Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Animal Crossing New Horizons (May contain unmarked spoilers)

Will Guide

On 1/31/2020 at 1:49 AM, Will Guide said:

This topic may contains spoilers to the new game. Please use discretion

Now it's the new game from Animal Crossing series has arrived. Perhaps some of you people can discuss what your island is like once it's finished. Go ahead don't be shy.

Update 3/21/20: 

New stuff I discovered in the game that could never be done in earlier games (never play Pocket camp so I might be mistaken) is inside this box. I covered them to prevent people from casually being spoiled

Any further new discoveries that I believe are new to New Horizons shall be spoiled covered so that readers who want to discover for themselves

As a courtesy to people, please use the spoiler button (the eye icon) from the editing tools

Hey I have this animal crossing game two things if u don't mind number 1 is Isabelle in it and number 2 how do u make a tool with inf durability if possible please and thank u 

1 hour ago, Rainbowdash69 said:

Hey I have this animal crossing game two things if u don't mind number 1 is Isabelle in it and number 2 how do u make a tool with inf durability if possible please and thank 

1) She is, but you need to progress in the game to the point where there's a services center instead of a central tent in order for her to enter the game.  I forget how to do that; shouldn't be too hard to google it though.

2) Nintendo didn't add any infinte-durability shovels, nets, fishing poles, slingshots, axes, or watering cans.  The recipes for those that use iron nuggets last longer than the ones that just use wood/branches, and the ones that use gold nuggets last even longer, but those won't last forever, either.  The vaulting pole and ladder have infinite durability though.

Everyone else:  the meteors are over for tonight, so I've closed the gate...still haven't gotten back to sleep per se.  I hope I can sleep at this point, though!

If anyone want to visit a dream version of my Island, Willthrive, the Dream Address is:

2613-5535-7171.

Warning, I plan to update the dream tommorow (since there was a tree stump I forgot to remove). When that happens, I shall edit this post to reflect the new dream state

@HereComesTom

First of all, I got the star fragments I wanted. Thank you for allowing me to come to your Island to wish.

Secondly, how exactly did you get that the meteor shower data for your Island?

7 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Secondly, how exactly did you get that the meteor shower data for your Island?

It wasn't easy:  there's a web page called MeteoNook that lets you enter your island's weather and/or meteor information, and once you've entered enough information, MeteoNook can figure out your islands randomization seed number. 

The seed number is a kind of a number that, in the game's code, gets fed into a random number generation algorithm to get the algorithm started.  Different islands have different seed numbers.  Once MeteoNook knows your island's seed number, it can predict what weather and meteors your island will have.

There's meteors again tonight and tomorrow night, so I'm opening my island again with the same plan as before; the dodo code is JVC5L.

And tonight, Celeste is on my island!  There'll be few meteors, though.

The dodo code is 3PH5J

The few meteors that will appear will be at (all times are USA Eastern Daylight Savings time):

8:17pm, 8:52pm, 8:53pm

9:46pm, 9:52pm

10:00pm, 10:07pm, 10:23pm, 10:37pm

11:10pm, 11:23pm, 11:37pm

12:00am, 12:15am, 12:27am, 12:38am, 12:54am

1:44am, 1:52am

2:07am, 2:11am, 2:31am, 2:34am, 2:47am

3:07am, 3:16am, 3:43am

5 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

And tonight, Celeste is on my island!  There'll be few meteors, though.

The dodo code is 3PH5J

The few meteors that will appear will be at (all times are USA Eastern Daylight Savings time):

8:17pm, 8:52pm, 8:53pm

9:46pm, 9:52pm

10:00pm, 10:07pm, 10:23pm, 10:37pm

11:10pm, 11:23pm, 11:37pm

12:00am, 12:15am, 12:27am, 12:38am, 12:54am

1:44am, 1:52am

2:07am, 2:11am, 2:31am, 2:34am, 2:47am

3:07am, 3:16am, 3:43am

The Code didn't work and I was attempting to visit for Celeste at 1:25 am your time/ 10:25 my time

1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

Shoot---I can't remember if I decided "No one's coming; I should just log off" or not.  Sorry about that :/

You're forgiven.

• Brohoof 1

Pictures from my birthday. 

I had to take the picture off my Switch in handheld mode via my phone

IMG_20200802_084129.thumb.jpg.29e202915b416870e5ac673dd6482e86.jpg

Kidd the purple goat brought me to his house to celebrate my birthday with Leo the Lion and Poncho the Bear!

IMG_20200802_084146.thumb.jpg.05c89cb850e15313ddb423a1d653dbed.jpg

I'm dancing for joy for my birthday cake.

IMG_20200802_084112.thumb.jpg.8185541b46f49a12bfe0f184291b84f6.jpg

Leo back there says the same exact thing due to having the same Jock personality as Poncho. At some point in the past, I convinced one of the characters to call me, "My God" and then a few other characters came up to me asking if they can call me the same thing. 

And what a coincidence, the three animal neighbors in attendance to my birthday are all those who decided to call me "My God". Considering all the effort I put in through to make the island their home, I guess I could be seen as some powerful creator!

IMG_20200802_084929.thumb.jpg.0a6b67df59e45a6e3d290a9042704eb8.jpg

Plus, hitting a pinata is something new that hasn't been done in previous AC games.

• Brohoof 1

Well the birthday happened to my friend during the bug-off and me and my friend that was on my island had to wait for her since it was her bday so we had to do some rounds during that bug-off.

Anyway you guys may wanna be careful with those hacked trees. there's a probability of getting yourself banned for having them. I just looked at one of the videos about that and there was another video that prevents you from being banned.

also you guys can share your dream address here as long as you have luna's bed placed since there's no dream suite so luna's bed will be like your dream suite in your own house as long as you have space in that particular room you want the bed in. I don't think there's a way to re-obtain one since it can't be ordered from the catalog regardless if it's gone missing or accidentally sold it unless they make it available to order from the catalog.

4 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

hacked trees. there's a probability of getting yourself banned for having them. I just looked at one of the videos about that and there was another video that prevents you from being banned.

Hacked trees? What are you talkin about?

4 hours ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

. I don't think there's a way to re-obtain one since it can't be ordered from the catalog regardless if it's gone missing or accidentally sold it unless they make it available to order from the catalog.

No the catalog says "not for sale" on Luna's Bed so if you sell it you can't get another one on the same file.

Actually you can sleep in any bad to enter the dream world. Not just Luna's bed. And there's only one dream address per Island when you update it in the dream world the address doesn't change but the information does get updated

• Brohoof 1

Well you know one of those trees with star fragments and other stuff besides fruits and money? well just to give out more information, i did see a video on it specifically on abdallah's videos about those hacked trees which it will make ppl get banned for having them. One of those videos shows how he got banned for cheating / hacking and the other video shows how to prevent from being banned.

• Brohoof 1

I checked out the fireworks.

I even managed to have it so that my cutie mark design would be blasted to the sky

5928c7bd98263_MLPForumsAvatar.jpg.b9d7fae86575a5762c8edc6082f7f67f.jpg

IMG_20200802_210610.thumb.jpg.9da1e557327c688101241fbd3b5b7182.jpg

IMG_20200802_204942.thumb.jpg.a4c9061da88fe10bea4971767fc69a5b.jpg

See the evolution?

3 minutes ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Well you know one of those trees with star fragments and other stuff besides fruits and money? well just to give out more information, i did see a video on it specifically on abdallah's videos about those hacked trees which it will make ppl get banned for having them. One of those videos shows how he got banned for cheating / hacking and the other video shows how to prevent from being banned.

Well I never heard of star fragments coming out of non-fruit trees. the only thing that ever comes out of trees are wasp nests, money and every day it's two random Furniture items

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Will Guide said:

I finally saw another scorpion after so many months and successfully caught it

I was farming them for a while; its pretty profitable but also pretty boring :)

Late on a night after most of the day insects have gone, if you clear everything from a nook-ticket island (all rocks, all trees and their stumps, pluck every flower) it pretty much has to generate scorpions more often (also ground beatles, but you can get them to jump away if you run past them)

• Brohoof 1

It’s a bit odd that something like that is considered cheating because there was plenty of cheating and hacks in the older games too but it usually isn’t a big deal. Maybe that’s just how I see it, though. I guess online stuff is always gonna be tricky

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

IMG_20200803_070849.thumb.jpg.6980c6339dc24a4d6c13dc3413b261ef.jpg

How can K.K. be here on a Monday?! He's already visited town two days ago on Saturday, while yesterday was the Fireworks!

Now while I heard this is part of a glitch that could easily be fixed

Sleep mode day change bug
By leaving the game in sleep mode while the ingame day changes, i.e. passes 5AM, the game can sometimes forget to clean up data from the previous day. This can result in, for example, having a green bench or extra chairs to the left of the chairs that appear when K.K. Slider visits. Reloading the map, by entering and exiting a building for example, fixes the bug. [1]

But even when I went in and out of the building, Slider's still here. I suspect the data that says "today K.K. visits" is still lingering. Well, As long as it doesn't ruin months of my hard work, especially since I legally enable the Island to be backed up whenever I stop playing due to a new setting with Tom Nook in the Title Screen settings

EDIT: K.K. came because he wanted to sing his version of the birthday song while birthdays greetings from NPCs floated about

Usually K.K. slider suppose to visit you on your bday, but if there are any events on that day, then it has to wait till next day or 2 for K.K. slider to show up on bdays. I'm not 100% sure if it's after or before the bday. To me, i didn't get my K.K. bday because the game was released 3 days before my bday so it's not possible for me to get my island to a 3-star rating in 3 days and I don't do time travel. Same with the bday celebration as well.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, KirbyFluttershy said:

Usually K.K. slider suppose to visit you on your bday, but if there are any events on that day, then it has to wait till next day or 2 for K.K. slider to show up on bdays. I'm not 100% sure if it's after or before the bday. To me, i didn't get my K.K. bday because the game was released 3 days before my bday so it's not possible for me to get my island to a 3-star rating in 3 days and I don't do time travel. Same with the bday celebration as well.

Well in my case it's AFTER my b-day due to the fact that the fireworks festival falling on the same day.

And I figure that out for myself hence why I had to edit my post and say "never mind"

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully I can get him on MY birthday but I’m not sure if I’ll have access to the Switch by then or not. I think maybe I will, but I’d have to find time to play it as well. That would be cool if he showed up, especially because I had to put a creepy “raccoon statue” outside just for him :fiery:

Okay......I've been playing this game for a good few months and have yet to encounter a single pitfall. Am i just extraordinarily luck or something?

38 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Okay......I've been playing this game for a good few months and have yet to encounter a single pitfall. Am i just extraordinarily luck or something?

If you're talking about pit falls in the ground they no longer exist anymore. Like the Gyroids, they were cut out compared to earlier AC games. The only thing that comes out of the ground naturally everyday are fossils. you could bury your own little treasure for your friends to find when they come you but only if you want to do a treasure hunt.

But When it comes to what appears naturally in the ground every day, it's just fossils