Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Frisk @Reality Check

"Well it looks like Samurai is up...let's go Sam!" Thundy cheered. 

"If the stars line up. Thundy would most likely go against Sam in the Top 4." Chelsea observed. "I already have a plan for how I'm gonna defeat Sam if I face him..." Thundy replied. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Frisk @Reality Check @Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant

Dynamo's ears had suddenly perked as he heard a familiar voice calling out to him and the others. Looking around, the gaming unicorn smiled as he saw that the voice belonged to Necry. "Hey, Necry! It's good to see you again. How are you? I hope everything is well and that you're doing okay." He says, worried about the Prism Pokemon's wellbeing. Upon hearing the question of what was going on, Dynamo did he best to inform the prism lion of the past events. "I would say not much as Frozen had won his fight. Although, something seemed odd or I guess off when it came to Frozen's match. At the moment, I think Samurai's fight is up next." He explained, hoping that someone would probably notice the same as he did with Frozen. "Really? I'm a bit surprised to hear that Sire's Hollow doesn't have much in terms of arcades. However, I guess it's understandable as video games and arcades are still relatively new. Looks like arcades haven't really been expanded upon much in Equestria, but it'd be cool if that were to change. I guess only time can tell for the time being." He responded, looking back Pencil, who reassured him that he didn't say anything wrong. Breathing a sigh of relief, Dynamo smiled softly at the purple unicorn mare. "Thanks for letting me know, Pencil. Also, I'm sorry if I said or did anything to bother or upset you and the others. I'm still trying to get used to being myself with everything that happened. So, I tend to overreact or panic if I did anything that would be considered wrong, or something along those lines."

At the mention of practicing with Pokemon in the field with Thundy, Dynamo had gained a thoughtful expression upon his face. "Actually, I never did anything Pokemon related in the field during training practice with Thundy. We mostly tested to see what the belt could do such as Keyblades, Mario and other things. However, what you said gave me an idea. I know it might be a bit of long shot, but I might have a way to deal with Cosmic's constellation magic. Thanks for the advice and idea, Pencil." He grinned, nodding in thanks from the help his friend gave him. Upon hearing Sparkly describe Earth, Dynamo's interest in visiting became more and more apparent. "It makes me wonder if their video games are sort of like ours, or I can imagine more advanced. I can understand not having live Pokemon in the real world as I didn't expect for a dimension of Pokemon to exist. I always thought it was just a video game, but going into the game world made me wonder if such things do exist. I can only wonder how magical these places that you've explained look like." He wondered, looking to the ring to see that Final's remark wasn't incorrect. "I don't think you're seeing anything Finn. In fact, I think I'm starting to see them too." He blinked a couple of times to make sure that his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. However, no matter how many times he blinked, he would still see pink cherry blossom petals. Frozen, who had ignored Elusive's comments, had started making his way back to meet up with Cosmic and the others. He could only hope that he wouldn't have gotten on the unicorn's wrath, but he knew there'd be no avoiding that. 

As Alhimar had made his appearance known, Dynamo had looked at the entrance to see if Samurai would follow soon after. Dynamo was about to wave and cheer for Sam, but was stopped as he saw numerous Kuroko filling up the ring. What transpired were banners covering the ring as Samurai's symbol was shown for all to see. The gaming unicorn's ears perked at the sound of different instruments being played, while a familiar sound could be heard. "I feel as if I have heard that 'yo' from a sound effect or show once. That takes me a back a bit." He would say, before hearing the asian pony's words as he called out to transform. Just as music began to play, while the banners were taken away. As music began to play, Dynamo couldn't help himself as his head bopped to the beat. "Now that's the kind of song to get set for a fight. Why do I get Naruto vibes from this?" He asked to nobody in particular as he was getting psyched. Just as the song ended, Dynamo saw Samurai in his armor he used in the War for Friendshire. The only difference was that there was no face mask or weaponry. "You've got this Onii-san! We all believe in you!" He called out as he cheered for his friend and brother. He still wanted both fighters to do well, of course. Thinking back to the bracket, Dynamo had wondered how each fight could possibly go if this continued. "I guess if it all worked out, then maybe I'd be fighting Kronos. I still can't say how the fight will go between Cosmic and I. Even so, I still have to do my best." He noted with a nod.

Turning towards the griffon duo, Dynamo had tilted his head with a curious expression upon his face. "Not that I don't doubt you or anything, bro. However, how do you think you'll beat Onii-san? I know you're strong and all, but I wouldn't count him out if I were you."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Starforce @Oni Equine 

“It’s still a bit of a small town. Ponies are working on expanding the place and also bringing in more modern things. The expansion I could see happening but as for the modernization, that all depends on how well the town council is able to get along.” Pencil replied. She lit up when she began to talk about her hometown. Sparkly noticed and gave her a warm smile.

“And don’t worry about it, Dynamo, you didn’t say anything wrong at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if I said something wrong, though.” she added, rubbing her arm with her hoof. She soon put her hoof down and smiled when Dynamo said he appreciated her advice about the field.

“Earth truly is fascinating. There are aspects of it that are just, if not more, magical than the real life Pokémon you describe. There are many incredible places to visit as well as many incredible people. The places range from snow covered high top mountains to lush green fields to dazzling cities. There is no limit to the land on Earth.” Sparkly replied to the stallion.

Her and Pencil looked up to see a shower of cherry tree petals raining from above. They both thought they were pretty but were unsure as to why they were falling. It wasn’t until they looked down towards the tournament that they found the petals’ source. Samurai was making his grand entrance, trotting with confidence and joy. Flags with his trademark symbol flanked him and his army of Kuroko trotted nearby, keeping an eye out for him. Pencil grinned and gave out a small clap while Sparkly smiled down on them and quietly observed.

@Starforce

Thankfully she agrees, Starlight places a beacon near Town Hall. It starts off as just a little marker, but transforms into a device that looks a lot like a lamp post. She continues listening to Opia. "Two mayors?! Wow, that sounds...! Wait, they cancel each other out? That's strange. If they are both mayors, shouldn't they both have this town's best interests at heart?" She asks, confused.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad

In the stands,

The flashy intro comes to an end, and Final uses his magic to make a book appear. He flips through it real fast. "Well Dynamo, I guess the best way to answer your question is..." He pauses to read a little more "...because the music we just heard, and the music you probably heard in Naruto, is a type of cultural music that comes from Japone. According to this book, they also use it in culture plays, such as noh mask and kabuki plays. Wouldn't be surprised if this music is often used for things related to ninjas, samurai warriors, and other culture-specific things. I guess everything we just saw related to Samurai's culture." Final explains before making his book disappear. He also listens intently to Pencil's story. "Let me know if your home town brings in any scientific advancements. I'd love to see that."

In the arena,

The judges seem confused. "I'm not sure what all that was about, but as long as it didn't equate to cheating, then it's all perfectly allowed!" Mayor White commentates.

As the battle begins, Alhimar pulls out his book. "Samurai Equine. I've been doing research on you this whole time as well. An asian immigrant, assigned to this town on a peace-keeping mission. You've been setting up big events like this and you've been the biggest reason for upholding morale around this town. Your fighting style seems to be a mix of swordsmanship and martial arts. You speak in a mix of English and Japonies. Based on your demeanor, I'd say your star sign is Scropius. Optimistic and very empathetic, you are every bit the figure of Japonies grace. honor, and chivalry. Yet outside of care for your friends, I couldn't find many weaknesses." Alhimar says before putting his book away.

Samurai seems surprised. "You got all that just from observing me? I wonder what other kinds of dirt you have on everyone else. I barely know anything about you, Alhimar. I reached out to learn more, but all I've learned is you don't speak in rhyme, and you preferred to keep to yourself." Samurai says. Alhimar says. "For battle reasons, the latter is true. But I doubt you'd make this fight easy on me, so allow me to share the information you seek..." Alhimar opens his coat wide and reveals DOZENS upon dozens of bottles and vials of strange, mysterious chemicals. "Back where I come from, I am known as Alhimar the Alchemist!" Alhimar grabs one vial and throws it on the ground. It creates a large smokescreen, which startles Samurai enough to back up a little and start flailing about in an attempt to clear the smoke. Soon, Alhimar emerges from the dark clouds as a giant! "Ahahaha!!" Alhimar laughs as he looms over Samurai and the audience, standing up-right. A good portion of the audience screams at this sudden change in size.

"Fillies and gentlecolts, it seems that Alhimar has grown into some kind of giant! My math may need some work, but based on his height in relation to the building and the stands, I'd say Alhimar has grown over 5 stories tall!" Straightaway commentates. Alhimar begins to stomp on the arena, trying to squish Samurai beneath his hooves. Naturally, Samurai focuses his magic and summons fire around his rear feet. "Flaming Step." Using this spell, Samurai is able to zip about great distances in the blink of an eye; the fire acting like miniature jets that give him a boost of running speed! It's working of course, but no one can stay on the defense forever. And so, after Alhimar makes 5 or 6 attempt to step on him, Samurai zips to the one hoof Alhimar was standing on for support. He pulls out his katana with she sheath covering the blade and swings! But the attack only turns the gigantic Alhimar into a puffy collection of many colored clouds. It was an illusion the entire time?! "Fooled you~!" The normal-sized Alhimar says as he pops up behind Samurai.

Snapping at Alhimar's statement, Samurai spins around to attack him again, but Alhimar throws yet another bottle and shatters it against Samurai. The chemicals within turn into a green mist, and Samurai covers his face and begins coughing. "What... What was that?! Alchemist, what have.... you..." At first, Samurai doesn't notice any new changes even as the mist clears around him. But then, his vision goes black. Samurai suddenly stands perfectly still. His upper hooves drop to his side, his head lowers a little, and his eyes look... Empty. They are voided; almost lifeless. Whatever Alhimar did has left Samurai Equine frozen in place.

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

Opia stood there for a moment and looked into Starlight's eyes silently for a few passing moments. "More or less, yes it is. Why are they called Black and White? Because they cancel each other out. I am inclined to agree with Mayor Black on a lot of things. I sat with him earlier and talked with him. He is a very interesting sort to say the least. I believe the mystery of this curse lays within the mayors. It is the only unusual thing about this town, and a town shouldn't have two mayors." she spoke analytically. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Oni Equine said:

Snapping at Alhimar's statement, Samurai spins around to attack him again, but Alhimar throws yet another bottle and shatters it against Samurai. The chemicals within turn into a green mist, and Samurai covers his face and begins coughing. "What... What was that?! Alchemist, what have.... you..." At first, Samurai doesn't notice any new changes even as the mist clears around him. But then, his vision goes black. Samurai suddenly stands perfectly still. His upper hooves drop to his side, his head lowers a little, and his eyes look... Empty. They are voided; almost lifeless. Whatever Alhimar did has left Samurai Equine frozen in place.

Bluebell averted her eyes.  "Oh-oh my gosh! S-s-Samurai! I c-c-can't watch!" 

Edited by Ragland Tiger
  • Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad @Frisk @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Reality Check

Thundy and Chelsea watched the fight. However, Chelsea gasped loudly when it seems that a chemical that the zebra used rendered Samurai in a null state. “Sam…” She simply said with a sniffle. Thundy brought Chelsea and Bluebell in for a hug. “He’s still there but this chemical has really affected his consciousness…this really shouldn’t be allowed. Who knows how long the effects of this chemical lasts…” Thundy said. Thanks to his changing heart, Thundy could sense Samurai’s consciousness and energy. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad @Frisk @ExplosionMare @Courageous Thunder Dash @Starforce @Kronos the Revenant

As he was drawing, Reality heard broken glass and gasps beside him. Feeling a bit confused, he looked to his side before turning from to the arena. That's when he saw Samurai standing completely still, almost as if he's staring into space.

It wasn't hard for him to figure out that something was wrong. "Ok, what did I miss?" Reality asked the others.

Edited by Reality Check
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Frisk @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

"I guess Sire's Hollow is sort of like Ponyville, in a way. I want to say that Ponyville is a bit of a small town, but I haven't been there before. I meant more along the lines that they are the same as they are not entirely modern. I'm guessing that the town council is torn between certain things when you mention that it depends on if they can get along?" Dynamo asks, wondering what Pencil had meant, but hoped that her town would be okay. "Thank you for letting me know that nothing wrong was said. The same can be said for you as you didn't say anything wrong, Pencil." He returns the smile with a smile of his own, before tilting his head curiously at Sparkly's explanation. "From what you've described, it almost sounds a bit like Equestria. From dazzling cities like Manehattan and Las Pegasus, to snow covered high top mountains like Mt. Everhoof. I haven't seen that many lush green fields, except for the fields that are in Friendshire. I'm still rather curious to see Earth, though. As it does sound incredible from what you and Thundy have described, Sparkly."

Turning his attention to Final, Dynamo watched as the unicorn used his magic to make a book appear. Flipping to the page he was looking for, Dynamo listened as he heard Final's explanation to the music they had just heard. "I know that this might be a bit off topic, but I do recall seeing samurai in the world of Naruto. I think I get what you mention Kabuki plays, Finn. Aren't those the plays that have the structure of Jo-Ha-Kyu? If this is all related to Sam's culture, then I look forward to seeing what else he has to show in this fight." During the exchange in dialogue, Dynamo blinked in surprise as Alhimar began to list off information about Samurai. "I know we talked to him for a bit, but he gained all that information in such a short time? Alhimar must be really good at gaining the information that he needs." He says, before hearing the zebra mention that he was known as an alchemist. "I hope Alhimar isn't able to make any kind of transmutation circle, or have any kind of philosopher's stone. I'm not sure if stuff like that is possible in Equestria, but even so. Sam might be in trouble if that's even possible." His jaw suddenly began to drop as the zebra used a vial of chemicals to make him turn into a giant. As he loomed over Samurai, Dynamo had hoped that his friend and brother would be able to evade with how much space Alhimar had taken up on the ring.

As the fight began, Dynamo watched as Samurai was able to dodge using his fire step, but he wouldn't be able to dodge forever. He nodded as his friend and brother went for an attack on one of the giant zebra's limbs. To Dynamo, it was a sound and effective idea. If he made the limbs weaker or if Alhimar was slower in that form, then he could deal some good damage. It was like the old saying went. The bigger they are, then the harder they fall. However, the asian pony’s attack had merely gone though the giant zebra as if they were a cloud. As the real Alhimar appeared behind Samurai, Dynamo had looked between the original and the giant zebra. “That was an illusion the entire time?” He asks, noticing more vials being thrown as a green mist manifests around Samurai’s face. It looked as if the asian pony was just having a coughing fit, but the worst was yet to come. Dynamo furrowed his eyes rows as Sam had lowered his front hooves, while his head drooped slightly. “Why did Sam stop? I-Is whatever Alhimar used messing with Sam’s head?” He asks, wondering if anyone else could make heads or tails about the situation.

Looking towards Reality upon hearing his question, Dynamo turned towards the mint green unicorn. “Alhimar is using vials to help him fight, while gaining information about his opponents to try and counter their fighting styles. He just turned into a giant, but it was the vial that made it all into an illusion. Another vial was thrown, but it looks like it’s affecting Sam’s consciousness.” He tried to explain to the best of his abilities. The gaming unicorn was thankful that the griffon duo were able to figure out what was going on. Looking towards Bluebell, Dynamo frowned as she had averted her eyes. Even without hr pendant, Dynamo could understand that Bluebell was concerned for her friends. Walking over towards her, he wrapped a comforting hoof around her shoulder. Pulling her towards him as he gave her a comforting hug. “Everything is going to be okay, Bluebell.  It’s just like what Thundy had said. He’s still in there, but the chemicals are messing him up. I know he’ll be able to get out of this. He is my onii-san and he is a strong pony too.” He gave a reassuring smile, before looking out towards the ring. “Hey! Onii-san! If you can hear me, then don’t give up! You can do this! You have to fight through this!” He wasn’t sure if it would work or not, but he still had to try. His friends didn’t give up on him, so he wouldn’t give up on his friends.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine 

“It’s not a ‘the town is going to war’ type of conflict, just a simple disagreement between ponies. Some want to preserve the historical monuments while others just want to move forward. I wish everypony would just do both, but it’s not like I have any type of power to change their minds.” Pencil replied. “Oh, and uh, you’re welcome. I-I’m glad I didn’t say anything wrong, either. Sometimes I feel like I can offend ponies without meaning to.”

“I have not seen much of Equestria yet but I do not doubt that it has its own unique sense of beauty to it. I admit that I am biased to the beauty of Earth since it does not rely on magic like Equestria, but I understand where you are coming from. If you were to see Earth for yourself, though, you make begin to see it like I do.” Sparkly told Dynamo, continuing their conversation about the wonders of Earth.

Pencil’s attention was diverted when she heard the shattering of glass. She jumped and looked towards the source. What she saw rendered her speechless for a moment—Samurai was knocked out from chemical exposure!

“Is Samurai okay?” she asked in a shrill voice.

“Do I need to deal with Alhimar myself?” Sparkly asked with a scowl.

• Brohoof 1

@ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Reality Check @Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Frisk

"As I said, this chemical has rendered Sam nearly unconscious. This should be illegal. I still sense Sam's energy, but it's really faint...hey Straightaway! Shouldn't that be illegal?!" Thundy called out. 

"I know where you're coming from Sparkly, I'd want to give that zebra a talk if he did that in a battle..." Chelsea replied. 

(edited)

@Starforce

Starlight rubs her head. "I've seen a lot of weird things in my lifetime that don't fully make sense, but maybe you're right. Still, not my place to handle it today. Soon, though! I promise, real soon, once I've secured passage in and out of this town." She nods, determined.  "...I wonder where else I should put some beacons."

@Zombie Breeze

Trilby is taken by surprise a little, but he gladly snuggles with Shadow. "Well, I can't lie, that would be wonderful~" Trilby says. He looks her in eyes when she asks a question. "Yes? You can ask me anything, Shadow."

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad

In the stands,

Final hears Reality's question. "What's going on? I'll TELL you what's going on! That jerkface is using science as a tool to harm others! And I won't stand for it!! Chelsea, Thundy, hold me back please." Final takes Thundy and Chelsea's claws and puts them on his shoulders, genuinely wanting to be held back. "YOU VELVETY HACK!!! YOU CHAZRLATAN!! YOU FRAUD!! SCIENCE IS SUPPOSE TO HELP EVERYONE AND IMPROVE EVERYONE'S LIVES, NOT BE USED AS A TOOL OF COMBAT!! DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!!" Final yells at the Zebra, moments away from actually going down there. 

In the arena,

Suddenly, Alhimar begins laughing a sinister, maniacally laugh. It gets louder and louder until he's dancing and prancing all around the arena. "Yes, yes, yes, YES~!! I did it! I did it!! I win, I win, I wiiiIIIiiin~ I don't lose, I win! Me, Alhimar! I am the winner!" Alhimar pumps a hoof up in the air in victory. Truly if he had fingers, he'd be holding up two fingers in a victory sign. "Odd. For some reason, fighter Alhimar has all ready declared his victory before we have." Mayor White commentates. "And yet, Samurai Equine is still in the arena, though completely motionless. Unless one of them leaves the arena, this fight isn't over." Straightaway adds.

Breaking out of his dance, Alhimar smiles as he turns and faces the crowd. "Attention, everypony! Allow me to explain what is going on. Samurai Equine has just breathed in a mild neurotoxin. As we speak, his mind is attacking him with visions of all his deepest fears at once! Deep seeded traumas, irrational fears, skeletons in his closet~ I wish I could poke around in his head and find out what secrets are attacking him as we speak... But it really doesn't matter! Because in this state, Samurai is completely helpless! All I have to do is push him out of the ring, and I win! It's all too easy now. Thank you Friendshire for giving me this opportunity, and I look forward to winning all these matches." Alhimar bows as a stray tear falls from Samurai's unconscious eyes. Alhimar begins leisurely pushing Samurai's body forward. The crowd gasps at just how easy it is. "Is this really it? Is Samurai Equine really going to be defeated in such a simple manner?!" Even Elusive asks. Samurai is getting closer, closer, and closer to the end of the arena!

Alhimar continues laughing at how easy it is! And just as he is two tile rows from pushing Samurai out, he begins to laugh once more.
Until Samurai's hoof grabs his arm. "Huh?!" The startled Alhimar says, coming to a hault as Samurai grits his teeth in anger. His horn lights and Samurai begins to scream, fire appearing around his other three hooves. As his scream reaches its peak volume, his eyes return to normal and he stops summoning fire with his magic. "N-n-no!! It can't be!! NOPONY should have broken through that!" Alhimar says as he squirms, trying to release himself from Samurai's grasp. And Samurai grants his wish--By taking Alhimar's arm and using it to toss him clear to the other side of the ring! Alhimar grunts as he lands, but he sits up and looks at Samurai with a horrified expression. "It simply cannot be! My neurotoxin is too well made! You should be battling your inner demons right now! Tell me how you broke free!!" Alhimar demands.

Samurai is huffing and puffing with some redness in his eyes. "My inner demons?! I don't run from them... I face them every day. Snow Leopard, monsters, shinobi... I've fought hard against them each and every day! But even so... Thank you, Alhimar. Those dreadful visions remind me of why I put this armor on and raise my sword every time." Samurai corrects his posture back onto a proper all-fours stance. He looks back onto the audience. "I do it for my homeland. For the princesses I have sworn allegiance to. I do it for the defenseless. I do it for the friends that are precious to me. And most of all..."

Samurai faces Alhimar once more, angry and determined as he raises his hoof. "With ever fiber of my soul.... I FIGHT FOR HONOR AND JUSTICE!!!" Samurai declares for all of Friendshire to hear.

Edited by Oni Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

Opia would smirk slightly to Starlight. "Why, the tournament of course. There is likely a lot of magic involved there, but we should avoid the main events there. So many ponies. So loud there, its just not something you want to see yourself involved in too much. Perhaps we should put the beacons near to the mayors themselves." Opia suggested, a hoof to her chin. 

• Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad @Reality Check @ExplosionMare

Thundy gasped. "He did it! He really did it!" You got this Sam! Put that maniacal zebra in his rightful place!" Thundy called out, standing up with a raised fist. 

"Go Sam! Finish it!" Chelsea called out. 

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Frisk @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

Upon hearing the situation with Sire's Hollow, Dynamo nodded his head in understanding. "That does sound problematic, in a way. I agree that it'd be helpful if it was a mixture of both, but I guess both sides have their views on the conflict. Hopefully, everything will be able to work out for the town." He would say, before nodding with a smile. "I know what you mean, Pencil. There are times where I feel like said or did something that would sound rude. Which I tend to overthink and panic as I feel like I caused someone to feel offended." He explains, nodding as he listened to Sparkly's explanation. "I think that's fair as I'd have to see Earth for myself. I think it's nice to have different views from our perspective of Equestria and Earth. They sound similar, yet have differences at the same time." He says, hearing the thoughts the others had on Alhimar. "I'd have to agree that it does seem a bit unfair to use chemicals as a means to fight, or hurt others." He wondered as it looked like it was up to the judge's decision. Based on how fighters like Lightning and those that took the fight a bit far. It seemed like it depended on if the fighters were going overboard or put the lives of others at risk. As a way of finding if the participant should be allowed to continue fighting. 

As Final began to yell and be held back by the griffon duo, Dynamo tilted his head in confusion, yet surprise. With how passionate the unicorn sounded, Dynamo was still surprised by the names that were thrown upon towards Alhimar. If this Final was the same Final he had met in the war for Friendshire, then Dynamo would have thought these were two different ponies. Before he could ask if Final was okay, Dynamo quickly turned back to the ring as he heard the sound of laughter. This laughter was not ordinary as it sounded evil, sinister, unnerving. To him, his spine shivered as it reminded him of Cosmic. As he watched Alhimar dance and cheer in the ring, Dynamo narrowed his eyes slightly, while raising an eyebrow in confusion. "H-He won? What is this guy talking about?" He asks, almost mirroring the judge's, as well as anyone else's confusion. As he listened to what was happening to his friend and brother, Dynamo gasped as he grit his teeth. Hearing what the neurotoxin was doing had made Dynamo realize that fighting Alhimar would have been frightening. With what he had gone through with Cosmic and the others, it would have only stirred up more trouble. Even if he wasn't fighting down there in the ring, he wanted to do something to help Samurai. Even seeing what he thought was a stray tear had broke the gamer pony's heart. "No...d-don't give up. Please, don't give up, Onii-san." He says, watching as the zebra began pushing Samurai slowly towards the edge of the ring. It looked like the judges weren't able to interfere with what Alhimar had done.

Just as all hope seemed lost, Dynamo's ears perked as the asian pony began to scream in anger, while fire appeared around his hooves. As Samurai tossed Alhimar to the other side of the ring, Dynamo had seen that his friend and brother had actually broke free from the neurotoxin. "He did it..." He uttered out, almost not believing what he was seeing. His jaw dropped, before slowly picking it up as a grin formed on his face. "He really did do it. He actually did it! He broke free!" He exclaimed, before blinking in surprise as someone had grabbed him. Looking over, he saw that it was Bluebell, who began to cheer alongside him, as well as everyone else's cheers rang out. Even as she had caused Dynamo to jump up and down, Dynamo laughed happily as he found his footing. Allowing him to jump up and down with Bluebell to join in with her enthusiasm. "You can say that again, Bluebell! I knew he would be able to break free!" He wondered if Samurai had broken free from Alhimar's neurotoxin's effects, or if it was Dynamo's words that echoed out, or if it was something else that managed to set him free. Whatever the case was, the gaming unicorn was happy and thankful that his friend and brother had a fighting chance again. He was caught off guard as he heard the anger in the asian pony's voice. Something that he didn't hear all too often. However, hearing his speech had made Dynamo to feel inspired, as well as nod in approval with each reason listed. "Do it, Onii-san! Finish this and show him what you truly stand and fight for!" He cheered, giving his support alongside his friends and loved ones.

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

“Trilby," she started, “I think i-”

However, before she could tell him what she feel about him, Keen's entrance into the room interrupted her “How are you doing? Making yourselves at home?” she asked.

Shadow glanced at Keen, exclaiming “It's cozy here!"

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Starforce

Starlight considers it. "I guess I can save the tournament for last. Do you know where the mayors offices are? We could also take a break and grab a bite to eat, if you want."

@Zombie Breeze

It seems the moment is broken. Trilby looks up as Keen joins them once more. "It's perfectly fine in here! Though, I do hope Mirabelle is almost done making that soup. I'm getting hungry with anticipation." Trilby lightly jokes, though his tummy does rumble a little.

Trilby wasn't sure what to do with himself. All he wants to do is be a kind and patient pony right now. He's a guest in somepony else's house. However, he hasn't had a chance to spend time with just Shadow alone. He feels rude not being able to help in the kitchen, even though Mirabelle said she didn't want any help. At least Keen seems happy, and that's what he came here for, to help a friend out.

"I wonder if anyone notices we're gone." Trilby says to himself, thinking about Friendshire.

In the stands,

Final calms down, feeling quite satisfied. "Well, thank goodness for that. I mean, I'm still upset that he's using science like this, but at least he won't get an easy victory now. Hope Samurai shows him what for!" Final cheers in his own way. He sits back down and looks over at his friends, noticing that they are all cheering for Samurai in their own way. Final nods; it just feels right.

In the arena,

His friends and crowd cheer for Samurai with this declaration. "Samurai has somehow managed to break free of whatever toxins were previously keeping him down. I declare, this fight is still on!" Mayor White excitedly announces.

Alhimar is clearly shaken as he rises up. "He should be completely ensnared by the neurotoxin. My research on Samurai Equine is limited to this day alone, and yet... Does he really have a willpower strong enough to overcome my neurotoxin? That was one of my BEST strategies!" Alhimar thinks to himself. "...Eeyipe!!" Like a frightened chicken, Alhimar begins to run, and Samurai gives chase. But all this running around the arena isn't for nothing. Alhimar is reaching into his coat again to grab two more vials. "If I combine these, and aim for his horn..." Alhimar's thoughts are interrupted with a startled yell, as Samurai managed to catch up to Alhimar, grab him by his coat, and spin him around! The sudden toss about makes Alhimar accidentally drop the vials; and as the chemicals splash onto the arena floor, a good chunk of the arena suddenly becomes like rubber! And when Alhimar slips and falls on it, the elastic surface bounces Alhimar high into the air like an incredibly bouncy trampoline!

The sudden gain in vertical altitude was unexpected, but Alhimar recovers quickly! He pours a chemical on his clothing, which makes them buoyant and weightless enough to keep him suspended in air. "Perfect. Better than a wingsuit! And if I'm up here, this gives me plenty of time to calculate my next move. Now let's see... I could combine these two chemicals here, and that should turn Samurai's armor into a brittle substance. From there, I..." "Flaming JUMP!!" Once more, Alhimar's thoughts are interrupted when Samurai uses a fire-assisted jump to give him a powerful boost up into the air, easily surpassing Alhimar's altitude in seconds! With a startled yell and no time to think, Alhimar throws two more vials. "Flaming PUNCH!!!" As Samurai descends by throwing a fiery punch, Alhimar throws the two vials he was looking at earlier, but as the bottles shatter against Samurai's armored hoof, the chemicals instantly evaporate and nullify against Samurai's flames. "...I forgot, most of these chemicals are not flame retardant!" A wide-eyed Alhimar realizes seconds before the punch connects and he is sent plummeting down.

The buoyancy of his suit gives Alhimar some bounce back, saving him from what could have been a back-breaking landing. However, as he realizes he is bouncing on solid ground, he looks down and makes a realization. "Oh phooey..." Oh he's bouncing on solid ground all right. Solid ground OUTSIDE of the arena. "Alhimar has landed outside of the arena, which means that he is disqualified!" Straightaway commentates. "Samurai Equine is the winner and will go on to the next round!" Elusive adds. A victory worth cheering for. Alhimar begins using his chemicals to return his clothes back to normal while Samurai gracefully lands beside him. "So, I guess this is it. My research was accurate--! But incomplete. I wasn't ready to go into the ring with a living dynamo of fire magic. Your fire nullified my chemicals, but it didn't pull you out of hypnosis, that was all part of your unbreakable willpower. And now, just like anyone who I've ever gotten into a fight with, you probably hate my guts as well." Alhimar turns and is about to walk away, until Samurai puts a hoof on his shoulder. He is smiling. "You were REALLY impressive, Alhimar-san! Hountou ni sugee! I just wish I had worn my mask into that battle, it could have protected me from your neurotoxin like a gas mask. Still, I would love to spend more time with you, and maybe learn more about your alchemy. I just know it can do great things; maybe even help me improve my flame magic some day." Samurai says before extending a hoof to Alhimar. "You-you mean it? Just like that, after we exchanged blows and nearly broke each other out there? You'd be willing to accept me as a friend that easily?" Alhimar asks in disbelief, but Samurai's gesture makes it clear what the answer is.

And so with a reassured smile, Alhimar accepts Samurai's offer, and they both hoof shake on it. Even with a powerful match, there is no hard feelings between them. "...Oh, and speaking of neurotoxins, you got an antidote with you? I've been fighting off the lingering effects this whole time, and my head is killing me~!" Samurai says, in the midst of a nasty headache. "Antidote? Oh, of course, antidote! Of course, of course, right away; I'll find it for you without delay." Alhimar digs through his coat, finds the antidote, and gives it to Samurai. He drinks it and finds immediate relief. "Ah~ Yokatta! So much better." Samurai says with a sigh. Even the redness in his eyes disappears.

Edited by Oni Equine
  • Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine @Ragland Tiger @Frisk @Reality Check

"Oh yea! He did it! That's the way to do it Sam!" Chelsea cheered. Meanwhile Thundy had snuck out to look for Bingo. As he walked, he saw a Diamond dog sitting against a wall. "Bingo? Is that you buddy?" He asked. The diamond dog looked up. "Thundy bird?" The diamond dog asked. "That's me!" Thundy said smiling. Bingo got up. "Thundy bird is Bingo best buddy!" Bingo said smiling and hugging Thundy. Thundy hugged Bingo back. "Has Cosmic pony been defeated?" Bingo asked. "Not yet, but my friend Dynamo is supposed to be fighting Cosmic. Let's cheer Dynamo on together when the time comes. In the meantime, let's go back to the stands. There's a group of friends I'd like you to meet." Thundy said as he gently took Bingo's paw. "Bingo will stay with best buddy Thundy bird." Bingo said proudly, walking alongside Thundy. 

The two soon arrived back at the spectator's area. "Hey guys! Look who I brought!" Thundy said smiling. "Bingo Thundy's best buddy!" Bingo proclaimed. Chelsea turned. "Hey you guys! Look! Thundy brought Bingo to hang out with us!" Chelsea said with a smile. 

• Brohoof 2

@Oni Equine

Opia nodded to Starlight. "I've just ate a lot but I can sit with you while you ate. I packed myself full when at that Tournament but we can talk over a nice meal if you wish." she spoke and gently nudged Starlight, and would follow her to where she would lead. 

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

Alhimar felt as if the state of affairs were very disappointing. While Samurai had made peace with him on the outside, internally Alhimar didn't really accept that. Perhaps Alhimar made a lot of oversights in his plans and designs for this fight and that is why he lost. He had a lot of secret research to begin, to say the least. Those neurotoxins didn't take into account one's willpower. He would have to either scrap them or come up with new ones. Probably new ones, if he was to face Samurai or anyone else again for that matter he would have to have completely new tools in the box. He wasn't willing to just give up and be friends with someone who casted him out of the arena boundaries, resulting in his disqualification. 

That was another thing, he didn't actually get beat down by Samurai...he was tossed out of the boundaries of the ring. While that was within regulation, he felt as if he was cheated out of his rightful victory. Alhimar didn't have the courage to do anything outside of the arena itself. He wasn't a criminal at least he didn't want to be. Perhaps some day he would challenge Samurai to a rematch and he would finally have victory over him. He had a respect to Samurai's fighting ability but despite all of that he felt cheated out of a rightful victory. He wasn't going to merely give in to the state of affairs. While he had been defeated 'unfairly', he knew that he wasn't going to concede entirely.

Knowing that he had deceived Samurai by conceding the fight to him he felt as if it was demoralizing and degrading to have them all cheer for Samurai and thus Alhimar's defeat. Alhimar was too much of a coward to cause a scene here, not only that but if he were to suddenly object or do some other derogatory manner than that would reflect badly on Alhimar. He had to keep his grievances to himself and plan out his next move. His next move was going to be to get away from the spotlight. He personally couldn't handle how it felt like everything was against him. 

Looking to Samurai he would give him a strange look and say the following words, "See you around..." he spoke hesitantly and his eyes narrow slightly at that he would turn around to leave. He needed to change into his other gear. Pulling out what looked like a piece of hard candy he would bite down and chew. His face contorts violently and he wheezes as he felt the mint like flavor washed throughout his body. This replenished his energy, as well as healed any minor wounds on Alhimar's body. Samurai would see that Alhimar's body would glow a mint color as the process finished.

Alhimar turns away and coughs again but Samurai could feel free to interact more if he wished. 

Edited by Starforce
  • Brohoof 1

Upon hearing that the fight was still going to happen, Dynamo smiled as this was Samurai's chance to counterattack. "I think I can understand what you mean, Finn. I'd be upset if someone tried to use video games for the wrong reasons. Although, I guess you could say yes if you consider bullying through video games could be considered as part of the wrong reasons." He would say, taking notice of the shocked expression written on Alhimar's face. As the zebra began to run away in a panic, Dynamo wondered if he was running away, while being a coward. However, he chalked it up as maybe to gain some distance. It didn't make a difference as Samurai had caught up, before spinning Alhimar around. More clangs and shattering sounds could be heard as vials were destroyed as they hit the arena surface. "You've got this Onii-san! Don't give him any room to recover!" He cheered out, while Alhimar had bounced up into the sky. He was surprised as he the unicorn thought the ring had warped for a split second. His attention jumped back up to the zebra, who used chemicals on himself in order to float more in the air. Even as more chemicals were thrown, Samurai didn't give any room for the zebra to think.

"It's like Sam isn't giving him a moment to plan out his next strategy. Alhimar might have info on his opponents and how to combat them. However, if you keep up the offense to not let him attack, then his strategy's might prove futile." He explained, even though he wasn't entirely sure that theory was true. It still proved true, in a way as Samurai jumped up to his opponent's location. Just as the chemicals were being thrown, the chemicals themselves evaporated as they touched the flames that were being given off. Dynamo had wondered if the heat protected his friend and brother, but it was already too late to ask. As the hit connected, Alhimar had landed outside of the ring. "Alright! Great job, Onii-san! You did it!" He cheered once more as his friend and brother was declared the winner of the match. Dynamo soon noticed Samurai, who landed beside Alhimar as they talked and exchanged a hoof shake. Seeing this caused the gaming unicorn to smile at the two. "I know Alhimar might have fought unfairly, but it all still turned out okay, in the end. If Onii-san doesn't have ill will, then I guess we shouldn't either. That's what this tournament is all about, right? To build and strengthen friendship and it looks like Sam has made a new friend. Great job once again, Onii-san! You were pretty interesting too Alhimar!" He exclaimed, cheering for both sides as the fight concluded. 

As he heard Thundy's voice ring out, Dynamo had turned towards the source to see the male griffon, who was returning with someone. That someone was the diamond dog, Bingo. Dynamo was surprised as he didn't notice Thundy sneaking off, but he chalked it up to being too engrossed on the fight. "Hey, bro! Hey, Bingo! It's nice to see you again. How are you doing?" He asks, hoping that Bingo had recovered from the fight he and the male griffon had previously.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Frisk @Reality Check @Oni Equine @Ragland Tiger @Kronos the Revenant

"Bingo fine. Bingo want to watch someone destroy Cosmic pony." Bingo said to Dynamo. "Ever since he got Chelsea's telepathic message, Bingo has been obsessed with the thought of finally seeing someone defeat Cosmic." Thundy said. 

• Brohoof 2