Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

Please do not create a boiling pot with all the characters in one place. We had 2 groups, now 3 if we include the newcoming characters.

But I'm slowly observing a merge going on, and I guarantee it will create a mess if we don't stop it now ;x people waiting for other ppl in group etc.

I'm having Ira detach herself from the events for now, unless someone is willingly going to search her out for any reason. Ley is waiting for Particle, but she cannot hear what's going on between Dru, Particle and ... sorry Denim, cannot remember your character's name from the top of my head yet.

Plus, we need to think about passage of time. Fast forward everything a day/few days/weeks/months even. Let people be creative with adding stories which happened during that time, not everything has to be roleplayes out or we will never let GMs progreas the story they have in mind.

So it would be great if you had targets ypu wish to achieve for today and point out when you'd be ready to fast forward. I know new characters might need a few posts, we have duel to be arranged probably, though it would still makes sense for beraucracy to take a few days.

Ira is pretty much free to go with the passage of time, but I need Ley to get stuck in her library and probably her dorm later on.

Hope it all makes sense?

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

As long as my professors get to "demonstrate" how the dueling system works. 

Sure, But lets at least get into the dueling field. One thing I do tend to find irksome about rps is they never know when to cut to the next scene. There is a reason they edit stuff out in books and movies and what not. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit @Denim&Venom

So what if thanks to his best friend's death Ghalan when pushed against a wall Or rather pushed to far. His darker emotions start to take hold slowly. his brutality starts showing. Toying with his opponents? and maybe caused an incident when they were younger. Maybe accidentally injuring Duality? Or one of their fellow teachers?

So what do you think or no?

Edited by dragon4111

15 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

So what if thanks to his best friend's death Ghalan when pushed against a wall Or rather pushed to far. His darker emotions start to take hold slowly. his brutality starts showing. Toying with his opponents? and maybe caused an incident when they were younger. Maybe accidentally injuring Duality? Or one of their fellow teachers?

So what do you think or no?

Toying with Druantia, you mean?

I hate doing this but alas it's why I have a pink name.

@dragon4111 @Denim&Venom

Both of your last posts are too small and need adding to.

This goes for everyone here, check the length of your posts they have to be more than 800 characters in length and this does not include quoting other people either, 800 of your own characters. I don't want to keep reminding people of this, otherwise, I'll have to take more serious steps to prevent this from happening in future. 800 people, it's not hard. 

image.png.7a96456b66bdf914e2986577ce302aa6.png 

/\

That needs to say 800.

• Brohoof 1

@dragon4111 I didn't include the mentions, though it's not against the rules it's good practice to write 800 before adding mentions. But your post seems fine now. 

(edited)
13 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

Well no in a future fight or something I'm just saying an idea.

But maybe glimpses during the dual.

Sounds interesting. :umad:

I'm currently a good few paragraphs into a post, but it might be a couple of hours before I get anything up. A lot's been going on while I've been working on these projects. ^_^

Amended: my post is now live.

Apologies all for the run-on sentence that makes up basically the entire last paragraph, but there's information in there that applies to everyone mentioned. Brace your eyeballs. :mustache:

Edited by Duality

12 hours ago, Mentis Soliloquy said:

I hate doing this but alas it's why I have a pink name.

@dragon4111 @Denim&Venom

Both of your last posts are too small and need adding to.

This goes for everyone here, check the length of your posts they have to be more than 800 characters in length and this does not include quoting other people either, 800 of your own characters. I don't want to keep reminding people of this, otherwise, I'll have to take more serious steps to prevent this from happening in future. 800 people, it's not hard. 

image.png.7a96456b66bdf914e2986577ce302aa6.png 

/\

That needs to say 800.

Fixed. Though you may want to adjust yours now. 

8 minutes ago, Duality said:

@Denim&Venom

I think he may have also been referring to the 'St Elmo's Fire' post, which remains literally two sentences. :derp:

And undo the continuity that is everypony else's post? Now why would I take such a risk like that? 

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

And undo the continuity that is everypony else's post? Now why would I take such a risk like that? 

... because them's the rules?

I mean, you could just spend a paragraph solely adding more detail to your characters, their surroundings, and everything happening around them. Retcons aren't a necessity.

31 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

are we finally doing this? He's in the Arena now. Do I need to wait for someone to say "fight" or something? @Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Waiting on @Mentis Soliloquy. Miko was talking to Katrina as they, and presumably the rest of the students, assemble at the arena for the combat demonstration and first duel. 

On 6/7/2018 at 2:09 AM, Passion said:

Plus, we need to think about passage of time. Fast forward everything a day/few days/weeks/months even. Let people be creative with adding stories which happened during that time, not everything has to be roleplayes out or we will never let GMs progreas the story they have in mind.

So it would be great if you had targets ypu wish to achieve for today and point out when you'd be ready to fast forward. I know new characters might need a few posts, we have duel to be arranged probably, though it would still makes sense for beraucracy to take a few days.

Ira is pretty much free to go with the passage of time, but I need Ley to get stuck in her library and probably her dorm later on.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, Buck Testa said:

Request to time skip to the dueling Area so we can FINALLY get this started. @Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Ach, sorry about that; I somehow entirely missed this interchange even though I posted just after it ended.

Testa, your timeskip is possible, but Passion and I still have a library chat to get through beforehand, which is looking like shaping up to be quite lore- and character-building. This should only take a single (collaborative) post, but probably one long enough that it'll take a while to work out. 

You can timeskip to the arena and @Denim&Venom's professor/s explaining how duels work in the meantime (a lot of the delay around getting you your duel is that you're RPing the groundbreaking character for a formidable chunk of lore; duels are a quite integral part of the school's operations and this one will set the standard for any more to come), as long as him and @dragon4111 are okay with it, but Duality needs to be there for the actual duel (she signed off on Druantia participating in a duel even though she's a minor), so the fight itself has to wait at least until Duality and Ley are done talking and I can speedily storyline the professor to her seat in the arena.

• Brohoof 1