Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for volunteers for new game!

bulldozerman185

Phew... saddle in (*RIMSHOT!*), fillies and gentlecolts, this one's gonna be a doozy.

So, a while back, me and a friend came up with this idea for a Final Fantasy-styled My Little Pony RPG that would involve characters and settings ASIDE from Equestria. But not in any way you've ever seen.

Ideas were tossed and turned, batted and cartwheeled, smashed and incinerated left and right, but finally, it was decided. The story would involve a young pony living on a remote island traveling to Equestria with her partner in an attempt to stop a power crazed maniac from destroying their home.

However, what's interesting to note is that not only is their island so far out of Equestria's boundaries nopony outside of the island is aware of it's existence, the island lacks many of the things that Equestria has, including deserts, dragons, and even alicorns.

And yes, the islands current ruler is a unicorn, not an alicorn. On the island, alicorns are believed to be only "Myth"; Make-believe beings created for the sole purpose of foals bedtime stories.

So imagine this young travelers shock and surprise when she arrives in Canterlot, and meets Princess Celestia for the first time. That's not going to give her a sense of deja vu, now is it?

Anyway, your ultimate goal in this game is to find the villain and put a stop to his evil plot, and sure, while you can just go straight to his lair and do that, you'd be missing out on about 80% of the game by doing so.

The real center stage attraction in this game is the sidequests, kind of like Zelda: Majora's Mask, where you don't HAVE to do all the optional side stuff, but doing so will not only net you a better ending, but multiple means to boost your characters strength and powers that'll give you the edge in battle.

Now, all of this is awesome to talk about, but there's just one problem: I'm a one-man force with little to NO budget to develop this game with! The best engine that I have to develop this game with is RPG Maker VX Ace, which is all fine and dandy ( it beats 2003 by a long shot ), but I can't create sprites for all the games characters ( whether they're from the show or not ), sprites for the background environments ( or ANY of the environments, for that matter ), or compose a soundtrack that fits with the style of the show. If I had those two things, I'd be working on this game from dawn till' dusk right now.

So, here's what I need help with: I need someone to volunteer their time to get me the character sprites, environment sprites, and soundtrack that I need to make this thing a reality. I'm sorry to make a request of this scale with next to no money to kick around, but it's all I got to work with right now. I'm just glad I was able to catch a Steam holiday sale and get a better engine to develop the game with then RPG Maker 2003.

If anyone thinks they're good enough to do that, PLEASE let me know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can with what I need.

Thanks a lot, and see you again soon!

• Brohoof 2

Hey, everypony! We've got a fantastic sprite designer to help us with the games development, but it would be great to get some additional art designers to help out with the environments and the like.

We also need some talented ponies to compose the games soundtrack.

Shoot me a reply if you think you have what it takes, and are willing to volunteer to help out with the development!

• Brohoof 1

Thanks to this wonderful community, I've managed to find an EXCELLENT sprite designer to help with the creation of Maradice Isle: Dawn of Shadows. I honestly wish I had known of this communities existence sooner ( much like the MLP franchise itself ). And a lot of the games core code and prefixes are now in place.

All I need now is those sprites, a tileset that fits with the shows setting, and the soundtrack. I hope somepony from around here can help out with those issues! For now, I'm using Final Fantasy music as a placeholder, which works, but I'd like to have an original soundtrack for this game, instead of using music from Final Fantasy. And do I even need to explain my issues with RPG Maker VX Ace's default tilesets?

As I said in my last topic, I now have a discord server set up where volunteers can gather to help with the games design. The invite link is "VabKgSC". Please keep in mind that the server uses a "Manual Approval" system in order to weed out trolls and general "Pain-In-The-Flanks", so you'll have to wait for me to put you in the correct rank before you can post or see messages on the server.

Hope everypony is having a great day!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

That little diversion to deviantART was very much welcome, as I not only have sprites of the Mane Six and Princess Celestia ( along with the bulk of Ponyville's residents ), but I've also got bases for both adult ponies of all races and fillies/colts of all races to work with ( something I needed VERY badly ). Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Now if only I had someone else to help me design NPC sprites using these bases. Designing NPC sprites by itself is likely to take up 6 months of my time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can help with the soundtrack! Contact me at vlazamal@gmail.com for details.

Here are just some works I've done.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fa15u7Bv5q_Mp_r63WtXCkkRm9wKNHZW/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwyBI9zgtIF2OXhwMWg3NFg5OXc/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13L-MZzLESBU3BwPCtI9V5MWBD-Y2Q_AF/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Vlazamal
more information
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, bulldozerman185 said:

Sure, go ahead. If I like what I see, I'll let you join in on our development Discord server.

Cool can I join this project looks interesting.

3 minutes ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Should I trust Discord servers?

Yes, you can. They're pretty rock solid, and we have a system in place where people cannot speak in the server itself until they're manually approved as "Supporters" by me. Helps to keep the trolls out.

52 minutes ago, SparkleSan79 said:

Should I trust Discord servers?

Discord is an application just like all the others. The servers cannot harm you in any way. They are basically like chatrooms, which size is dictated by the Administrator of the server. Literally anyone can create one, but they serve nothing more than communication. Apart from the application, you do not have to download any additional files or resources to use it.

If you wish to compare it, think of it as of Facebook with chatrooms and voice chat options available at will.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I am kinda interested in working on this. But I am not the best at sprites or anything. I could try to make facesets, in case you need those for some characters.

Edit: Also, I am not quite sure the position is open anymore, this is a kinda old post.

Edited by Winter Breeze
Extra details