Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do things like raiders/bandits exist in Equestria?

AveryGamerDude

This is something I've had on my mind for a little bit, as I'm extremely curious, as I'm pretty sure that there has to be some form of criminals in Equestria, and if they exist they probably form gangs or something to that length. So do raiders/bandits exist in the MLP Universe?

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes, I'm sure there are various raiders...of lost arks and so forth.

But yeah, seriously, of course there's criminals.  Like Dr. Callablowhard or whatever his name is.  Y'know, Daring Do's nemesis.  There's just not nearly as much petty crime in Equestria as there is irl.  But it's a trade-off, because in Equestria, every year or so there's a magical super-villain that comes a hair's breadth to destroying the universe or something.  I was thinking about this the other day: like, we all fantasize about living in Equestria, thinking about how perfect it would be, and how much better it is than our trash heap of a world, but....is it really?  From our perspective, we know it's great, because we know that the ponies will always prevail, but from their perspective, it's gotta really suck when villains like Tirek or Starlight can show up and destroy the world.  Look at how many times and how many ways the country or the cosmos has almost been ripped apart on this show.  If you didn't have the dramatic irony of knowing that the heroes will always win, it would suck big time.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh yes, I'm sure there are various raiders...of lost arks and so forth.

But yeah, seriously, of course there's criminals.  Like Dr. Callablowhard or whatever his name is.  Y'know, Daring Do's nemesis.  There's just not nearly as much petty crime in Equestria as there is irl.  But it's a trade-off, because in Equestria, every year or so there's a magical super-villain that comes a hair's breadth to destroying the universe or something.  I was thinking about this the other day: like, we all fantasize about living in Equestria, thinking about how perfect it would be, and how much better it is than our trash heap of a world, but....is it really?  From our perspective, we know it's great, because we know that the ponies will always prevail, but from their perspective, it's gotta really suck when villains like Tirek or Starlight can show up and destroy the world.  Look at how many times and how many ways the country or the cosmos has almost been ripped apart on this show.  If you didn't have the dramatic irony of knowing that the heroes will always win, it would suck big time.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm a freaking derp. :derp:

• Brohoof 2

The concept of many criminals in Equestria would ruin my view for this world, but I can say, that Equestria is so planned (somehow by somepony), that no matter what will happen (no matter how big evil will come to attemt ruining the Equestria), some forces will take that evilness away. And those little crimes, such as thiefts, burglars, rapes, murders... Well, I didn't think of it. I'm sure those crimes almost don't occur, because how upbringing of ponies are set to or accepted. Bullying others? Well, that's the problem of fillies, not the whole Equestria, but it's a social problem, so I would be worried about that anyway.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/9/2018 at 3:15 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

, we all fantasize about living in Equestria, thinking about how perfect it would be, and how much better it is than our trash heap of a world, but....is it really?  From our perspective, we know it's great, because we know that the ponies will always prevail, but from their perspective, it's gotta really suck when villains like Tirek or Starlight can show up and destroy the world.  Look at how many times and how many ways the country or the cosmos has almost been ripped apart on this show.  If you didn't have the dramatic irony of knowing that the heroes will always win, it would suck big time.

I've chased tornadoes for fun. And one of the dreams of my childhood, one that REALLY sticks out in my head, was a dream I had where Godzilla arrived in NYC (I live about an hour away from there). Everybody in town was freaking out, evacuating, just in case the fighting came closer. And I remember it being terrifying but the excitement was stronger. I was ramped. I kept running out the front door and looking towards the horizon, red crimson glow, random flashes of light! "He's getting closer!!!" I think I'd be fine. I'll be front and center blowing a flugelhorn and waving a foam hand. Also random taking pics and texting them back to Earth, "This... is SO... AWESOME!!!" :P

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

Everywhere where there is civilization there are always those who reject it or some of it and fight against it becoming bandits etc. So I think they exist in there 

It could make a pretty good episode focusing around them and crime/societal issues in general 

... where do you think the unicorn horn trade in Kluge Town came from?

I kind of imagine that there was still a dedicated “group of supporters” that still believed in Nightmare Moon after her imprisonment.

• 2 years later...