Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @Ragland Tiger

"Heck I could've even gone Stardust or even Galaxy-Eyes Photon and it still would've worked, and I've got great hearing range...almost...too great." Thundy said with a chuckle. Chelsea dismounted Thundy and her armor returned to that of the regular Dark Magician Girl. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @C. Thunder Dash

"It would be pretty interesting to see Dark Magician Girl fused with Galaxy-Eyes. It sounds like a knight dedicated to protecting the entire galaxy." He chuckled, before nodding at the mention of Thundy's great hearing. "Are you talking about regularly, or when you're in that form? I'd probably go with latter as the Blue-Eyes White Dragon is a giant dragon. So, it's good hearing must speak for itself." He'd say, before seeing Chelsea dismount Blue-Eyes as her armor disappeared. Effectively turning her back into the regular form of the Dark Magician Girl. "That's still pretty cool. I didn't know that Chelsea could do power binding too. I guess I should've known as it seems the two of you have learned from one another. Although, wouldn't you need a de-fusion card in order to change back, or does the whole fusion thing not apply when wanting to change back?"

• Brohoof 2

"Well, since Dark Magician Girl The Dragon Knight is made up of two seperate monsters that don't really join together, it really just involves dismounting, which acts as the de-fusion." Chelsea explained as she picked up the blank Dark Magician Girl card. Thundy flew back into the blank Blue-Eyes White Dragon card, and the two returned to their normal states. Thundy decided to returned back to his base form. 

• Brohoof 2

As the two griffons turned back into their normal states, Dynamo tilted his head to the side upon hearing Chelsea's explanation. "Huh. It seems much more simpler than when it comes to using the de-fusion card. Although, I've seen how you both caused the de-fusion when it comes to the anime. So, I guess it can be interpreted in different ways." He shrugged his shoulders as he truly couldn't make heads or tails on the subject. "Even so, it was still a pretty cool demonstration to watch. Thanks for showing that to Bluebell and I." He responded with a smile.

• Brohoof 2

"You're welcome." Thundy stated. "But say, even though we missed the kart race, we do have quite the kart design...would you like to see?" Thundy asked as he thought of that epic lightning designed 2JZ powered kart Thundy had made long ago. 

• Brohoof 1

Thundy gathered some electricity and made a ball of energy appear. He pulled a quick convert to turn it into a fireball. He slowly morphed the fireball into the chassis of the kart. Chelsea gathered some water energy and let out a flow of energy, painting the chassis in a gold/aqua blue mix. Thundy then gathered more electricity and let out a pulse. An epic lightning bolt body-designed frame appeared over the chassis with a front seat and a platform in the back for someone to stand on, like in Mario Kart Double Dash. A 2JZ engine forged by Thundy emerged from a fireball and went into the engine bay of the kart. Finally, Thundy and Chelsea combined their abilities and draped the kart in an insane lightning dragon/water dragon vinyl wrap. Thundy flew into the driver's seat while Chelsea mounted the platform, holding on to the bars. The 2JZ started aggressively, the twin exhaust popping loudly from the backfire.

"Well here it is." Thundy stated. 

• Brohoof 1

Dynamo watched as Thundy had gathered up some electricity until it formed into a converted fireball. All the while Chelsea had used some water energy to help alongside the electricity and fire. To Dynamo, it was like he was watching a kart being forged into a sort of demonstration. He had to admit that it was rather interesting to see a kart being made this way. He had seen others form karts during the kart race, but never in this way. Once the kart was finished, the design looked to be in the form of a water/dragon. All the while, the design was made to fit a driver in the front, as well as a driver on the back of the vehicle. "Oh, wow. Now this is a cool kart if I've ever seen one." He whistled at the sleek design and color palette. His jaw dropped as he saw Thundy fly into the driver's seat, while Chelsea had mounted the platform as she held onto the bars. "Hey. That's the same kind of kart that Pastel and I used when it came to the kart races. The only difference was that we went with a standard kart from Mario Kart Double Dash. Since she couldn't drive, Pastel helped by throwing items from boxes and with help by my magic. Thankfully, there was a passenger seat in case things got crazy in the race." He explained as it seemed Thundy and Chelsea had the same idea in regards to kart design.

• Brohoof 2

“I see, this kart has an engine with the power equivalent of 1200 horses, so it can go really fast. Chelsea knows how to hold on and even helps with getting the rear of the kart down when I pull high speed drifts.” Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 2

"Huh. Twelve hundred horse power you say? Now that's what I call a lot of galloping." Dynamo responded, giving a wink as he couldn't help in chuckling. "I-I'm sorry! I'm just kidding!" He chortled as he tried to get his short burst of laughter under control. With a sigh, he managed to contain his laughter. "I know you meant with the engine since it's the same in certain terms of racing games. Unless it's some racing games that allow your vehicle to break the sound barrier, or something equivalent to that. That, and I'm a fan of puns. So, not sure if that's a good or bad thing in regards to calling out a pun." He chuckled with a sheepish smile. "If what you said is true, then you'd have to get the vehicle inspected if there's ever another kart race. Nothing against the kart you both made as it's pretty cool. The only thing is that they give everyone the supplies necessary to build our karts. I guess it's their way of wanting things to be fair, or something along those lines. I'm not entirely sure as this kart looks really well designed." He would say, shrugging his shoulders as he wasn't entirely sure.

• Brohoof 2

Dynamo blinked as he was confused by Chelsea's remark on the unique kart building. He soon realized what the duo griffons had meant, before giving the two a look of understanding. "Oh, no. I think you misunderstood, or I mixed up what I was saying. When it came to making unique karts, then we had free roam over that. It's like I had mentioned before that Pastel and I had build a kart that was meant to look like one of the karts from Mareio Kart: Double Dash. I remember Samurai had build a kart that looked remotely close or was an exact replica of the Mach 5. What I meant to say was that if we had to build with the supplies they gave us, then we'd all have to have the same kind of engine. Based on what Thundy was saying, then I don't think the kart you had would have passed inspection before the race. I'm sorry about any sort of confusion, you guys." He says, giving the others an apologetic expression.

• Brohoof 1

"Jeez, but building your own engine is a whole lotta fun. You get to choose your parts, from block size to calibration to extra mods such as cold air intake, whether the engine is naturally aspirated or turbo, whether your car is front-wheel, rear-wheel or all wheel drive. you could even customize the drivetrain, from the flywheel, the limited slip differential, the clutch and the transmission. I personally prefer sequential transmissions, which is what this build has. The gear shifts are really fast. This sweet ride also has adaptable suspension. This way, before a race, I could adjust the ride height, springs and shock absorbers for the most comfortable ride, especially when we're going offroad." Thundy stated. "That's the car nerd Thundy for ya..." Chelsea commented. 

• Brohoof 2

@Samurai Equine

“You think? You're very scary for a moment before Shadow spoke up” Sundae deadpanned, approaching Trilby. She look at his body, examining him, “You haven't indigested something odd, have you?”

Shadow glanced at her “No, he hadn't. It's like he just snapped out of nowhere”

• Brohoof 2

As he listened to Thundy's explanation, Dynamo blinked as he tiled his head in confusion. He didn't really understand all that well as if the griffon was speaking a different language. "Huh. I guess you were sort of a fan of these vehicles back from where you're from. I know some video games follow in the way that you described. Considering that some options when it came to racing allowed what you might have mentioned. I think it's a bit different when it comes to derby races. AT least, from the race we had in town during that one day. Just a simple array of parts that allowed us to put our karts together. Some went above and beyond in regards to making certain things happen on said vehicle. At least from what I remember, but that's still pretty cool." He would say, unsure of how to respond to the griffons. He wasn't much of a car/vehicle pony so he felt kind of lost or unsure of how to proceed. 

• Brohoof 2

"Well back where I'm from, I street race and man it's so much fun. I also get my knowledge from video games and car programs I watch on tv or other media platforms." Thundy stated. "But seriously, this kart here, could dominate the competition. The biggest downside though is the power to traction. I have to turn my traction control system up a little when I'm racing offroad because there will be a ton of wheelspin if I don't." Thundy explained. 

• Brohoof 2

@SolidFire7

As he patrolled the city, Kronos’ sensors detected an anomaly. 

Unknown presence detected.

Kronos immediately went to investigate. 

Upon reaching where his sensors told him, he saw what looked to be a changeling performing some sort of swordplay. 

A performance of some sort? his voices asked.

Perhaps, Kronos replied. He then turned his attention to the changeling. 

“You there,” he called out to the changeling, “How did you get in? Identify yourself.”

He kept his sword at the ready, cautious about his approach. 

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Sundae will find there is nothing on his body out of order. Unless she just enjoys looking at stallion flanks, in which case Shadow should start being protective of her coltfriend~ Trilby stands up, shaking his head and rubbing his temple. "No, it wasn't something I ate. But I think maybe I should call off the jazz club tonight. Sorry, Shadow. Maybe some other night, when it can just be us. If you want, I can walk you back to your place." Trilby offers, turning to face her.

@Kronos the Revenant. @SolidFire7

Young Final had been spending the day with Kronos, getting to know him, his alter egos, and the rest of the town.
But something caught Kronos attention, so Final runs after him. "What's up, Mr. Prince Kronos? Something important?"

Naturally, Kronos is too focused to answer him, but it's fine. When Final catches up, he sees what caught Kronos' attention in the first place. A new arrival has come to Friendshire!
"Oooh... A sword dancer? I don't think I've heard this kind of music before..."

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

Pencil, after making very precarious lists relating to placement, appeal, and angles, she finally found a nice spot for Atout’s painting on the right side of the walls. It was carefully hung in the middle in the second hallway. The space brought attention to the piece while also giving the painting a chance to draw in curious eyes. Pencil clapped her hooves and dawned a prideful grin, pleased with her work so far. Later, she thought, she would need to ask Atout for more paintings to grace the halls with.

Nopony else has responded to the flyers in a while. I guess while I wait, I can work on...my commission, she thought begrudgingly as she returned to her office.

She had procrastinated on the commission for a few days and was beginning to regret it. She didn’t want to give her client the impression that she was giving up, despite how relieving the thought actually sounded. It was just that with the increasing difficulty of the prompt, the project was becoming easier to ignore. Pencil had to keep reminding herself to continue to look for inspiration, no matter how many times her ideas were shot down.

I haven’t tried anything super abstract yet, she thought, stroking her chin. I could do that, and give it a theme, too! Ooh, I could make this into a big art project!

As her mind started racing, Pencil excitedly grasped at all the pencils and pens she could find and began doodling on a set of post-it notes she found. Her plan was to create something inspirational on a giant canvas, but she had to plan what would go on the canvas, first. She rapidly sketched anything and everything she could think of; a sleek go-kart, a concert dress, a pendant, the list went on. Many of the items were directly from the events from Friendshire, per the client’s request.

Pencil had a feeling about this project. This was going to be the piece that would finally earn her the bits she worked so hard to obtain, and potentially a reoccurring client if things went well enough. If not, then she wasn’t exactly sure what she would do from there.

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Trilby waves goodbye to Sundae and goes off with Shadow for now. He doesn't know where Sundae is going, but if she showed interest in the jazz club, then he's just going to assume that's where she's going after all.

He waits until they are far enough apart from her. "Sorry if this isn't the ending you wanted, Shadow. I know I hyped up that jazz club. I don't really feel that bad, it's just..." Trilby looks at Shadow with a kind smile. "I was planning on singing a song to you while we were there at the club. I'm not the best singer. I'm more of an old soul. But I wanted it to be special, something for your ears only. If somepony else was there, like Sundae, it just wouldn't be the same." Trilby explains.

Edited by Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

31 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

He waits until they are far enough apart from her. "Sorry if this isn't the ending you wanted, Shadow. I know I hyped up that jazz club. I don't really feel that bad, it's just..." Trilby looks at Shadow with a kind smile. "I was planning on singing a song to you while we were there at the club. I'm not the best singer. I'm more of an old soul. But I wanted it to be special, something for your ears only. If somepony else was there, like Sundae, it just wouldn't be the same." Trilby explains.

Shadow smiled, moves closer to him, and hugged, “Don't say that, Trilby. For me whatever the scenario, it would be always the same”

1 hour ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

@SolidFire7

As he patrolled the city, Kronos’ sensors detected an anomaly. 

Unknown presence detected.

Kronos immediately went to investigate. 

Upon reaching where his sensors told him, he saw what looked to be a changeling performing some sort of swordplay. 

A performance of some sort? his voices asked.

Perhaps, Kronos replied. He then turned his attention to the changeling. 

“You there,” he called out to the changeling, “How did you get in? Identify yourself.”

He kept his sword at the ready, cautious about his approach. 

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

@Windy Breeze

Sundae will find there is nothing on his body out of order. Unless she just enjoys looking at stallion flanks, in which case Shadow should start being protective of her coltfriend~ Trilby stands up, shaking his head and rubbing his temple. "No, it wasn't something I ate. But I think maybe I should call off the jazz club tonight. Sorry, Shadow. Maybe some other night, when it can just be us. If you want, I can walk you back to your place." Trilby offers, turning to face her.

@Kronos the Revenant. @SolidFire7

Young Final had been spending the day with Kronos, getting to know him, his alter egos, and the rest of the town.
But something caught Kronos attention, so Final runs after him. "What's up, Mr. Prince Kronos? Something important?"

Naturally, Kronos is too focused to answer him, but it's fine. When Final catches up, he sees what caught Kronos' attention in the first place. A new arrival has come to Friendshire!
"Oooh... A sword dancer? I don't think I've heard this kind of music before..."

Too caught up in the dance, he began to dance more aggressively to the brutal EDM metal-type music, setting up the headphone on a tree at full volume.

Kicking up dust, he throws in some marital arts moves and catches some air with his wings, landing with a THUMP as the final drop... dropped.

Slightly panting, he finally catches sight of strangers watching his dance.

Blushing, he sheathes his sword, stops the next song, and replaces his earphones on his neck.

"Sorry about that... Where am I?"

• Brohoof 2

@Windy Breeze

Trilby happily hugs back. "Thank you for saying that, Shadow. I promise, we'll try again some other time."

They continue to walk until they arrive at Shadow's apartment. He walks her up to the door. "Well, I guess this is it. But beside the club, the rest of the date was nice, right? I had a great time with you." Trilby says, gazing at Shadow and hoping she feels the same.

@ExplosionMare

What Pencil doesn't know is that Elusive Fact's report had played on television and radio moments ago. She might not have heard it because she was too busy tending to things at the museum, but other ponies did. And soon, ponies were starting to come in! There was a line of potential artists, wanting to be seen and heard, hoping the new curator will pick them! In fact, one of Pencil's staff members has to tell her about the long line forming.

@SolidFire7, @Kronos the Revenant

Final steps up first and waves. He's a young unicorn child in a waistcoat. "Hi! I'm not going to be here long, but I learned this place is called Friendshire. It's kind of a nowhere town, if I understand things correctly. My name is Final Premonition, but don't be surprised if anyone calls me Finn. I liked your dance, Mister... Uhh?" Final asks, searching for his name.

• Brohoof 2