Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What episode got you hooked?

Penny Lane

I was reluctant to watch it at first, i wathched ep 1, didnt find it overly appealing, at first, however i felt obliged to watch part 2, suddenly, i was hooked, the more i watched then, the more and more i loved it.

The very first and second episode.

What caught my eyes was the animation, been a while since i've seen that kind of smooth animation.

And after a while, i got stuck to the characters.

• Brohoof 2

The first two were meh, but the third one had me watching a bit. I don't know when I started really enjoying the show, I think it was the Trixie episode, but I usually watched them on my iPod while I talked to my friend. :3

For me it was also The Ticket Master. I actually laughed at the first two episodes, because it was kinda cliché. (Magical elements they all represent and DEFEAT THE ULTIMATE EVIL WITH ITS POWER)...

And the whole scene where they were in this white light and floated... Really reminded me of some shoujo-anime clichés. But because I had nothing better to do, I watched episode three... and got hooked.

• Brohoof 1

It just kinda snowballed for me. Like a few others, I watched the first two episodes because I couldn't leave on a cliffhanger. Then watched the third.....and fourth......and fifth.....and the rest of season 1.

Not sure what exactly caught my eye or what makes me come back and watch more. Maybe its just a break from the normal cartoons I watch. *shrugs* whatevs.

It was definitely The Ticket Master. I started from the very beginning of the series. I already started liking the show after Ep. 1 but I got hooked later because I wanted to see more before I went about liking the show.

Well...

I watched the first episode, and I didn't really like it, actually. But for some odd reason, I was wanting to watch the second episode.

And then I watched the whole first season.

And I have a story about my friend...

We were swimming in his pool yesterday and he asked my, "Matt, do you know the show called My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?"

I responded, "...yes..." He then said, "Why do people like it so much, I mean, isn't it a show for little girls?"

I then explained to him why people like it and what the show is about. Now he's going to watch a episode today on the Hub.

So yeah.

• Brohoof 1

First Episode: 20 (I think that's the number)

Green isn't your color-

it was the first episode I watched and it interested me in watching a few more, so then I watched Cutie Mark Chronicles on the afternoon, and that got me hooked, especially because in Green isn't your color, Flutters was adorable, and in Cutie Mark Chronicles, I started to gain a like for Pinkie Pie

For me it was the first two episodes that got me hooked. Although clearly, I'm not as hooked on this as Futurama.

(edited)

Well, really I loved the voice work, animation, characters, and the general polished feel of the show, but I think I really really got into the show on the third episode of Season 2 which was Lesson Zero. I loved that episode and more often than not I cracked a smile, normally I have no emotions so that was pretty big for me. That really got me into the show and fandom. I began to listen to pony music, watch pony videos, read pony fics and it pretty much went on from there.

BTW, for the first time I watched the show it was in a marathon so I was essentially hooked from day 1.

Edited by Scopes

First two episodes got me interested, but not hooked. I remember watching six episodes the night I started watching the show, and I had to admit it was pretty damn intriguing.

That being said, I eventually arrived at the Gilda episode and I was amazed at how well the characters were portrayed in such little time. Resolution was also good - it wasn't anti-climactic, and it really touched upon a few things you would find in the real life (watch the episode again to find out). The way Pinkie Pie was tossed around that episode made me feel bad for her and got me hooked.

It doesn't stop there, though. After that day, I took a "break" from MLP for a weekend, but had urges to check it out during the weekend I took a "break". The next Monday though, I finally started to watch the rest of the episodes, and that turned out to be a great day. Art of the Dress was the turning point in my transformation to a brony.

(edited)

Tough one... the first episode I saw was about half of Suited for Success, and while I was intrigued and wanted to watch more, I wouldn't say I was quite 'hooked' yet. Then I saw Party of One and The Best Night Ever soon after- I'd say those 2 are the ones that actually got me hooked, they were just so amazing and different than anything I've ever seen before, and I wanted to see more unusual stuff like hilariously crazy and angry ponies, and I hoped I'd see more great songs like The Gala Song- yeah, I'd say I decided then and there that I just couldn't get enough of MLP: FiM... :wub:

Edited by SBB64
  • Brohoof 1