Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Hailing Trekkies for a Star Wars/Star Trek crossover

Steel Accord

13 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Awesome! Before we begin. Are there any particular Trek villains you want in this?

Trek doesn't really do reoccurring villains the way SW does. The few that did exist have been dealt with by this point, as the end of the Dominion war was also the end of the current trek timeline. Everything else after has either been a dive into the past or non-cannon stuff like books or video games. Plenty of factions and races I can see being sympathetic to the Sith or militant members of the republic. Heck, the Dominion basically were Star Trek's version of the Empire. 

13 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

@Denim&Venom I didn’t really mean individual people, I meant villainous factions you could give a couple persons to represent.

Oh that's easy. Romulans, Cardassians, remnants of the Dominion. The Borg would be an interesting one. Even Star Fleet's own black ops unit Section 31 would probably have some nefarious dudes in it.                          

14 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh that's easy. Romulans, Cardassians, remnants of the Dominion. The Borg would be an interesting one. Even Star Fleet's own black ops unit Section 31 would probably have some nefarious dudes in it.                          

Of those, who do you think would most readily align with the Sith? Or at least would meet with them?

Just now, Steel Accord said:

Of those, who do you think would most readily align with the Sith? Or at least would meet with them?

Easily the Romans. They embrace secrecy, deception, cunning, and giving into the full range of their emotions. Just like early sith teachings focused on.

Heck, their sister race, the Vulcans are almost Jedi like with their focus on logic, order and detachment from emotions. 

Makes me wonder where George really got his ideas about Jedi and Sith from. 

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Easily the Romans. They embrace secrecy, deception, cunning, and giving into the full range of their emotions. Just like early sith teachings focused on.

Heck, their sister race, the Vulcans are almost Jedi like with their focus on logic, order and detachment from emotions. 

Makes me wonder where George really got his ideas about Jedi and Sith from. 

Let’s see here, Jidai Geki films and his own faith. The Sith were originally going to be called “the Damned” and Obi-wan was supposed to be played by the legendary Toshiro Mifune.

2 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Let’s see here, Jidai Geki films and his own faith. The Sith were originally going to be called “the Damned” and Obi-wan was supposed to be played by the legendary Toshiro Mifune.

In a broader sense yeah. WW2 movies were also a big influence, from the plot of the first film, to the fascist undertones of the empire to how space combat works. 

Just saying that similarities of philosophies between Vulcans/Romulans and Jedi/Sith are pretty eerie. 

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

In a broader sense yeah. WW2 movies were also a big influence, from the plot of the first film, to the fascist undertones of the empire to how space combat works. 

Just saying that similarities of philosophies between Vulcans/Romulans and Jedi/Sith are pretty eerie. 

Yeah I was just being intentionally pedantic. Forgive me.

Can I set up an OOC thread then? :pinkie:

• 2 weeks later...

oh man, i really need to check this forum more often!  completely missed this!  would have been awesome....

I know y'all already started, and I won't force my way in.  but if I may..... A good Trek villain that you can use would be Gul Dukat from DS9, especially if you're starting from the beginning of DS9, wormhole leading to SW galaxy, etc.  He's one of Trek's best villains, and would totally be plotting something for his own power gain..

also, if ya need any help with technobable, or would ship A beat ship B stuff, feel free to message me!  ST and SW tech is a hobby of mine, lol.  But other than that, enjoy!  (I'll prob read along)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, nx9100 said:

oh man, i really need to check this forum more often!  completely missed this!  would have been awesome....

I know y'all already started, and I won't force my way in.  but if I may..... A good Trek villain that you can use would be Gul Dukat from DS9, especially if you're starting from the beginning of DS9, wormhole leading to SW galaxy, etc.  He's one of Trek's best villains, and would totally be plotting something for his own power gain..

also, if ya need any help with technobable, or would ship A beat ship B stuff, feel free to message me!  ST and SW tech is a hobby of mine, lol.  But other than that, enjoy!  (I'll prob read along)

Actually he’s not responded at all so if you’re interested, I’d really appreciate taking you on.

35 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Actually he’s not responded at all so if you’re interested, I’d really appreciate taking you on.

Actually I'm still interested. Just heard nothing from you and thought the whole thing was off. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Actually I'm still interested. Just heard nothing from you and thought the whole thing was off. 

Well I did post the first part of the OOC thread. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Edited by Steel Accord

On May 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM, Steel Accord said:

Well I did post the first part of the OOC thread. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

So next step would be to post the bio of my character. What happens after?