Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever date someone who isn't a 10/10

Feather Scribbles

6 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Like many others have stated here; rating a person's worth on a numerical scale is simply outrageous, if you ask me. :pout: While I can certainly say that some folks are more attractive than others, that's not an ultimate judge of their character. Someone's character alone can make someone attractive, if you ask me.

No, I completely agree. Rating people is a flawed system anyway. You can always have maybe a "general concensus" if someone is "attractive" or not like that silly "most attractive person of the year" thing that People Magazine does, but sometimes the people they pick, are not my type. So therefore, they are not a "10" to me, by looks department at least. I know some people (who to me have no taste!) that think my husband's not a 10, but to me? He's an 11!! ^__^ That's why it's a flawed system. Everyone's idea of a "10" is different!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Memento Mori said:

No, I completely agree. Rating people is a flawed system anyway. You can always have maybe a "general concensus" if someone is "attractive" or not like that silly "most attractive person of the year" thing that People Magazine does, but sometimes the people they pick, are not my type. So therefore, they are not a "10" to me, by looks department at least. I know some people (who to me have no taste!) that think my husband's not a 10, but to me? He's an 11!! ^__^ That's why it's a flawed system. Everyone's idea of a "10" is different!

Oh, no; I completely agree as well~! :grin: Sorry if it seemed like my comment was directed at you... :lie:

What are we rating? Looks? Personality? The total package?

ANY criteria... I don't want someone who is 'perfect' - looks will fade and I would always feel like I wasn't measuring up. And it's hard to fathom anyone with no flaws.

(edited)

I would date someone who's below a 10/10 in both personality and appearance merely because I myself wouldn't even consider my self a 7/10 in personality, and probably a 5/10 in looks at best.:P 

Edited by Nightfall Thunder

Yes. My exes probably were a 6 at best, but I didn't care. It wasn't a massive factor for me.

Then again, I'm like a 5 lol

• Brohoof 1

I don't plan on dating anyone anytime soon, nor do I have a spouse or partner but I respond with this:

I don't believe anyone's truly perfect anyways (at least not in this world). Like Mayuri said, there's no room for improvement if someone's already perfect.

No, never ever! Whenever a girl shows me a pic of herself, and she doesn't look like a super model, I'll immediately stop talking to her and block her. Looks is the only important thing, it's the outside that counts <3

But in all seriousness now, what is that even for a question? 

On 3/26/2018 at 12:16 AM, Feather Scribbles said:

Regardless if you are a 10/10 or 9/10 or not, would you ever date someone who is lower than that?

Let me introduce you to a fictional character named Aaron/Emily. Aaron/Emily is 5'8", weighs 150 lbs, is on the skinny side, and has a nice face/head shape. He/she is quite intelligent, very funny, and is kind to all. But he/she lacks confidence. He/she is considered a beta male/female. He/she is certainly not a 10/10, but more of a 7/10.

Would you ever consider dating someone who is not a 10/10? Would you ever date a "nice guy"? Or do you only go for the alpha men/women?

Hell no, a person has to work crazy hard for me even consider dating  :dry:

• 1 year later...

For me, a 10/10 means not looks, but if you really care for me. If you love me for who I am and not how pretty I am, then you’re an ♾/10. For myself, others have considered me lookswise a 10/10, but I’m kind of a cuckoohead, so no one fee asked me. I really don’t care. I’m aromatic, so I won’t know something when I see it.

(sorry for still posting after the 69th post, DX)

I think I posted here, but I think I have a different answer.

I'd actually have a harder time dating a 10/10 than say a 5 or even a 4. The reason I say this, is because I don't like perfect. If somebody is a perfect, slam-dunk 10/10, then I get the impression that they're somehow fake. Like I have a hard time believing that a 10/10 is even remotely genuine. I mean I admit, my boyfriend is far from a 10/10, but in my twisted mind, that may just be a positive. :wub: After all, he feels like a real person and not just somebody trying to act perfect around me, while having their own flaws and insecurities they never show me for them to only bubble up and become serious issues later. Which would be more serious at that point, not only because of the later time but also because they totally misrepresented themselves.

Edited by Angel_Dust