Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

And I am getting my 10th and final villager tomorrow and it's yet another one I want to get rid of. As it stands, I have 7 I want to keep and 2 I have been ignoring for more than a week but they seem to have no intentions of leaving...

16 minutes ago, Kamii said:

And I am getting my 10th and final villager tomorrow and it's yet another one I want to get rid of. As it stands, I have 7 I want to keep and 2 I have been ignoring for more than a week but they seem to have no intentions of leaving...

I’ve got one I wasn’t crazy about leaving today. After they’re gone, I’ll have 5 I want to keep, 3 to get rid of, and 1 I’m ambivalent about.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Heeheehee!! Nothing more satisfying than cleaning out the Able Sisters’ ENTIRE STOCK every day. XD 

Just be careful not to run out of storage space

11 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

I’ve got one I wasn’t crazy about leaving today. After they’re gone, I’ll have 5 I want to keep, 3 to get rid of, and 1 I’m ambivalent about.

Well I got 10 villagers in my town but honestly I could do without the girls. Perhaps one day I might be able to get them to leave.

Now when it comes to obtaining items for the catalog: my rule of thumb is if it's something that can easily be obtained again from the catalog then I can sell it without worry. This applies to items that can easily be crafted with basic everyday materials like wood and Stone materials, and year-round bamboo.

Fossils are catalog but can't be ordered, yet I always sell already donated fossils. No biggie

But every other rare item like things you only get during the holidays or special wallpaper and carpet, stuff bought with Nook Miles, or one time only rewards from HHA I'm going to do my best to keep those items in storage so I'll always have access to them. I noticed that the seasonal recipes tab they appear to require materials that only appear during part of the year like the Bunny Day stuff, and cherry blossoms. Those crafted items I'm keeping too

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Just be careful not to run out of storage space

I’m not concerned. Most of it I just resell because I don’t intend on actually wearing it. I just want it in my catalog. But I DID keep every color of the magical girl dress. XD

4 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Well I got 10 villagers in my town but honestly I could do without the girls. Perhaps one day I might be able to get them to leave.

Now when it comes to obtaining items for the catalog: my rule of thumb is if it's something that can easily be obtained again from the catalog then I can sell it without worry. This applies to items that can easily be crafted with basic everyday materials like wood and Stone materials, and year-round bamboo.

Fossils are catalog but can't be ordered, yet I always sell already donated fossils. No biggir

But every other rare item like things you only get during the holidays or special wallpaper and carpet, stuff bought with Nook Miles, or one time only rewards from HHA I'm going to do my best to keep those items in storage so I'll always have access to them. I noticed that the seasonal recipes tab they appear to require materials that only appear during part of the year like the Bunny Day stuff, and cherry blossoms

Glad that works out for you.

I would probably follow the same logic, but I can't help but feel like I need to keep all of the items I feel like I may use someday around, even those that can be ordered. My reasoning for that is that the developers for some reason changed the mail to delivery to only once a day, at 5am. That means that everything that you order from the catalog is officially a "wait until tomorrow" thing, which annoys me.

Edited by Envy

2 hours ago, Envy said:

Glad that works out for you.

I would probably follow the same logic, but I can't help but feel like I need to keep all of the items I feel like I may use someday around, even those that can be ordered. My reasoning for that is that the developers for some reason changed the mail to delivery to only once a day, at 5am. That means that everything that you order from the catalog is officially a "wait until tomorrow" thing, which annoys me.

well at least you only have to wait 24 hours to retrieve the item. I don't know what I'd do if I lose access to a once-in-a-lifetime item that you cannot order, craft, or even get from a friend. Not without having to start EVERYTHING from scratch again.

The HHA Rewards are a prime example like the banner and plaque. No matter what, I can't lose those things

I accidentally sold a doghouse that I can't easily buy back but I heard that there is a recipe for crafting one so I don't consider that a once-in-a-lifetime item. And that backyard wall and lawn theme wallpaper and flooring I got from Saharah but accidently sold may pop up again eventually.

On this day, April 11 the cherry blossoms have ended and no more cherry blossom petals are flying through the breeze. Luckily, I managed to craft all the recipes I could get my hands that use those petals.

Tomorrow will be Easter Sunday and I'll be able to get the last of Bunny Day stuff

About how much I still need to pay Tom Nook for the last two rooms I don't have.

Spoiler

It's 3,746,000 bells total.

Back in New Leaf, you had to pay well over 7 million bells to add and expand all rooms. Here, it seems the grand total of all the debts is smaller. But then again the rear, left and right rooms are 6x6 and can't be expanded unlike New Leaf where all rooms can be expanded to 8x8 so it would make sense you'd have to pay less money for the expansion

Frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed the debt was smaller. But to be fair, they probably made the debt total smaller so you can use the extra money to build bridges, inclines, or even move some buildings around

• Brohoof 1

Has anyone played their Nintendo Switch for so long in one sitting that their system overheated and it went into sleep mode to cool off?

This fishing tourney sucks @$$. There’s too many trees and bamboo stalks cluttering the island to find a decent fishing spot AND THE FISH KEEP MOVING, IT’S SO FREAKING IRRITATING!!!! Not only that, but whose idea was it to host a tournament where 50% of what you’ll catch wont count? It’s so ass backwards. 

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

Has anyone played their Nintendo Switch for so long in one sitting that their system overheated and it went into sleep mode to cool off?

Yes, many MANY times. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

On 4/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, Kronos the Revenant said:

526 PER TURNIP!? DAFUQ? I get no higher than 157 per turnip in my island so far. And today they’re worth 67 bells each. The hell?

Allow me to elaborate on your turnip price. You have to keep your turnip prices posted and updated at all times every AM at the opening time and 12PM all time zones. In case if you haven't noticed, the turnip wizard here can help you analyze what turnip prices you're experiencing so far.

Here's how the trend prediction resource(s) work

1. Rollercoaster - The prices can go up or down without any predictability of direction or amount. The prices can range from 30-199 bells

2. Steady Decline - Prices go down throughout the week without a price increase

and 3. Spikes - The prices falls 1-9 bells each time they start to rise. The rise can start as early as Monday AM so watching the prices is even more important at the beginning of each week. Spikes comes with 3 categories,

3a. low spike -  Low spike comes around with 200 bells per turnip and can't go over that range

3b. medium spike - I would say 300-500 bells per turnip

3c. high spike - I would say about over 500.

however once you have a spike, you'll have to sell your turnips at that price. once it changes in the morning or PM, you can't sell at the price again unless you're willing to time travel back, but of course if you have turnips, they will spoil regardless of time traveling forward or back.

Now looking at will guide's turnip price, it was a high spike, but that price depends on if it's a AM or PM price. Spikes can normally happen during steady decline week so what you need to do is keep your turnip prices posted and updated.

Looking at the price you have, something tells me that you were on low spike or rollercoaster. if you're on rollercoaster or steady decline, it would be best to expand your search for the highest turnip price.

I sold my turnips for 591 bells per turnip at another island which I bought 5300 turnips for 103 bells per turnip which I spent a total of 545900 bells on sunday so selling them for 591 bells per turnip at another island would bring me to a total of 3.1m bells for all 5300 turnips so for my cornering the stalk market nook miles progress, it puts me at a total of 3.7m bells.

Anyway here's my turnip prices for the week

Monday - 91 (AM) 87 (PM)
Tuesday - 82 (AM) 77 (PM)
Wednesday - 74 (AM) 69 (PM)
Thursday - 65 (AM) 61 (PM) 
Friday - 56 (AM) N/A (PM)
Saturday - 48 (AM) 43 (PM)
Sunday (Buying) - 103

As I said if you guys are doing the stalk market, you wanna keep your prices posted and updated as you can so we can help each other out. Turnip prices can change every day in the morning (AM) at the opening time and PM till closing time (all time zones)

Edited by KirbyFluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

I thought that outfit you were wearing looked a little familiar. I suppose it's from a pro design I take it?

Who me? Nope! That’s from the Able Sisters shop!

3689E5EC-8F4F-4FE9-AADF-3C946B4058FD.thumb.jpeg.46ddd9a042f6d8221c9873d097280bad.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Allow me to elaborate on your turnip price. You have to keep your turnip prices posted and updated at all times every AM at the opening time and 12PM all time zones. In case if you haven't noticed, the turnip wizard here can help you analyze what turnip prices you're experiencing so far.

Here's how the trend prediction resource(s) work

1. Rollercoaster - The prices can go up or down without any predictability of direction or amount. The prices can range from 30-199 bells

2. Steady Decline - Prices go down throughout the week without a price increase

and 3. Spikes - The prices falls 1-9 bells each time they start to rise. The rise can start as early as Monday AM so watching the prices is even more important at the beginning of each week. Spikes comes with 3 categories,

3a. low spike -  Low spike comes around with 200 bells per turnip and can't go over that range

3b. medium spike - I would say 300-500 bells per turnip

3c. high spike - I would say about over 500.

however once you have a spike, you'll have to sell your turnips at that price. once it changes in the morning or PM, you can't sell at the price again unless you're willing to time travel back, but of course if you have turnips, they will spoil regardless of time traveling forward or back.

Now looking at will guide's turnip price, it was a high spike, but that price depends on if it's a AM or PM price. Spikes can normally happen during steady decline week so what you need to do is keep your turnip prices posted and updated.

Looking at the price you have, something tells me that you were on low spike or rollercoaster. if you're on rollercoaster or steady decline, it would be best to expand your search for the highest turnip price.

I sold my turnips for 591 bells per turnip at another island which I bought 5300 turnips for 103 bells per turnip which I spent a total of 545900 bells on sunday so selling them for 591 bells per turnip at another island would bring me to a total of 3.1m bells for all 5300 turnips so for my cornering the stalk market nook miles progress, it puts me at a total of 3.7m bells.

Anyway here's my turnip prices for the week

Monday - 91 (AM) 87 (PM)
Tuesday - 82 (AM) 77 (PM)
Wednesday - 74 (AM) 69 (PM)
Thursday - 65 (AM) 61 (PM) 
Friday - 56 (AM) N/A (PM)
Saturday - 48 (AM) 43 (PM)
Sunday (Buying) - 103

As I said if you guys are doing the stalk market, you wanna keep your prices posted and updated as you can so we can help each other out. Turnip prices can change every day in the morning (AM) at the opening time and PM till closing time (all time zones)

That's right @KirbyFluttershy.

@Kronos the Revenant

On 4/9/2020 at 12:28 PM, Kronos the Revenant said:

526 PER TURNIP!? DAFUQ? I get no higher than 157 per turnip in my island so far. And today they’re worth 67 bells each. The hell?

You need to read this page.

https://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market

it's just simply a case that you'vr been getting the decreasing pattern but don't worry. Keep at it and some weeks you'll get a big Spike.

If the price is at least 250, you should sell them unless you already suspect you might have the Big Spike Pattern and be willing to risk for the price to potentially increase to well over 500

You know what they say, no risk no reward

250 bells per turnip seems a good price, but if you want to make more money and profit, then you need to expand your search elsewhere and ask if they're willing to time travel back. You have until 12PM (all time zones) to sell all of your turnips or closing time if the PM price is high on that day. The turnip prices that I posted every day and week is what I showed everybody here. The slight catch about selling your turnips at another island is that the person with the highest turnip price must be active enough to reply back to you with the dodo code and see if you're able to sell your turnips at that person's island and another thing is that they have to be active in-game too since sleep mode kicks everybody out of the island.

a word of advice is that if you have the highest selling turnip price during the week, you don't wanna post your dodo code in public (and social media) otherwise we will have a hard time coming in and sell our turnips at your island unless you're willing to time travel back. Last time I tried to sell my turnips at another island and was packed full due to dodo code being posted on a public and/or social media (such as twitter for example). Keep the dodo codes in private if you're doing the stalk market.

Happy Easter Everyone! Or should I say Happy Bunny Day everyone!

Because I've been egg collecting and crafting all the Egg based recipes for Bunny Day Items throughout the past 2 weeks, I didn't have to do much more egg hunting and crafting for the last few items. It was simple.

Word of warning. Make two of those Wobbling Bunny Toys. One for yourself and the other to potentially make the Bunny Day Wand. 

Making one of the Wobbling Bunny Toys is enough to make Zipper feel most satsified, even if you don't necessarily have star fragments to make the Wand

FB_IMG_1586707168749.thumb.jpg.84c1f94a0d7eb066e18ffa06c345dbf9.jpg

FB_IMG_1586707188630.thumb.jpg.f0f7d59bbdbcf5b0d003cb338131d500.jpg

FB_IMG_1586707201011.thumb.jpg.9f4538a4fe74e00662672a5e77faf962.jpg

FB_IMG_1586707209486.thumb.jpg.7990b2c0b1304c81cfba503ba0ff39a2.jpg

FB_IMG_1586708050824.thumb.jpg.415a42ab545e90d09d72739f4e0f10bc.jpg

And once the day is over, I'll store all the items and sells all the extra eggs I got.

I don't get why ppl ask for a high turnip selling price early in advance, but there's no promises and guarantees on a high turnip price based on the luck and what the prices you have so far. As of right now, I spent a total of 1.5m bells for a total 17200 turnips to fill up my whole house and yeah, It's crazy since we can't store turnips inside the storage so we have to do this in a city folk way which is emptying out your whole house except tables or anything that can be placed on top, and wall-mounted items and hopefully I can hit big on the stalk market at this time. I did spend 930 bells for a spare 10 turnips to get ants so all that's left is play the waiting game.

I don't get why it takes so long to get a shop upgrade these days since I spent over 685k bells over furnitures, wallpapers, carpets, 38-40 or more flimsy axes to break, and whole a lot of custom kits.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it’s been an active nearly-two-weeks of Eggs showing up all over Hylia, but it’s over now. No more eggs when I try to catch fish, chop wood, or dig up fossils

And more importantly,

NO MORE WABBITS

Edited by Eren Jaeger

22 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

a word of advice is that if you have the highest selling turnip price during the week, you don't wanna post your dodo code in public (and social media) otherwise we will have a hard time coming in and sell our turnips at your island unless you're willing to time travel back. Last time I tried to sell my turnips at another island and was packed full due to dodo code being posted on a public and/or social media (such as twitter for example). Keep the dodo codes in private if you're doing the stalk market.

Use Turnip Exchange, a site that creates a queue and let's so many visitors into your island at a time, ie 4 at time. All you do is add your dodo code & enjoy the tips/donations visitors give. 😉 

You can also search for Islands that have a high price for turnips too. 

Edited by Harii Moxxiie

8 hours ago, Eren Jaeger said:

Well, it’s been an active nearly-two-weeks of Eggs showing up all over Hylia, but it’s over now. No more eggs when I try to catch fish, chop wood, or dig up fossils

And more importantly,

NO MORE WABBITS

I know a lot of people hated how eggs have been annoyingly popping up everywhere for almost a fortnight, but I did enjoyed making all the stuff. Plus, I had 615 eggs in excess. It made me 123,000 bells. A nice amount for paying off a percentage of my debt.

FB_IMG_1586794741416.thumb.jpg.8a2f2bb1c749ed7c45b45c8ac8e15f85.jpg

Guess even when everyone else hates something like the Disney Live Action Remakes, The Star Wars Prequel and Sequel Trilogies, or even Bunny Day in this case, I'm the kind of guy who sees a positive to what's otherwise hated or used as complain fuel.

FB_IMG_1586795029969.thumb.jpg.9f536434c425008111263a8f5dde6696.jpg

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Harii Moxxiie said:

Use Turnip Exchange, a site that creates a queue and let's so many visitors into your island at a time, ie 4 at time. All you do is add your dodo code & enjoy the tips/donations visitors give. 😉 

You can also search for Islands that have a high price for turnips too. 

You can't expect to have other people coming in to sell their turnips if you have friends and other people you know coming in and have high prices as they tend to keep the island full and it keeps other people out. I keep my high turnip price search limit up to 1-3 other places. If friends, then we normally notify each other, but I don't time travel back.