Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition to keep G4 running.

CastletonSnob

By the time the show ends it will have had 9 seasons, 221 episodes, multiple specials,  online shorts, and a theatrically released movie, and that isn't even taking consideration of its Equestria Girls spin off series.  So basically what I am saying that by the time MLP FiM ends it will have released a rather large amount of content, which to many children's cartoons, and even cartoons in general would kill to have.  So honestly, I don't really see the need for a 10th season.

Plus let's be honest, for the most part petitions don't really do much, so this idea wouldn't really work.

• Brohoof 10

Dude, let it go. Superfluous petitions like this aren't going to change a massive corporation like Hasbro's mind. The only thing we can do is accept it and live with it.

• Brohoof 5

Forget it dude. It's over.

In life, it's all about looking forward and not backwards.

Seriously, I've seen ridiculous petitions like building an actual Death Star which has no practical benefits whatsoever and is more ridiculous than Trump's wall.

The show has had an amazing run and like I always say, we'll always have fan writing fan fiction to include further adventures. Even when a show ends, the fan base doesn't just poof away.

• Brohoof 2

Sorry, no. I already talked about this in the thread about the show ending, live and let die. The show established a great legacy for itself in its long run that has surpassed most kids shows. One more season would be good, but it's the show staff's and Hasbro's decision and I highly doubt that a petition would change their minds with petitions being notoriously ineffective. Even if you're not hopeful that G5 will be good like I am, the eternal legacy this show has had that will continue to live on is enough to look forward to. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 5

Guys! It''s been 9 years, we had our fun,we'll have had 9 seasons, 2 movies, years worth of comics, a spinoff that also has a ton of content, not to mention all the fan works under the sun.

It's over guys, you have to come to terms with reality, live with it and move on. All good things come to an end eventually. Besides it has so much content and you can revisit it whenever you like.

BRING ON G5!!!

• Brohoof 8

As much as it’s saddens me, because I have a very intimate connection with FIM, however, it has a lifetime of content that most shows can only dream off, and the social impact it caused is undeniable. Many still scorn FIM today, but it’ll be talked more positively in years as one of the greats in animation

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

All the episodes this season including the finale I'm sure have already gone through their script and storyboarding phase, and much of the crew has already left the show and moved on to other projects (Daniel Ingram and at least some major voice actors among them from what I can tell). So it would probably be a lot more stressful for everyone involved to try to get one more season out of it than to just move on and be satisfied with the ending that has been planned, and I doubt you would really get the result you want out of demanding another season even if petitions had any sort of meaning.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

I agree, petitions are just useless pieces of zhit that try to force companies into getting what you want.

Besides, most (if not all) of the Mane Six all have everything they need, so why give them more in G4?

Hate to burst the bubble, but it’s over. No one is going to be able to revive it unless gen 5 bombs super hard. What would a studio revive an old product when the new one is doing well?

2 hours ago, Zkrahs Yek said:

Hate to burst the bubble, but it’s over. No one is going to be able to revive it unless gen 5 bombs super hard. What would a studio revive an old product when the new one is doing well?

I don't think it needs to bomb super hard, just not meet its projected sales; a petition isn't going to do anything to influence them, but if it looks like a reboot has cost them market share, a S10 (and "classic G4" releases) is going to look pretty attractive.

Swore I made a reply to this thread, guess not.

In my opinion, just let the show off, my dude. Let it go before it goes through seasonal rot like Spongebob has.

• Brohoof 4

So far it appears that the writers are really writing this as the final season, wrapping things up. Let the show die with grace, don't drag it screaming from the grave to entertain us as a shadow. 

• Brohoof 3

On 3/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, AveryGamerDude said:

Relax man. I'm gonna try and see if I can buy Hasbro so that once G5 is over, G6 will be a reboot of FiM. I can't make any promises, unfortunately. But I'll try! ;)

You're not going to be able to buy Hasbro, but in the future it very well might be possible for some studio to buy the license to make a reboot of Friendship is Magic. That's my long term stretch goal, first I need to get a foot in the door though with a different animation pitch. 

It's sad but you just have to learn to let it go. How long do you want FiM to go on for? Another 10 years? 20 years? At what point will you be able to let it go? Nothing lasts forever. All you can do is remember what it was and effect it had on your life. Do you really want FiM is turn into Simpsons and Spongebob? Let's say, they extend it for another 10 years, all the characters will turn into one-note versions of themselves. No depth of character or anything. Each character would be reduced to one character trait and that would be jacked up to 12. Would you want to watch that just to keep FiM around?  I certainly wouldn't.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

While a lot of us would rather it go on longer, it would be best to let go of it. FiM shouldn't be remembered solely for overstaying its welcome and becoming stale, but rather a show that was reasonably long and ended at the right time. Besides, what's done is done, there is no changing that.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Cash In said:

While a lot of us would rather it go on longer, it would be best to let go of it. FiM shouldn't be remembered solely for overstaying its welcome and becoming stale, but rather a show that was reasonably long and ended at the right time. Besides, what's done is done, there is no changing that.

It’s better for FIM to be rediscovered later as a high point of animation of it’s time rather than another one who overstayed it’s welcome. Simpsons, Fairly Odd Parents, and Spongebob are now remembered for their decay, instead of how good they were during their earlier times.

• Brohoof 2