Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Pinkie outgrown her cartoonish behavior since Twilight's last coronation?

FirePuppy

Do you think Pinkie Pie has gotten tired of her cartoonish behavior ever since Twilight has become the new ruler of Equestria? To me, it seems like it. And she passed it all on to her foal, Li'l Cheese.

23 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

No way. You can be a responsible adult and still have time for some childish nonsense once in a while

Indeed! Could you imagine Pinkie not being the cheerful party pony she has always been? :ooh: I definitely couldn't! :laugh:

It's a crucial part of her, and by extension, the Elements of Harmony – and likewise for Cheese Sandwich (minus the element part, of course).

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 7

5 hours ago, Will Guide said:

No way. You can be a responsible adult and still have time for some childish nonsense once in a while

4 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

Indeed! Could you imagine Pinkie not being the cheerful party pony she has always been? :ooh: I definitely couldn't! :laugh:

It's a crucial part of her, and by extension, the Elements of Harmony – and likewise for Cheese Sandwich (minus the element part, of course).

Both of these, and to add to both of your points, Pinkie remains that cheerful, altruistic mare we know and love. Yes, she’s a wife and mom now, but it’s clear from the final song and messy hair (which @JingLBabe pointed out) that she’s very preoccupied taking care of and loves playing games with Li’l Cheese.

• Brohoof 2

She may have mellowed out a little, due to age, but in a way, I doubt her hyperactive and cheerful nature would truly have subsided. That's what makes her who she is.

• Brohoof 2

On 12/17/2019 at 2:15 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

Both of these, and to add to both of your points, Pinkie remains that cheerful, altruistic mare we know and love. Yes, she’s a wife and mom now, but it’s clear from the final song and messy hair (which @JingLBabe pointed out) that she’s very preoccupied taking care of and loves playing games with Li’l Cheese.

I do love how Pinkie found her soulmate in Cheese Sandwich. I think out of everypony, her happily ever after may be the very best one.

• Brohoof 2

I presume there are two premises of this presumption. One is that Pinkie's childish behaviors are because of lack of maturity, the other is maturity grows as someone gets older. Which I believe both are false.

But even with or without my presumed premise as the basis, I can't imagine Pinkie changing that much. I could easily picture her doing crazy stuff occadionally as a granny.

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie can save the world, and still being completely insane. That means she can also be a responsible parent, and still be completely insane.

That only applies to Pinkie Pie though! In real life, I wouldn't recommend trying to save the world or be a parent, or both of them (sane or insane).

• Brohoof 1

She'd still do it as the court jester if nothing else. Also, Twilight's receptions for guests from other nations must be legendary.

"Yes, you heard me right, Your Highness. They threw me a 'Welcome to Phase 1 of Trade Negotiations' party. There was a parade. And fireworks. And they knew the favorite cake flavors of both myself, and every member of my entourage... there was a three layer cake for each of us."

• 2 years later...

No I don't think so, I'm sure she's still the hyperactive pony we all know.

Although she has seemed to mature a lot since the earlier seasons.