Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Samurai Equine

Thundy's music plus the sounds of the kart's engine could help Final find Thundy, Dynamo and Bluebelle. They had not left yet, so if Final found them, Thundy could add a mod to the kart accommodating Final. 

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @GeneralDirection

Phoenix Fire politely declines, wanting somewhere to store his things and sleep tonight.

Going to a home near the edge, he looks it over.

"Looks to be reasonably solid... At least on the outside."

Going inside and being satisfied, he stores his stuff in a room, places a lock on the house that only his DNA and magic energy while muttering some secret words simultaneously could unlock, and heads to the town's center in order to get some supplies and help to fix it up.

Edited by SolidFire7
  • Brohoof 3

@C. Thunder Dash, @Dynamo Pad, @Ragland Tiger

Final looks around, and listens closely. He almost missed it, but he soon hears the music and the engine sounds. "Hey, maybe that's them!" He runs to the source, but trips and falls over a random twig on the ground that he didn't see sooner. When he does, his pocket watch falls out of his waistcoat.

"Ugh... Huh?" He picks himself up and reaches for his pocket watch, only to find something he hadn't noticed before. "No way! They're not going to believe this~!" Putting the watch back in his waistcoat, Final runs over and waves them all down.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Samurai Equine

Thundy's ears perked straight up. He turned and saw a colt running towards them. He remembered that it was the colt from breakfast. "Oh! It's you! How was your time with Kronos?" Thundy asked looking at Finn. 

• Brohoof 3

@Samurai Equine @C. Thunder Dash

Pencil was glad that the line was now short enough to where hardly any ponies were standing outside. Pretty soon, it would be time for her to review everything. Although she didn’t find a staff member wandering outside, she figured she could mention Chelsea’s request on the approval forms. Not wanting to wait much longer to get things started, she squeezed inside the office door and began her work.

Most works of art were very satisfactory, but some Pencil didn’t understand. The staff had picked out a few odd pieces, such as a canvas with splotches everywhere and a painting that was just a straight line. Pencil was all for symbolism and abstract-ness, but she just wasn’t seeing it here. Shaking her head, she crossed the designated names off the list and set the disapproved works over in a corner to return later. In her view, art had to look as if it took some real skill. Anypony could throw paint on a canvas and attach a story to it, but the real artists could take what they had and give it life.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea saw some of the art that the others contributed. "I remember Thundy telling me about abstract art and a concept known as surrealism. These types of art are heavily experimental and are "left for the viewer to interpret"." Chelsea said making the quote signs with her talons.

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

“That they are indeed,” Pencil replied with a nod. She smirked at Chelsea’s air quotes. “There’s definitely some good, simplistic art out there with meaning, but slapping some random paint on a canvas isn’t what I would call ‘symbolic’. A pony earlier came in with some abstract art that looked weird at first, but if you looked at it close enough, it looked like an entire forest. That’s the kind of abstract I like to support,”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"Oh yes, it's like some music out there. Thundy could tell you all about that. He's heard some music that doesn't even go along with the title. He's quite the music critic, since he's classically trained, so he tells the absolute truth...even if it stings. Sadly, a lot of the modern artists don't really care for learning the skills essential to creating music, they'd just rather go by what "sounds good to them", kinda like some of those visual artists, going by "what looks good to them"..." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 2

@C. Thunder Dash

“There isn’t a whole lot of ‘modern’ music that gets played in Sire’s Hollow, but some of the songs I’ve heard are just awful!” Pencil exclaimed. “My friends back home have helped me find good modern music, but that seems to be few and far between. Even though some Sire’s Hollow music sounds ‘old-timey’, at least most of it has charm to it,”

She thought about the point Chelsea had made about why modern artists seemed to settle. She nodded in agreement, for she did believe that most things artists made were a matter of personal perspective. Sometimes an artist developed a style due to this, but as Chelsea was saying, sometimes it just led to a mass production of similarity.

“Art’s pretty subjective and all that, but if there’s any rule to follow, it should be to put passion and love into it! If an artist really cares about what they’re making, then they’ll put emotions and care behind it. Something can still be simple as long as there’s direction behind it,” Pencil stated. Her irises grew the more she spoke on the subject.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"Perhaps Thundy could whip up some background music for this gallery here. He's really good at composing...in comparison to those young producers back in his world. It's the same dang thing all the time and I hate it..." Chelsea said referring to the hip-hop/rap scene. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“Oh geez!” Pencil giggled upon hearing about the “trendy” music the griffons had to suffer through back in their world. “Well, I’d definitely love to hear Thundy’s music! It’s be a great addition to this already amazing room,” she added, refocusing her mind.

It was encouraging and heart-warming to see just how dedicated Chelsea was to her part of the museum. She was going to transform it into a dazzling spectacle that nopony had ever seen in a museum before. Pencil was so impressed and proud by this fact that she felt she had to ask Chelsea something.

“You’ve been super helpful to the museum, and I love it! Right now, I was just wondering...would you like to be my assistant? I understand you might be busy with other things, so you can say no. If you say yes, though, I can arrange something with the other staff members,” she asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"I'm not really that busy, so I could be your assistant." Chelsea stated. "And the music I was talking about was the type from Thundy's original home: Earth." Chelsea stated as she gathered some water energy and made a water version of planet earth appear that hovered above her talon.  

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

Pencil clapped as Chelsea said she would be her assistant. Once her staff were less busy, she would notify them of this. For now, she continued to listen to what the griffon had to say.

“Thundy told me a little bit about your ‘Earth’, but I probably know it the least out of everypony,” she stated.

Chelsea formed a sphere out of water which, from what Pencil assumed, was a model of “Earth”. It was similar to Equis in shape, but there were different landmarks that suggested that this was a completely different place. The unicorn tilted her head with a grin, excited at the possibility of an Earth culture lesson.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

"it's not my earth...it's Thundy's earth. He wasn't actually born a griffon, as you may have heard him say, so he lived differently up to that point where he was transformed into one. He had no magic, but he was developing his skill in music." Chelsea explained. 

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare

"Well, he loves symphonic metal, rock, orchestral, pop, and motown. He also loves to sing broadway and musical stuff. See if you can get him to show you a video of him singing when he was younger...or he could do it for you anyway...." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 1

@Windy Breeze

Nopony is still tracing the impostor cautiously, trying to avoid being seen. He has good concealment skills, but are they enough against Nightmare Moon's magic?

Tree Song, after not finding Sundae in her house, goes to the ice cream parlor.

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @C. Thunder Dash @Samurai Equine

As he waited patiently for Bluebell, Dynamo's ears perked as he heard someone calling out to them. Looking over towards the source, it turned out to be the young Final had returned. He winced slightly as it looked like the young colt had tripped. As Final had stood up, Dynamo smiled as it seemed he wasn't hurt from his fall. "It's good to see you again, Final! Is Kronos with you, or did you come back here all on your own?" He asks, returning the wave that Final had given them.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare

"Maybe we could all meet up for dinner tonight. Who knows, if you ask him about singing, he could probably sing something for you." Chelsea replied. "Anyway, aren't you gonna let the guests into the museum?" Chelsea asked. 

• Brohoof 1

@C. Thunder Dash

“Dinner sounds fun!” Pencil beamed. “Hmm, now that you mention it, I need to wrap a few things up here before I leave. Don’t worry, it won’t take long! I just have to organize all the art and review it. Should get done a little before dinner. With how long the line was, I might have to open the museum late,”

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare

Chelsea sensed where Thundy and the others were. "Looks like Thundy, Dynamo and...wait a second! Finn just joined them! So that means there's four of them now. Sounds like they're on their way to the arcade." Chelsea stated. 

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo's ears perked, while looking at both Bluebell and Thundy in surprise. Hearing that they were going to go a little slower. He smiled as he took their concerns to heart, before shaking his head. "Thank you both and I really do appreciate your concern. However, I can't always be afraid or worried if the ride goes very fast or goes over dune hops and such. If there's one thing I got to do, then it's to face that fear head on. If I don't, then I'll simply miss out on the fun." He says, giving the bespectacled mare and electric griffon a look of reassurance. Upon hearing Thundy's question, Dynamo nodded with a grin. "I sure am! Time to kick back and enjoy some games." He would say, about to make his way towards the cart. He stopped in his tracks, before looking back at Bluebell, before offering his forehoof for her to take. "Ready to head to the arcade, Bell? Also, there looks to be room in the back of the kart. Would you like to sit in the back together?"

@Dynamo Pad

"F-f-for sure," said Bluebell.

• Brohoof 2

@PawelS

For Nopony, however, the fake Sundae decided not to underestimate him. So when she learned of his magic tracing, she decided to leave town until next day. While she has a physical body that can be seen as food by wild animals, she can revert herself back into mist, she must only beed to change if she's very far away from him

Sundae was now a few meters away from her ice cream parlor, walking towards the location of her home, free from any thoughts.

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Samurai Equine

"Hey Finn, why not join me up front." Thundy said to the little colt as he looked at Dynamo and Bluebelle settling in the back seat. The platform sort of became a trunk space now that the kart looked more like a 4-person buggy. 

• Brohoof 2