Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Sararini's Art Thread 2019

sararini

I want to start posting art again, but I want to start a new thread instead of continuing my old one from years ago. The old thread can be found here. Check it out to see how much I've improved! I think I'm finally getting to a point where I like my art style, but I still need to work on poses and expressions. I haven't finished a ton of art this year, but I've been pretty active in the past week or so, so hopefully that will change.

I'll go from oldest to newest and show my favorite art from this year.

dcw6876-2292bbbd-9c71-4cd2-a5c6-66a27067

This was an adoptable design I sold. I love browns and golds, especially together.

dcz33et-b9e54f89-32d7-4142-a331-4f4aed59

Another adoptable design I sold. 

[OC] Caius by sararini

A sketch of a character I'm designing for myself, Caius. I'm having a hard time picking colors for him though.

[Commission] Moonstruck by sararini

A commission of a pretty character named Moonstruck. <3

dd0uzgm-61b5b3f6-ac53-4295-a1cc-1c89aae5

A YCH commission featuring a character named Acacia Blossom.

[Commission] Slaine by sararini

A portrait sketch commission.

[YCH] Esperanza Femi by sararini

Another YCH commission, I love this character's design.

And these last two were done yesterday:

dd1gvs5-a591c024-16ca-4e20-9917-f31748f9

My bat pony OC, Kari.

Cecilia Reference by sararini

And Cecilia, my half demon pony.

A height comparison between the two, Cecilia is average and Kari's short:

Cecilia and Kari height difference by sararini

• Brohoof 4

13 minutes ago, A.V. said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Kari looks kind of like a female Discord? 

Might be the bat wing and the protruding tooth - although the smaller version of the tooth, as well as the more pony-like snout is more along the lines of what Eris tends to be portrayed as.

1 minute ago, Quinch said:

Might be the bat wing and the protruding tooth - although the smaller version of the tooth, as well as the more pony-like snout is more along the lines of what Eris tends to be portrayed as.

As well as how the eyes and the hair are colored.

Your style is lovely. It’s always interesting seeing different styles of MLP characters. Well done.

Must say, I adore your style. Design wise they all look astounding as well, great job!

On 3/7/2019 at 11:50 AM, Quinch said:

Ooh! I like Captain Constellation Goatee, it's a nice touch.

Haha, I love that nickname for him. Thanks! He was supposed to have a wise, scholarly, slightly frazzled look to him, but I feel like the goatee (or maybe it's the hair) makes him look a little more suave/Johnny Depp-esque than I intended. 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, A.V. said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Kari looks kind of like a female Discord?

After what you and Quinch pointed out, I can kinda see a resemblance to Eris, yeah. Mostly the tooth and the way the eyes are colored. :P First time hearing that comparison though.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, Bakugou Is My Man <3 said:

Your style is lovely. It’s always interesting seeing different styles of MLP characters. Well done.

Thank you so much! I really worried for a long time that I'd never develop a style I liked and felt like was recognizable, but I think I'm getting there.

22 hours ago, Iris Flower said:

I have nothing but positive things to say about your art. My critique would mostly be praise if I gave a full paragraph. XD

Haha, wow, thank you so much! I appreciate that a lot. :D

19 hours ago, Shadow Beam said:

Must say, I adore your style. Design wise they all look astounding as well, great job!

Thank you so much! 

Oh, while I'm here, here's a drawing I finished yesterday of my former changeling princess OC, Reyna:

reyna_reference_by_sararini_dd1jlac-pre.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gotta say, I really love your style <3

From their anatomy, especially the shape of the faces, to the colors and all the details you draw in every one of these OCs! Great job!! :3

10 hours ago, Kamii said:

Gotta say, I really love your style <3

From their anatomy, especially the shape of the faces, to the colors and all the details you draw in every one of these OCs! Great job!! :3

3 hours ago, Partialgeek514 said:

Oo! This is some pretty nice art! :squee: You seem to combine both majestic and cute!

Wow, thank you so much! ! I wasn't expecting to come back and find any replies,  these are both such kind compliments,  thank ya'll so much for the feedback! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. 

Here's my most recent drawing! A merpony design I put up for sale on deviantart since it's MerMay. I thought she would sell well, but surprisingly there hasn't been much interest so far. 

merpony_auction__open_by_sararini_dd6pk8e.png

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

I will do everything I can to keep you safe. For as long as I live. 

Cecilia with her mother, Evonne. Kind of a late Mother's Day thing. :P Evonne probably wasn't the best mother, she didn't really understand how to interact with children very well, but she did try her best to keep Cecilia shielded from the dark things going on around them. Before Cecilia managed to escape her old life, her mom was the only good thing in her world, and she misses her terribly.

More about Cecilia here: fav.me/dd1hdss

cecilia and evonne.png

Edited by sararini
  • Brohoof 1

Oh wowsers, you're super talented! Your art style is cute and I love the detail you put in your work. Art goals for sure :please:

On 5/13/2019 at 11:07 PM, Odyssey said:

Oh wowsers, you're super talented! Your art style is cute and I love the detail you put in your work. Art goals for sure :please:

Thank you so much! :D

• Brohoof 1

Here's a little sketch I did of a character I bought from someone on deviantart recently. Strangely enough, this might be my favorite out of everything I've drawn this year.

you will see me thrive.png

• Brohoof 1

New OC! She doesn't have a name yet, I'm hoping for something maybe jester themed, or just generally mischievous sounding. I wanted to challenge myself to try and make a design inspired by a palette, since I haven't done that in a few years, I didn't expect to like the design so much. This is the palette she was based off of, but I didn't end up following it exactly.

jester.png

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...