. 

Edited by Buck Testa

8 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Is what I'm saying making sense? It kind of went silent over here so I'm just asking. 

In terms of brute force, @dragon4111 's could kill my character, however in a non lethal scenario, where he is unwilling to go all out against an 11 year old opponent, and she is willing to exploit that for everything its worth, she'd pull out a win. It'd be sneaky and underhanded, and it would be pretty much understood that if he were really trying she'd be dead, but because of how the deck is stacked against him, he'd lose. 

Hmm sure that could work

• Brohoof 1

Dibs'd next post. Hoping to get one up today, but this vile project that's been killing me slowly for the past two weeks is due in two days and still unfinished, so maybe tomorrow. :eww:

Ley's idea of counteracting some degree of gravity influence that does not make you accellerate to unbearable Mach speeds, assuming she studies her own portals a bit better to keep them stable enough:

3xYK.gif

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Khajiit said:

Ley's idea of counteracting some degree of gravity influence that does not make you accellerate to unbearable Mach speeds, assuming she studies her own portals a bit better to keep them stable enough:

3xYK.gif

What IS your character's powerset by the way?

• Brohoof 1

What IS your character's powerset by the way?

It is described in her bio in all honesty. The bio is on page 8 I think? She's mainly Summoner + Dark.

Edit: I saw some people already using some forms of teleportation, and while Ley has potential considering she's portal user herself, I'm not sure I want her to possess that skill, at least initially. It's often too tempting to use it to just "shortcut everything".

Edit 2: As for powerset, well, she's based on Ley from Grand Chase. When I remembered that character, I instantly decided to throw her into RP. So I'll be mainly using the skillset she had in the game, minus in-game Ley's gravity skills, as in game she had gravity based attacks as well. Her summons will be based on it as well, and maybe just maybe I'll add some functionality to some of them. However, I'm keeping them in-line and no worries in this field, it's not like I'm going to have an answer in form of summon for every occassion.

Garrouile, whom I've already mentioned, is a Gargoyle per definition, with freezing/flame/shadow breath with some diving physical capabilities. And well, unlike Ley HE can fly. Then again, just because he uses fire/ice skill doesn't mean Ley knows any about those. The breaths are literally his only elemental attacks. Rest of the summons and attacks, unless you want to go and read up on them online, will remain shrouded for the sake of fun :x

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Khajiit said:

It is described in her bio in all honesty. The bio is on page 8 I think? She's mainly Summoner + Dark.

Edit: I saw some people already using some forms of teleportation, and while Ley has potential considering she's portal user herself, I'm not sure I want her to possess that skill, at least initially. It's often too tempting to use it to just "shortcut everything".

Lessee here... 

Dark: Ley's main element is Dark, as she uses the energies of darkness to fuel her Summonings. She has a number of summons ready at her hand, but there is one that requires no energy expenditure from her, that is Jeeves. Bound by the pact, Jeeves is quick to appear at the very snap of her fingers, however his powers are directly limited by the powers of his summoner. Although Jeeves is a Daemon of power beyond measure, his strenght is limited by the amount of energy Ley's body can withstand. This is because Jeeves uses Ley as medium to channel his strenght from the Daemon realm, should he use too much, he would risk the death of both of them.

Although she is not yet powerful enough to summon powerful, giant monsters to do her bidding in this world, she is capable of opening a few, short in duration portals through which she directs some of their attacks. Most of them are, however, physical, as the power she would require to allow their energy attacks to pass through the portal would be too great for her to handle.

Apart from that, she has a few, Dark energy attacks herself, mainly to keep the aggressors from getting close to her should Jeeves fail to do so.

Enchanting: As one of the gifts to control her powers, Ley was granted a claw gauntlet by her parents. It has a smooth, giant ruby encrusted in it. The gauntlet is a relic of the past and was used to augment one of her ancestor's abilities. In order to properly make use of it, Ley was taught the intricate techniques of enchanting, to let her understand how the tool worked. Since then, she ordered a flamboyant, over-the-top costume to be crafted for her. One that she could partially enchant herself, but would also instantly scream that, compared to her, everyone else are but maggots and peasants. Since then, she is most often seen wearing it nearly anywhere she goes, and the enchanted, incrusted rubies further serve to fuel the claw, which became her main tool of keeping her summons under control. The claw also serves as main point for her energy focus as she launches most of her attacks with its use.

Wings: NO, they do NOT allow her to fly freely. They do allow her to hover just above the ground level however (because heck, I want something cool too xD!) as an innate ability of hers, even when hidden. While hidden out of plain sight on a daily basis, they can be materialized in quick instant. While they serve no real purpose other than a cosmetic change to her body, they would indeed make many people think twice about who she is, and might be considered intimidating. They would also probably make everyone around her instantly hostile to her person... but it's not like she cares.

So her ability is to summon demon familiars to her side based on how powerful she is at the moment. Her go to, Jeeves, is limited by how strong your character is. 

I guess the question is then, what are the capabilities of the things you can summon?

From what I'm reading here, your character is mostly a summoner and is probably pretty squishy due to relying on other creatures to fight for her. In a way our characters are kinda similar in that sense, since mine uses plant constructs for fighting while you summon demons. 

• Brohoof 1