Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you destroy a whole universe to save MLP's universe?

KillerKingBakudan

Some unknown cosmic force has caused the FIM universe to come into collision with another fictional universe, and they are now occupying the same time and space. The opposing universe could be from Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Sonic, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, hell, virtually ANY universe that you like just as much as the former. And like MLP, this universe is populated by a large majority of innocent people.

If the two universes continue to grind together, they'll both eventually self-destruct, and all life between them will cease to exist. But as an outside observer, you've been given the power to save one of the universes by sacrificing the other.

Would you save the MLP universe so that Equestria and all its neighboring countries can be safe? Would the other universe simply be too valuable for you to give up in favor of ponies? Or would you refuse the burden of sacrifice and watch the inevitable destruction play out?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Some unknown cosmic force has caused the FIM universe to come into collision with another fictional universe, and they are now occupying the same time and space. The opposing universe could be from Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Masters of the Universe, TMNT, Sonic, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, hell, virtually ANY universe that you like just as much as the former. And like MLP, this universe is populated by a large majority of innocent people.

If the two universes continue to grind together, they'll both eventually self-destruct, and all life between them will cease to exist. But as an outside observer, you've been given the power to save one of the universes by sacrificing the other.

Would you save the MLP universe so that Equestria and all its neighboring countries can be safe? Would the other universe simply be too valuable for you to give up in favor of ponies? Or would you refuse the burden of sacrifice and watch the inevitable destruction play out?

Well the MLP FIM Universe isn't all that interesting to me compared to all the other Universes you brought out which have more complexities surrounding them and how some of them are not restricted under TV Y7 ratings so they can get away showing off some semblance of realism in there e.g. Dealing with mental instabilities in a mature light, Blood, Death, Suffering. All of these examples I doubt would fall under TV Y7 standards.

I would say compare the MLP FIM Universe to other Universes that share the same TV Ratings since the other universes might not be TV Y7.

Otherwise, other universes in favor of MLP FIM Universe.

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Giving off my answer in bold.

Hmm... well, first of all we'd have to be clear on what this means exactly.

Are you saying if both universes exsisted in real life?  Or More that if we had to choose to wipe one from exsistence.  (granted what you said implies the former but still I'll tackle both.)

So let's start with the former.  We still have another conundrum as basically you're asking us to say would we save the MLP universe over any and all other fictional universes or should we pick one... and if so, do we get to pick or is it assumed to be are other favorite series?

Well, to be honest the one is hard to say since it would really depend on the universe for me... Cuz if it was say the DBZ universe... I'd pick the DBZ Universe to be saved... then use the dragon balls to wish the MLP back to exsistence in it's own dimension.  If the Marvel universe.. again pick it and then use an infinity stone to fix the issue. ;)

Ofcourse, when it comes to overall I'll have to say that the MLP world I can see would help with a lot of things... Friendship is powerful and a good thing to teach.  So a good majority of them I would choose the MLP world over the others.

Though, if it was against the Pokémon Universe... sorry MLP, but I want to go catch me some Pokémon.

__

Now if you talk about the latter, then well, MLP is pretty high up on my list so unless you're comparing it to Sonic or Pokémon... I'd probably pick MLP over them.

Much as I love the MLP universe, I'd be hard pressed to save it if the other universe was the Doctor Who or Kim Possible universe. Perhaps if it was the Doctor Who universe, The Doctor would be able to find a way to save both. I would personally blow up all three of the above mentioned universes, if it would save the Robert Heinlein Future History universe.

if it were the universe of sonic with whom the collision would be, I would first seek all the ways to avoid the destruction of both, perhaps investigating a way that both can become a single universe with parts of each. perhaps using the power of the chaos emeralds combined with those of the elements of the harmony

Just now, JCKane said:

Hmm... well, first of all we'd have to be clear on what this means exactly.

Are you saying if both universes exsisted in real life?  Or More that if we had to choose to wipe one from exsistence.  (granted what you said implies the former but still I'll tackle both.)

So let's start with the former.  We still have another conundrum as basically you're asking us to say would we save the MLP universe over any and all other fictional universes or should we pick one... and if so, do we get to pick or is it assumed to be are other favorite series?

Pretty much save the MLP universe or the [Insert Other Favorite IP Of Yours] universe, if they were both real and about to destroy each other through involuntary collision. Decide between as many as you want, using any criteria you want.

I'm a fan of Marvel. But given that this is a multiverse in which heroes and villains alike are constantly being killed off and brought back to life, their existence ultimately means nothing. As much as I love certain characters and enjoy the hell out of certain MCU movies, I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice any or all of Marvel's collective universes to spare the lives of every creature in the FIM universe. The ponies have a lot more to live for.

Now having to choose between MLP and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure isn't so clear cut. This is also a multiverse. And since Steel Ball Run and JoJolion were set in different universes for the purpose of milking this franchise to death after Stone Ocean's conclusion, I wouldn't feel the least sorry to see their inhabitants get vaporized. If we're talking about the original JJBA universe though, then I'd have to sacrifice the MLP universe since I find the OG Joestar family to be much more admirable heroes than the Mane Six. Their enemies were evil as fuck; enough to make Tirek look like Honest John from Pinocchio. There was no chance in hell of them ever being reformed, and the Joestars knew not to let them off the hook so easily. They gave them the bloody, gruesome deaths they deserved, so for that, they've more than earned their right to continue existing and fighting for their world.

There's a lot more stuff I'm into, but those are the ones I have at the top of my head.

This isn't like picking a planet to save if both are hurdling towards the sun. We're talking universes, and I'm supposed to determine which one I save by means of personal enjoyment? Bit selfish isn't it. I'd have to go with saving the one that has more lives at stake and If I can't figure tha tout then I'd leave it up to a coin toss.

7 hours ago, SharpWit said:

This isn't like picking a planet to save if both are hurdling towards the sun. We're talking universes, and I'm supposed to determine which one I save by means of personal enjoyment? Bit selfish isn't it. I'd have to go with saving the one that has more lives at stake and If I can't figure tha tout then I'd leave it up to a coin toss.

I hate to be a Mudbriar, but technically, I never said that.

15 minutes ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

I hate to be a Mudbriar, but technically, I never said that.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

ANY universe that you like just as much as the former

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, KillerKingBakudan said:

Would the other universe simply be too valuable for you to give up in favor of ponies?

Isn't the value of these universes coming from how much I like them?

Just now, SharpWit said:

Isn't the value of these universes coming from how much I like them?

No. It comes from how you personally define the value of each universe. If you choose to make preference a factor in which one you want to save, that's on you.

The only reason I said the opposing universe has to be one you like is simple. If the fictional property is something that people don't care for, then of course they're gonna let it blow up. I think Dragon Ball sucks. I wouldn't give anyone from that universe so much as a thought.

1 hour ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

No. It comes from how you personally define the value of each universe. If you choose to make preference a factor in which one you want to save, that's on you.

The only reason I said the opposing universe has to be one you like is simple. If the fictional property is something that people don't care for, then of course they're gonna let it blow up. I think Dragon Ball sucks. I wouldn't give anyone from that universe so much as a thought.

This question feels like 1+X=Y when it should be 1±1=Y.

(edited)
Just now, SharpWit said:

This question feels like 1+X=Y when it should be 1±1=Y.

That's because you're overthinking it.

You've got MLP, which you're a fan of. You've got "Universe X", which is something you're also a fan of. Which do you save, and why? That's all there is to it.

Edited by KillerKingBakudan

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2018-05-31 at 2:02 AM, KillerKingBakudan said:

That's because you're overthinking it.

You've got MLP, which you're a fan of. You've got "Universe X", which is something you're also a fan of. Which do you save, and why? That's all there is to it.

Mane six vs  The Equinox Six I would save the Prime Mlp Universe and let the equinoxean Version of  equestria  elf-destruct,

21 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and yet I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say

Using the Infinity Stones to wipe out a  universe

• Brohoof 1