Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fake Equestria Girls Youtube videos

Sepul-Coloratura

(edited)

Have you noticrd those fake EQG videos popping up when you search for 'Equesteia Girls' at Youtube? Those videos use the same characters from EQG, but has a different art style. And it's also pretty much dealing inappropriate subjects as the thumbnail pictures clearly suggest. These videos have quite a lot of views (one of it has 8 million views) but I don't think it's right. It's clearly not a fanwork but who can prove it? Have you noticed this and what do you think?

There is also a TED speach about this kind if phenomenon.

I don't want to link the exact video, but you can just easily look it for yourself.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 3

I have noticed these popping up recently. They are certainly "unique" - I use this term very loosely. I really am unsure about the overall demographic, but we've had very similar things pop up on YouTube in the past - not inherently to do with Equestria Girls, but things which can be considered rather inappropriate. I'd just ignore them and move on, as I feel that there will be no stopping them.

I've seen something like this in the recommended videos, but I flagged them as "Not interested" and didn't actually watch any. This looks like Elsagate 2.0.

Yeah, it is like what that guy said. It's really hard to tell whether these videos are made by actual people or by bots, but the underlying issue is that technology is rapidly growing too fast. AI is becoming a beast, and repetition is also controlling the world more than ever. But if we hired actual people, then most likely they have no idea what they're doing, and for little pay too.

...Buuut I'm getting too off topic, I really do find this phenomenon interesting. The actual videos though? I stay far away from them, lol

• 7 months later...

I cannot STAND these kinds of videos, but they keep getting suggested to me; I'll admit, I've watched a couple just to see the quality of them, but there's only so many videos of Adagio ruining dresses and flowers kitted out with baby crying effects that I can take. The descriptions are often just as strange as the video, if you ever have the time to peruse them:P

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2019 at 5:55 PM, Sepul-Coloratura said:

There is also a TED speach about this kind if phenomenon.

Oh god, at 3:00 in the video. That's why COPPA happened. This video was from 2018.

Anyways, to be on topic, I have not seen those fake Equestria Girls videos. Feel free to link a video as I am interested to see how "fake" they can become.

4 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

Oh god, at 3:00 in the video. That's why COPPA happened. This video was from 2018.

Anyways, to be on topic, I have not seen those fake Equestria Girls videos. Feel free to link a video as I am interested to see how "fake" they can become.

https://youtu.be/qKHV04Co_g0

Here's one for you. It's at the second place when searched 'Equestria Girls' on Youtube.

1 hour ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

https://youtu.be/qKHV04Co_g0

Here's one for you. It's at the second place when searched 'Equestria Girls' on Youtube.

Thank you so much! (Also for bringing up that TED segment, because that really explained the COPPA decision)

This is so odd, I don't even....? I can see why it is related to that TED segment now. I would never have clicked on this thing to begin with, that's why I haven't found it myself. It must be some kind of Youtube exploit. Maybe for revenue. Maybe for something else. But it seems like it is directed by a human at least. Very odd and somewhat scary! :o

Edited by Super Splashee