Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Does anyone else think that Yahoo Answers is a pretty bad website?

AlicornSpell

Any question on that website (especially harmless innocent ones) can get taken down just because someone reported it, and I have seen that happen A LOT on that website. Seriously the moderators on that website will take any question down just simply because someone reported it. Some of the rules on that website make no sense what so ever. Like an example is that you aren't allowed to write strong curse words on that website. The age limit for Yahoo Answers is 13 years old or older, so I don't get why they have strong curse words banned from that website, since people at that age should be able to handle strong cursing. And also people are allowed to write questions on that website that involve sensitive and mature content. So I don't get the logic of banning strong curse words on that website. 

Yahoo Answers is so 2008. There's far worse websites out there than something that's kind of dead. for example, twitter's userbase suuuuucks

• Brohoof 2

Yahoo answers is just a trash heap. Sometimes there are some good answers and the rest is just trash.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Yahoo Answers is so 2008. There's far worse websites out there than something that's kind of dead. for example, twitter's userbase suuuuucks

I haven't look at that website since 2008, so yeah I agree with you there.

Believe it or not, I used to use it for HW help. And there are some genuine people who actually gives genuine answers. Which helps and save time for me since I usually get answers within an hour.  

And to kill some time I’d roam around and answers some yahoo questions for the hell of it.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

This is what I think...but with a little correction. Yahoo Answers is so #noonecares. The end. 

• Brohoof 2

You are far from the first person to think Yahoo Answers is crap, although you might be the first to actually talk about the rules. People normally hate it because the users themselves ask dumb questions and/or give bad answers.

Never go to Yahoo! Answers for reliable information. Ever. You're better off using Wikipedia and Google for simple fact checks and anything more complicated than that, look at multiple sources before you come to your own conclusions. 

• Brohoof 1

Yahoo comments are on par with Youtube comments when it comes to moderation and the overall abundance of degeneracy and bots.

Also the site itself is flooded with clickbait articles, ads and many of the actual articles themselves have poor spelling, grammar and are also ultimately just clickbait. I only use Yahoo for its Sports section and seldom read the headlines anymore.

Yahoo Answers is a gold mine of stupidity. If you want some laughs, go give it a visit. You will find some of the worst answers and questions humanity has to offer. Pretty fantastic at times.

I know the website can offer legitimate answers to legitimate questions but that seems to be pretty rare nowadays. It seems to be a place for people to just troll others. Admittedly, it is hilarious.

There are nice people there, but also a lot of stupid people doing stupid questions. But I'm not going to lie, some of them are pretty funny. Anyways, I'd select what and who ask something.

• 1 year later...