Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Town That Friendship Forgot

Samurai Equine

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine @Starforce

“I’m sure things will work out eventually. And I definitely understand what you mean, I can get overly panicked or worried too when I feel like I’ve upset someone.” Pencil replied.

“That is exactly what I am trying to offer; a different perspective. If I can teach you something new about the Earth that you can use in Equestria, then I have served my purpose.” Sparkly said to Dynamo.

The two unicorns drew their attention towards the arena once again as things began to look very troubling for Samurai. Alhimar took advantage of his unconscious state and taunted him as he kicked him slowly towards the edge of the platform. Pencil began to tear up and wished she could gallop over to save Samurai. Sparkly gave Alhimar a warning look. Both mares were very on edge but thankfully, Samurai was able to come to in just a short manner of time.

Samurai was back on his hooves and was able to take Alhimar out of the ring with a mighty force. Pencil cheered and Sparkly gave a respectful clap. They were both relieved that Samurai was okay and proud that he was able to win.

Pencil and Sparkly looked over to someone who had previously fought in the tournament. His name was Bingo and he spoke in the third person, which the mares found a bit amusing. Pencil waved and Sparkly gave a friendly greeting.

“Greetings, Bingo. I am Sparkly Green and the purple unicorn next to me is Pencil Pouch.” she said.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Added the Bingo part
  • Brohoof 1

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Frisk @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

"That's good to hear and I'm glad to know that you're doing fine. I don't think we met in the waiting area, but it's also really nice to finally meet you." Dynamo smiled as Bingo seemed friendly after getting to see him fight and interact. "I remember getting that same telepathic message and it really means a lot that you care about stopping Cosmic. At the moment, it looks like I'm going to be the one to go up against Cosmic. So, if anyone's going to try and defeat him, then it might be me." He responded, nervousness creeping in his heart. Even if it was the competition, the gaming unicorn always felt nervous whoever he had to go up against. Cosmic, being the bully, didn't help in adding onto the unicorn's worries. "Do you happen to know who's in charge of the council in Sire's Hollow, Pencil? I don't doubt that things will work out eventually, but I just hope that everything will turn out well. I haven't visited that place before, but it sounds like a cool place to visit." He would say, turning his attention to Pencil with a nod. "I guess you can say that might be something I have to overcome with time. It's always going to be there, but it'll be something I have to work through. With how Cosmic and the others acted in the past, it made me apprehensive in how I act around others. It's the reason why it's difficult to read the room like when Astral tried to help me with that spell of invisibility. I'm still really sorry about that. I didn't know you guys were laughing with me as I thought you were laughing at me." He admitted, while not particularly fond of the memory. He soon understood that this was something he'd come to understand or work to an understanding. "I guess I become panicked or worry if I did something wrong is because I don't want to ruin the friendships and relationships I have now. Knowing who my true friends are, I really want to work hard to show how much you all mean to me, you know?" He gave a nervous/shy blush on his cheeks, while rubbing the back of his neck with his free front hoof.

Looking over towards Sparkly, Dynamo's blush slowly faded as he took in what she had said to him. "It's always good to have a different perspective over something. Considering that you might learn something you might not have known before." He says, smiling with a nod.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Frisk @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad

Reality can't help but clap his hooves lightly after seeing Samurai won the match against Alhimar, even when he's at a disadvantage. He then looked to his side and listened to Thundy introducing Bingo. Reality didn't bother speaking up until he heard about someone named 'Cosmic' and how they're going to defeat him.

He decided to ask them about it, so he did. "Who's Cosmic?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Starforce

Starlight giggles at the nudge. "I'm not super hungry right at the moment, so I'll grab a bite to eat later... But I get the feeling something important is going to happen. Call it an instinct or a gut feeling, but something just seems off to me... Maybe it's that fighting tournament. I've never seen one before, but fights don't usually stay civilized forever. Or maybe it's something else. Could be that subtle magic surrounding this place. Or maybe it's the fact that most of this town just feels way too empty. It's like there's red flags all over this place, and I just can't shake it." She looks around a moment, trying to figure it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad

In the stands,

Final sees Bingo and waves. "I remember you. I saw your match, it was very fun. Nice to meet you, Bingo. I'm Final; but some call me Finn. I'll never live that nickname down." Final says as he introduces himself. But hearing Thundy explain things makes him narrow his eyes. He pulls Thundy and Chelsea close, whispering to them so that Bingo won't hear what he has to say. "It seems like Bingo is confusing Chelsea's telepathic message with his own psyche. Either way, if Bingo ever starts to go wild or is ever too aggressive, then I think you can use that telepathy to keep him in check. Just something to think about, if you ever need to." Final gives them both a word of advice.

He looks over at Dynamo. "You really talk a lot about video games. Do they really mean that much to you?" Final asks, curious.

Final also looks over at Reality. "I'll let Dynamo explain that. I'm still learning, but it sounds like Cosmic is a pony from Dynamo's past, and it doesn't seem to be a good past either."

In the gym,

Fold raises his head. "My time has come." He stands up and disappears into the shadows, leaving Cosmic and his gang behind for now.

In the arena,

As the staff get in the arena and use magic to fix any part of the ring that was chemically altered, Elusive Facts joins Samurai. "Wow~ So Samurai Equine, most citizens of Friendshire are all ready quite familiar with you. Still, I must ask, did this match go the way you expected?" Elusive asks, holding up a mic. "Well, when I go into a match, I hardly ever have expectations. I want my opponents to surprise me, but I definitely keep my guard up. I want them to bring their best, and I'll rise to that challenge as best as I can." Samurai explains. "And do you think you'll go on to win this tournament?" Elusive asks. "Heh, I'm not sure to be honest. I'm just having fun sharing this event with my friends and everyone else; it's really pushing me to be the best fighter I can be. If I go all the way to the last match up, great! But even if I lose, then that's all the more motivation to increase my training and become even stronger in the future!" Samurai says. "Well then, there you have it, everypony. Up next is Fold VS Henry! Will Fold and Henry PLEASE report to the arena!" Elusive says before returning to her seat. When she does, the judges take a moment to quietly talk to each other for a second. They seem to discussing something important...

Samurai leaves the arena. As he does, he waves to Dynamo, Thundy, Chelsea, Bluebell, Reality, Necry, Final, Pencil, Sparkly, and even Bingo. He returns to the backstage area; and Henry is the first to appear on the arena. "Bleh! Bleh! I'm ready!! Let me at 'em!! Ring the bell. I can do it! START THE MATCH ALL READY!!!" The angry goat says. It isn't long before the towering spider creature named Fold is in the ring with him. "Then attack." Fold says in a whispered, creepy voice that sounds like many voices talking in unison. Henry isn't afraid, though. With an angry bleat, he charges and aims his horns at Fold, and...!!

"Bleh~" With a weak bleat, Henry falls out of the ring, dizzy spirals in his eyes. It seems like all Fold did was swing one of his arms and strike Henry once. That's all!

"And so, a new battle begi--!! Oh, it's over? All ready?" Mayor White commentates, startled it's over so fast. "I... honestly expected so much more." Straightaway adds. "Me too! I heard in the preliminaries that Henry use to work for the heavy weight motivational speaker Iron Will. He was ready to show what years of heavy weight muscle training can do! But I guess it just wasn't much compared to Fold." Elusive adds. Elusive shrugs and gets up to interview Fold, except Fold doesn't even stick around for that part. He coldly ignores her and returns to the backstage area, brushing her off completely. Elusive looks surprised and then saddened that her interview was rejected.

"Oh, well... No time for an interview, I guess? Fillies and Gentlecolts, this concludes the first round of matches for the finals The next round of matches are as follows~!" Elusive announces as the staff bring in an updated chart.

Nddvglj.png

"Before we begin, we'd like to make an announcement. The judges have been talking and have come to an agreement. To speed things along, there is going to a change in venue for the remaining round of matches." Elusive adds.

Edited by Oni Equine
  • Brohoof 2

@Oni Equine

---

At that moment, Keen jumps into the couch between Shadow and Trilby, “Ah, you worrisome colt,” she gave Trilby a grin similar to a cat, her energetic personality now fully restored, “worrying too much might hurt your head. Just try to relax and play some board games with me and Shadow!’ she glances at Shadow, then back at Trilby.

• Brohoof 2

@Oni Equine

"It is probably a combination of all of those. I feel like this place is highly unusual. Perhaps this place isn't natural to the surrounding world. I don't know how long this town has existed but it most certainly feels like it isn't really meant to be here, so to speak. We need to find out the history on this place. Perhaps we should head towards the town hall or a library. See if they have any information. With that we could at least rule out certain possibilities." Opia spoke to Starlight calmly, she smiled back but it was only for a brief second.

@Oni Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad @Kronos the Revenant @Reality Check 

That was it? Nothing. Samurai didn't say anything further to Alhimar. Alhimar felt like Samurai was also lying to him about friendship since he had so quickly moved on from him. Alhimar quickly removed himself from the bustle of the environment and headed to the porta potties set up in the arena for the visitors to use. It was a fairly large environment and there had to be public facilities after all. Thankfully there wasn't a line and there was a porta potty available to be used.

Alhimar proceeded inward and thankfully it was clean. While he was in there he thought about the events that had just transpired. With a long sigh he stood there and thought that he should let it all die down. Maybe they would all forget that Alhimar was there completely and they would forget how 'wrong' he was. In his mind, he was doing what it takes to win. Samurai and the other fighters clearly had the support of 'morality' on their side. He felt so terribly wronged by it that he was unlikely to forgive it all so easily with a few words at the end of a fight.

Something also crossed his mind. Would it be possible to come in and want a rematch? Not likely as of yet. Perhaps he would find within himself the bravery to face whoever had won. With that in mind he would proceed to do his business and would sit down. He could hear the loud sounds of the tournament outside of the porta potty he was in and he would fold out the vials in his coat of various mixtures. Looking to his neurotoxins he would pop the cap off of what he had left and combine it with some of the others. This was a far more potent mixture - but also one he had the antidote for. Of course, he wasn't here to genuinely hurt anyone.

Mixing the mixture around inside of the vial it turned from a dirty green to a sickly orange color. From what he knew, this mixture was at least twice as powerful although it could take a bit longer to set in due to the way he had it concocted. Taking out his other vials he would proceed to tinker around with the percentages of each vial he had and added in certain ingredients that would enhance each one. The ones he used in the tournament? Those no longer existed, for he had combined and created new ones in the time spent within the porta potty. They would be his tools to use in the future and perhaps more than that. Feeling so vastly wronged, he knew that he had to challenge the last remaining fighter in the tournament. He had no idea who it would be but had hoped he would be able to face Samurai again in the future. It was time to buckle down, and go forward with his plans despite his cowardly nature. He knew that well, didn't he? 

After being within the porta potty for long enough to completely miss the announcements that had just been made he would hide his vials within his coat again. He was going to observe the moves and actions of the fighters ahead. If he was going to beat these fighters here, he had to observe every single action and movement they had performed. With that in mind he would exit the porta potty, a long line had formed outside of it due to the amount of time he took.

Proceeding up into the stands he would blend himself in with the crowd. Pulling out his notes, he would jot down every single detail about Samurai. From his moves, his strengths, to his weaknesses. Alhimar would also note down his own actions in the previous events as well and how successful were. Running through some calculations, he would jot down success to failure rates of each move he made. One thing was clear, on paper he would have won if it wasn't for Samurai's sheer willpower. Morale and emotions were something Alhimar didn't properly consider. He knew very well from his failure to consider that, after all.

With his pencil and paper at the ready and the page flipped, he was ready to note down what would occur next. He was extremely focused, his mind calculating and analyzing every detail. From the size of the arena, even to the weather conditions. He was about to cover every variable and would run it through his calculator, and his abacus for good measure. As an alchemist, he was a skilled mathematician to boot.  

Work smarter. Not harder. That was his motto previously, but why not work smarter and harder at the same time? 

@Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad @ExplosionMare @Frisk @Reality Check @Ragland Tiger

"Bingo happy to meet Final." Bingo replied. 

Thundy looked at the last fight of the first round fight. "Sheeeeesh. That Fold guy pulled something that Meta Knight from Kirby would do. He's gonna be a tough one to fight, and by the looks of the updated brackets, he'll be fighting Sam. That first round took forever. Let's see how the proceeding rounds would go. Gotta be a way to make it more efficient..." Thundy commented. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-10-19 at 5:16 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

He soon understood that this was something he'd come to understand or work to an understanding. "I guess I become panicked or worry if I did something wrong is because I don't want to ruin the friendships and relationships I have now. Knowing who my true friends are, I really want to work hard to show how much you all mean to me, you know?" He gave a nervous/shy blush on his cheeks, while rubbing the back of his neck with his free front hoof.

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine @ExplosionMare @Frisk @Courageous Thunder Dash @Reality Check

"Y-y-you are a thoughtful and ca-ca-caring pony, even with your m-m-m-m-mistakes," said Bluebell, and gave Dynamo a kiss on the cheek.

Edited by Ragland Tiger

@Ragland Tiger @ExplosionMare @Oni Equine @Frisk @Reality Check @Kronos the Revenant @Courageous Thunder Dash

As he heard Final bring up video games, Dynamo had gained an expression of worry. "I never really noticed that before, but I hope that's not a bad thing. If it is, then please let me know." He looked towards the ground, while trying to figure out his reasoning. "Video games really do mean a lot to me. Whenever I play, I feel like I'm on that same adventure as the character. Whenever I battle in a fighting game, I feel like I become that character. Along with building a sort of bond or connection with the character whenever you're in a story. I know it might sound weird, but video games were the only thing I had when growing up. Since I didn't have friends, I was pretty much focused on practicing to improve in my gaming. Along with competing in tournaments, I feel like I'm able to understand other gamer's a bit better. In the heat of competition, no words need to be said. The way you play, the way you think, the way you react. It's like both players are able to get a better understanding of each other through a simple bout. Video games were also the reason I was able to gain my cutie mark and discover the magic I had inside me." He looked up, while hoping his explanation helped to answer Final's question.

As Reality had brought up the mention of who was Cosmic, Dynamo's expression faltered slightly. Upon hearing Final's thoughts, Dynamo nodded in agreement. "You're right about that, Finn. Also, I don't blame you for asking Reality. You weren't there when everything had happened at the tournament earlier. As for Cosmic, I knew him when I was a younger colt. Someone that I thought was a friend had turned out to be the opposite. He and his two teammates, Frozen and Cheap, are a couple of bullies who put me through a lot. To the point I never really knew what friendship truly was. They came by to this town to compete in the tournament, but I think they were after me. They managed to turn the entire town against me and ostracize me. However, I soon learned that there were true friends that didn't want to give up on me." He explained, looking at everyone around him that was there for him. Smiling softly, he looked back to the mint green unicorn. "I-I hope the explanation was okay. I know that once this tournament is over, I want to tell them everything when it comes to my past and Cosmic. If you'd like to know, then I wouldn't mind if you joined us, Reality."

In the gym,

@Oni Equine

As Cosmic had seen his teammate, Frozen had reappeared in the gym, the neon green unicorn was completely baffled. He told Frozen to take a dive, but it didn't seem to be the case. He was about to yell at his pegasus teammate, before hearing Fold's voice. Seeing the giant arachnid stand up, the group noticed Fold disappearing into the shadows as everything turned silent. "I guess it's his turn now to fight. On that note..." He would say, before proceeding to discuss with his teammate on following directions.

In the arena,

As Samurai gave his speech and left, Dynamo smiled as he waved to his friend and brother, before he entered the waiting area once more. Hearing his speech felt inspiring as it reminded him of the tournaments he competed in. Some he would win, while others he came close, and others he didn't do so well. Even so, he had to remember that it was all a learning experience in order to do better in his fights. No sooner did Samurai leave, did a new fighter appear in the ring. This time being a goat, who looked ready to begin the next match. Dynamo thought he heard the swipe of a sword, before blinking as Henry had fallen out of the ring. "W-What...?" His jaw dropped as the fight had just started, but it was already over. Looking over towards the winner, who was now known as Fold. Dynamo's expression soon changed as his eyes shrank, while he began to shake. "A s-s-sp-sp-sp..." He stuttered out, before quickly ducking behind Bluebell. "I-I'm sorry, you guys. I-I just can't believe there are some s-s-spiders that look like that. I didn't even know there were ones that could be that huge!" He exclaimed in a hushed whisper. "I-I promise I'm not t-trying to be r-rude. I-It's just that s-spiders are something that I'm deathly afraid of. I-I'm just glad that I didn't get paired up a-against Fold. O-Otherwise, I don't think I-I'd be up to fight." He shook his head as he felt a chill running down his spine.

As Fold began to make his way back into the waiting area, Dynamo looked over his girlfriend's shoulder as he breathed a sigh of relief. Just as the updated bracket was being shown, Dynamo's eyes glanced over towards his friend and brother, before nodding slightly in agreement. "I-I think I recall seeing something like that in the Super Smash Brothers games. I think it's his final smash attack where he flips his cape, before making a quick slash, or something along those lines. I heard the sound of a sword slash, but I don't think there was any swords. Unless there's something we didn't notice." He would say, noticing that Fold was going to go up against Sam. "I just hope that Onii-san will be okay. I know he's strong, but Fold seems to be on a different level." He says, before looking over to Bluebell. As he felt the kiss upon his cheek, he cheeks blushed red once more as he gave a soft smile. "T-Thank you, Bluebell. It really does mean a lot to hear you say that. I want to take the thoughts and feelings of others into account as I feel as if I can relate, in a way. That, and because I care about you and the others. If there's one thing I won't do, it's that I won't turn my back on those that I care about." He says, returning the affection as he kissed Bluebell on the cheek.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Starforce @Oni Equine @Courageous Thunder Dash @Ragland Tiger

“Oh, currently Firelight and Stellar Flare are in charge of the committee. Firelight is Starlight’s dad and he is a big traditionalist while Stellar Flare is Sunburst’s mom, and she likes to move along with the modern times. Both outlooks are really cool, but they tend to cause disagreements from time-to-time. Nothing terrible that would tear the town apart or anything, though.

You’re right, Dynamo, worries are just something you have to work through. I can definitely understand not being able to read a room right. Sometimes I misread social cues on an embarrassing level and everyone just ends up confused. All you can really do is apologize and see if things can be talked out. Don’t feel bad about your worries, though, you can’t always help them. You know we’re here to listen if you have any of them.” Pencil replied, finding the current subject matters to be of interest. She understood all of Dynamo’s concerns and didn’t want him to get weighed down by anything. She certainly knew what it was like to get buried under worry. When Dynamo became sentimental, Pencil gave him a sheepish smile. She definitely felt the same about her group of friends.

Sparkly gave Dynamo a friendly nod and smile. She was glad that Dynamo was beginning to understand her thought process. That was the first step in teaching others about everything she knew.

“It’s interesting to hear about your passion for video games, Dynamo. It reminds me of why I got into drawing. It seems silly to most, but there is a lot of meaning and passion behind true works of art. That’s what I always want to convey in my artwork.” she replied to Dynamo as he was speaking to Finn. She looked down when she said her last sentence.

“Do not be afraid of the giant arachnid, Dynamo. It is unusual, yes, but so are the various ‘Pokémon’ along with other strange creatures we have seen thus far.” Sparkly said in order to comfort the frightened stallion as he looked towards the arena.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine @Ragland Tiger @Frisk @Reality Check 

"Yea, that move..." Thundy said, noticing Dynamo hide when he saw Fold was a spider. He gently picked up Dynamo and held him close. "It's okay bro, don't be scared. Spiders are pretty cool creatures actually. Yes they may look scary with those eight legs and stuff, but I love seeing how they weave their webs and balloon from a single thread of spider silk." I had a daddy longlegs one time, but I released it back into the wild." Thundy explained still holding Dynamo close. 

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Starlight continues to look around. "I guess so, I just don't want to miss something important. Something like... LIKE THAT!" Suddenly startled, she points out at the tournament grounds. They are glowing with a magic aura, and it is changing shape slightly. Starlight almost runs off, but faces Opia again. "Sorry, we'll go to the library before the day is over, I promise! But I have to check this out first and make sure everything is okay. See ya!" Starlight says before running off.

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad, @Kronos the Revenant

In the arena,

"The judges have decided that the matches up 'til now have been progressing rather slowly. And so, to make things interesting, and to move things along faster, we are now going to observe two matches at the same time. And so, everypony in the stands, please hang on to your seats and don't panic! This is where the FUN begins!!" Elusive announces.

Immediately, the staff begin to concentrate their magic, and the tournament grounds begin to change! The stands holding the audience grow and expand outwards.
The white-tiled arena is pushed to one side, and not too far next to it, a 2nd arena is made! This one is black-tiled to make it visually different. Both arenas are in equal size.
Additional pallets of grass are placed down to make up for new amount of space acquired.
When the renovations finish, the staff stop using their magic.

"Does everypony see what we're going for now? Hope that wasn't too startling for you! So now that you understand, we'll label the white one Arena A, and we'll label the new black one Arena B. Naturally, the rules are still the same. So even if a fighter lands in the opposite arena, the one they aren't suppose to be fighting in, they'll be disqualified just the same. With that said, listen up fighters! Will Kronos and Greed please report to Arena A! Furthermore, will Dynamo and Wrath please report to Arena B! Once again, Kronos, Greed, Dynamo, and Wrath; please report to your respective arenas!" Elusive announces before taking her seat with the judges once more.

Backstage where no one can see, Samurai is in the medical wing getting magically healed after his fight. But he raises his head when he hears the rumbling of renovations. "Hmm? Wonder what that's about..." Furthermore, Fold returns to the gym area and takes a seat, but he knows there won't be much time for chitchat with Cosmic. In fact, less than he realizes~

In the stands,

Final smiles and nods. "Well said, Dynamo. I could never judge a friend for being passionate about something. Look at me. I wouldn't be a time traveling scientist if I wasn't passionate about it. And another thing, I-- Oh!! Hello!!"

Final's words are cut off when the staff starts to magically move things around and remodel the place on sight. Usually, this would be a dangerous thing; but because magic was used to make this happen, everyone's all right. "Wow, they worked fast on that. You know, I bet they should have hired you to do that, Thundy. I bet you could have done all that faster and safer." Final says.

About that time, a pony joins the group. "Is everypony okay?! I came as soon as I saw this place magically moving around!" It's Starlight Glimmer! "Also, did I hear somepony mention my dad?" This is an interesting addition, but for Dynamo, he won't really have time to catch up with her. His name has just been announced.

@Zombie Breeze

Trilby's eyes light up. "Board games?! I didn't know there were board games here! What's there to pick from? Chess? Checkers? Monopoly? Scrabble? Connect Four Bits? I'm pretty good at board games. I am also pretty good at jigsaw puzzles too." Trilby says, feeling like a foal again.

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

"What was that?" Opia had no chance to react to Starlight before she ran off. Before Opia could even blink Starlight was gone. Yet another strange reaction to say the least. First off there were griffons that asked extremely personal questions, time travelers that randomly barge into conversations, and now someone who would just run off? That left Opia feeling very confused and quite frankly rather left out. The only one who she really opened up to was Mayor Black. He even seemed like he wanted to barge in and shut down the whole affair currently going on, at least that is what Opia had felt. It seemed as though every interaction she has had either turned really weird, or that was just seemingly abandoned by someone she wanted to talk to.

"...Perhaps I better go it alone from here." she closed her eyes tightly after those quiet words and left the library. If she was going to be left behind like that, than perhaps she will abandon her idea of finding out more about the town's curse. If she was going to just be left behind like that, than it wasn't in her best interest to involve herself further. Even further, why bother helping if you just get left behind? Another loose end, just like everything else. Her trust was evidently misplaced. 

Her expression was the same however, she bore no reaction. Finding a garden with some rather wilted flowers nearby her horn would glow. A gentle green glow would wrap itself around each flower individually. The flowers and the garden would sprout back to life even more beautiful before. So many shades and wonderful colors would arise. Opia sniffed the flowers and smiled longingly. Moving onward, she would proceed to do the same for each garden slowly. If only as a way to distract her from what just happened with Starlight. 

Nobody seemed to appreciate the wildlife that much. Neither did anyone seem to appreciate her either. Despite the beauty of wildlife and flowers nobody really noticed them.

Just like her. 

Alhimar was here to listen this time. Listening to the words of Elusive he was most certainly impressed. As the 2nd arena had folded out he jotted down notes about its construction and the way it looked. His pencil was moving so fast he could swear that he could feel the paper burning! If anything, the new Arena was probably one of the most impressive things he had ever seen. Jotting down the rules as well was what he also did. He had to account for every single factor there was. Acute observation was a must.

With a whole new page flipped to he would proceed to jot down figures and stats he knew about the various fighters. He didn't only study up on Samurai himself. He knew everyone here up to a point. His notebook was fully dedicated to studying the affairs of these fighters. Two arenas with two fights was going to be hard to keep up with to say the least. He had to ensure no distractions and moved away from the area.

Alhimar moved to a rather isolated section of the stands where nobody was sitting and sat inside of an empty garbage can. This garbage can was nowhere near any other ponies or attenders of the tournament. The lid of the garbage can gave Alhimar a focused view on the two arenas with added adjustments so he could get a full view of the two arenas. He also removed the bag of the garbage can and stuck it underneath the bleachers. at least the garbage can itself was clean.

With his pencil and paper ready as well as his focus he was ready. May the fights begin.

@Oni Equine @Dynamo Pad

Kronos growled under his snarl as he was called up to the arena. 

Time for yours, you sunuvabich, Kronos thought to himself, No mercy for you.

Kronos marched his way towards his designated arena and caught sight of his upcoming opponent. He squinted his eyes in anticipation of his fight. He clenched his fists so hard that they made audible creaking and groaning from the force being exerted on the metal of his arms. 

Not too soon, son, Kaiser advised, Wait until the match. 

He finally steps into his designated arena. He lets out a ferocious roar to hype up the crowd for his fight. 

• Brohoof 2

@Ragland Tiger @Courageous Thunder Dash @Frisk @Oni Equine @ExplosionMare @Dynamo Pad

Reality was a bit saddened by what he heard, knowing that Dynamo used to have friends that didn't actually care for him and that they had the town against him was more than enough to make him feel pitiful.

He thought about it for a short while before responding back. "I'll... consider it..."

• Brohoof 1

As he listened to Pencil's explanation, Dynamo had tilted his head at the names that were listed. Upon hearing Starlight and Sunburst, Dynamo's eyes widened slightly in realization. "Oh! Now I remember! Starlight had mentioned about her dad before, but I don't believe that she told me of his name. She did tell me a bit about Sunburst the time she and I met, but I don't think his mom was mentioned either. I'm not sure if there was any particular reason as to why, but I do remember one thing. Starlight had told me that her dad could be a bit embarrassing. Something along the lines of acting overprotective and treating her like a foal when she was an adult mare. I felt bad for her, but I could understand where she was coming from." He explains, giving a reassuring nod to the purple unicorn mare. "That's true and you make a good point, Pencil. It's good to at least talk about one's worries instead of bottling it up. Otherwise, it'll end up becoming too much to handle, before the bottle breaks with all of your worries going out of control. Thank you for telling me that and the feeling is mutual. If you have any worries, then I and everyone else here are here to hear you out." He smiled, knowing that he would still talk to his friends about everything when the time came. 

"It's always good to have something that you're passionate about. Gives you that sort of drive to work hard to accomplish a dream of sorts. What you said is something I don't find silly. I think it's a great reason to get into art and drawing. I've had my fair share of drawings made or even seen some that look breathtaking. Whether it's a beautiful background or something detailed in the drawing that one might not notice right away. It's those kinds of things that show how passionate and hard working an artist can be." Looking over towards Reality, Dynamo gave the mint green unicorn a look of understanding, before nodding. "Okay and thank you for hearing me out, Reality." He says, turning towards Sparkly to Thundy on the mention of his now known fear. "I'm glad my thought process of what Fold did wasn't too far off. I remember hearing mention that Meta Knight was too powerful and was banned in certain tournaments." He noted, before being picked up by Thundy and was held close. "I think I get what you mean, Sparkly, but I feel like it's a bit different. I know there are some arachnid Pokemon, but as weird as it sounds from me? They aren't as scary as real life arachnids. It's just that arachnids creep me out and I can't stand being near one. So, is it okay if we don't talk about them? Just the name of them makes my spine tingle in fear." He explained with a shudder.

He was brought out of his thoughts as Elusive had made a sudden announcement. Raising an eyebrow in confusion, Dynamo tilted his head slightly. "Two matches at the same time? H-How would something like that be even possible?" He asks, before suddenly getting his question answered. The staff began concentrating their magic, while the grounds began to shift and change. "Woah! Hang on, you guys!" He exclaimed as the stands grew and expanded outwards. Once the preparations were completed, the staff had soon made another ring. This time, however, black-tiles were used to make a difference between the white-tiled arena. "Okay...that answers my question. I got to say I like the idea of another arena. I can imagine trying to stay out of bounds is going to be more of a challenge. Especially, if you happen to land in the other arena you're not fighting in." He notes, before turning his attention over towards Final. "That's a relief and thanks for the kind words, Finn. I think it's pretty cool that you're passionate about science and time travel." He was about to continue listening to Final, but he stopped when the stand and second arena was created. 

It was then that Starlight had made her presence known to the group. "Oh! Hey, Starlight!" Dynamo smiled, waving at his friend with a smile. "Eeyup and everything is okay. A bit surprising, but everything is okay for the most part. The first round took a while, so it looks like they made a second arena for the fights to progress more quickly." He explained, nodding once more at the question of her dad. "Pencil was telling me about Sire's Hollow and how your dad and Sunburst's mom are trying to keep the town traditional, while trying to modernize it." He didn't have much time to discuss more as his ears perked at the sudden announcement of fight parings. He remembered that Kronos and Cheap were up first. With the addition of the new arena, however, Dynamo gulped as he heard his name, as well as Cosmic's were called. Getting out of Thundy's hold, Dynamo took a deep breath, before exhaling shakily. "I-It looks like I'm up you guys. I guess I'll be first to try out the new arena." He chuckled slightly to try to defuse the tension. It still didn't take away the trembling he felt throughout his body.

In the gym,

As the announcement was made for the group to hear, the gym, as well as the other rooms in the building had shook from the sudden change. Frozen had merely floated to keep from falling, while Cosmic had used his magic to stick to the ground. Cheap, however, had tripped like he had slipped on a banana peel. All the while, shouting in frustration at his teammates uses of staying standing. Not long after the rumbling started, the movement ceased. Allowing the unicorn and pegasus to stop the use of their wings and horn respectively. "I wonder what they had in mind?" Frozen asks, while the burgundy earth pony had managed to pick himself back up. "Well, whatever it is, they better let me still fight! I want to make sure I tear that scrapheap piece from piece." Cheap scoffed as he fixed his mane by slicking it back. Cosmic was about to open his mouth, but stopped as he heard that an extra arena was built for the fights to go by more smoothly. Hearing that there was an extra ring had meant one thing and one thing only. He grinned as the announcement that both he and Dynamo would be fighting next, as well. "Well, what do you know? It looks like I get to fight Kyubiki a lot sooner than expected. Now that's what I call the stars aligning and shining down upon me." He chuckled, before looking at his teammates. "I guess we both get what we want, then. I get to fight Kyubiki now and you get to fight that robotic freak of nature. I'd suggest you get a front side seat, Frozen. You're going to enjoy the show. It's too bad that you can't fight alongside us. Perhaps you'll have fun getting into that griffon's head, before taking another win. Even though you were supposed to take a dive." Cosmic responded, muttering the last part under his breath. Sighing, the pegasus could only shake his head. "You still won't let that go? I told you before that they had to go help someone and forfeited. So, it's like I had no choice in the matter." 

Rolling his eyes as he didn't want to hear it, Cosmic started making his way to the front door. "Oh, whatever. Blah, Blah, Blah! Who even cares!? It's not like it matters, anyway. We'll still win and it's still strength in numbers. Let's go, Cheap! We have some matches to win." As he starting making his way out of the gym, Cheap saluted, before rushing after their leader. "You've got it boss!" Frozen sighed, shaking his head as he walked towards the destination of the waiting area. Knowing that he'd be up next to fight after the battles between his team and Dynamo.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Kronos the Revenant @Dynamo Pad @Frisk @Oni Equine @Reality Check @ExplosionMare

"Well, glad that two fights are gonna take place. Now I get to see double karma." Thundy said with a smile. "...Anyway guys, I gotta head back to the fighters area. See you later everyone. Behave yourself Bingo while I'm gone." Thundy said looking at Bingo. "Bingo will behave himself for Thundy." Bingo replied. Bingo noticed Dynamo and Cosmic about to fight. "Go Dynamo! Defeat Cosmic pony!" Bingo shouted with a howl. Chelsea chuckled at this. 

@Courageous Thunder Dash @Kronos the Revenant @Ragland Tiger @Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine

Necry, who woke up from another nap in his cute Dawn Wings Forme, decided to take a flight to the ocean to practice his Moongeist Beam attack. Once there he gathered moonlight within his body, took the attack formation, and blasted out into space, then called it back before it went too far, hitting him to raise his stats sharply.¨Hmm, I could use this strategy one day against an opponent...Next attack, Photon Geyser.¨ The psychic energy required to used this move was high, but Necry could best use it in Dawn Wing form. He blasted the shot into the ocean, and it his the ocean floor, causing a slight eruption.¨All right, time for my next attack, Dragon Pulse.¨ His Dragon Pulses often dealt more damage than usual, so he shot it high in the sky, and countered his own attack as it came down with Heat Wave.¨Alright there is my moveset. Time to head back...¨

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Mayor Black sighs. "Well, I think I've seen all I need to see. This was kind of inspiring. If there is time, I may come back and watch the last match. But for now, I do have things I need to do." He gets up from his seat in the stands and takes his leave, making sure no one sees him. After all, if no one cares about his presence in the tournament, he might as well go do something productive.

As he leaves the tournament grounds and walks out into the town, being very selective of the path he takes, there is every chance he could get spotted by Opia or Alhimar.

@Frisk

The nearest 'ocean' is a body of water just outside Friendshire. But as he practices his moves and abilities, Necry soon hears something. Coming out of woods is some kind of big, bulking white leopard. But not just any leopard; this one has certain cybernetic limb attachments. With every step he takes, some of the ground turns into frozen sheets of ice under his feet. The spaces between his metal joins occasionally expel a cold mist. Truly he looks like a cursed soul, yet the permanent scowl on his face looks more of anger or displeasure rather than sorrow. The mighty creature huffs. "In all my travels, I haven't met a creature like you before... Tell me stranger, do you have a name, and do you have a purpose in life?" He asks with a deep yet dignified voice. His question seems calm and reasonable, yet the aura around him is rather predatory, like a beast ready to pounce if necessary.

@Reality Check, @Frisk, @Ragland Tiger, @Courageous Thunder Dash, @ExplosionMare, @Dynamo Pad, @Kronos the Revenant

In the stands,

Starlight nods, taking in the information. "Well, as long as everypony is okay, that's all that matters." She hears Dynamo's name being called out by the announcer/news mare. "Dynamo, I think you're up, buddy." Starlight says with a smirk. Final nods and pats Dynamo's shoulder. "They won't wait forever. Go get 'em, Dynamo! Show them what you're really made of." Final says, cheering him on. "I suppose if everypony is talking about my dad and my hometown, I can stick around and answer some questions. I think I just might want to see this match Dynamo's in as well." Starlight adds.

Final notices Thundy leaving. "All right, then. Take care, Thundy!" He looks over at Bingo, feeling more at ease. "So Bingo, what's it like being a Diamond Dog? Can I pet you?"

Starlight and Final also notice Necry wake up and leave with little to no warning. "...Well, that was sudden." Final says.

In Arena A,

It isn't long before Kronos and Greed/Cheap are both in the same arena. However...

In Arena B,

Cosmic is clearly the first to enter, but the judges are waiting for his opponent. "Dynamo Pad, please report to Arena B, or else your absence will be considered a forfeit." Straightaway commentates.

@Courageous Thunder Dash

When Thundy returns backstage, he should be able to find Samurai in the medical wing easily. The door is wide open and Samurai's healing session is almost over.

• Brohoof 2

@Oni Equine

Alhimar would easily spot Mayor Black. Knowing who Mayor Black is an idea crossed his mind. What if instead of obsessing over the tournament he could go up to him and approach him about becoming a new mayor? While such an idea might be ludicrous to most, Alhimar was a zebra who was full of innovative ideas and unique thinking. The arenas were barely starting up and Alhimar could afford some time away from the arena for a bit. One could easily consider it a break. 

Another idea crossed his mind, what if Alhimar were to host his intentions in front of the entire tournament? That way any potential reputation he has could easily be broadcasted over the entire town's population. That of the fighters, too. Most especially Samurai. He wanted to do something that could get Samurai's attention. Part of it was just a cry for attention from someone he wanted to be friends with, the other part was obviously his egotistical side. Either way, it would work out in his favor. He had to do it! 

Remembering a phrase from his father that was something along the lines of "seize your day." he would smirk at that and would fold his notebook and pencil away into his coat and exit the garbage can. Quickly he would follow Mayor Black and would quickly catch up to him. His heart was racing with pure adrenaline as he approached the mayor.

With a nervous laugh and an awkward gesture Alhimar would initiate a conversation. "Hey! Uh, Mayor Black, is it? I have a few ideas for the future. Would you mind hearing me out? I know I probably wasn't the proudest of fighters in the Arena today but I have something serious I would like to make an an announcement about over the microphone of the tournament. Would it be at all possible for you to put a good word in for me and have them allow me get over the mic? Perhaps I could even be an additional commentator on the Arena events themselves." he proposed in an almost bargaining manner with a nervous yet sly grin across his face. 

Meanwhile Opia was walking by after she had brought life back to several gardens and flowers in the village. Mayor Black would also likely take notice of this. Opia had made a necklace from several flowers and put a few of them in her mane to make herself look quite beautiful. Despite this, her ghostly appearance reigns through and send shivers down Alhimar's spine who shook a bit at the sight of the strange mare. But he was also intrigued.

"Oh! Uh, hi there. Who might you be? I haven't seen you around these parts." Alhimar began while Opia stared into his eyes emotionlessly.

"My name is Opia." she responded.

"Ah yes, I am Alhimar. I am an Alchemist." he extends his hoof and Opia shook his hoof slowly. Opia turned to Mayor Black.

"That mare known as Starlight Glimmer was onto something relating to curse magic around in this town. She ran off suddenly and left me behind which was quite rude on her part however she did have a very good point. Are either of you aware of any curse magic around here?" Opia asked calmly.

"Not really, no. That is a very interesting observation to say the least. Honestly, something seemed fishy here ever since I came here. I was too focused on the tournament to really realize it though. Perhaps we all could uh, work together on that! After uh, my speech at the tournament if that is acceptable..." Alhimar looked to Mayor Black as if wanting him to confirm that.

Opia nodded silently. 

• Brohoof 1

@Oni Equine

Seeing the creature surprised Necry, for this new face was reminding him of a Kyurem...¨Yes...My name is Necrozma, the Prism Pokémon, but my birth name is Necry...¨

He was questioning this creature in his mind, for if it tried to attack, it would be fatal if this thing tried to attack...so to make himself more ferocious, he swapped from Dawn Wing Forme to Dusk Mane Necrozma, hoping to not start a fight.¨I may be a young one, but I can fight when threatened...¨Necry proclaimed, then said,¨I don´t get what you mean by my purpose in life, for it was destroyed when my Dusk Mane species was eliminated by the enemy Dawn Wings species...¨ Sorrow filled the young Necrozma´s eyes...

• Brohoof 1

@Starforce

Mayor Black is startled a little when Alhimar approaches him, but he keeps walking. "Settle down, kid. You want to draw attention to me? The last thing I want is the paparazzi all over me." He says before looking a little closer at Alhimar while listening to his requests. "...Do I know you? You seem familiar."

As they walk and talk, they run into Opia. "Oh, there you are, Opia. I can't say what this Starlight pony is up to, barely even know who she is. But I thought you'd like to know, I'm going back to the office for now." Mayor Black says. Then a comment she made interests him. "Did you say curse magic?" He asks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Frisk

The strange leopard smirks at Necry's transformation. "Fascinating." Despite the ominous aura surrounding him, the leopard does not attack. "I see... So you have been wronged in life. I too have been wronged in life. My hideous form is proof of that, and I have met many along the way who have also been wronged... Outcasts! Strangers to a society that values a certain level of perfection. So I'll make you an offer, Necry... Join me and my loyal army! I will give you focus. I will give you purpose! And furthermore, I will help you get revenge. This I can promise on my very name. I am Snow Leopard; and I would appreciate having you as an ally."

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad @Oni Equine

“I could see how being overly protective can be annoying. Starlight’s the type of pony who really just wants to go out and do things on her own. Sunburst’s mother is controlling in her own way as well. She likes to make plan after plan without anypony else’s input. That being said, they are nice and helpful ponies, they just need to do better at cooperating with one another,” Pencil replied. “Oh, yes, I agree with you about the worries. I tried to hold in all my worries before and it just…it…yeah.”

Pencil Pouch nodded and smiled as Dynamo shared his thoughts about her passion for art and drawing. She was glad he didn’t think it was silly or a waste of time. A lot of time and dedication went into art and she was glad that Dynamo was someone who saw that.

“You could say I have a passion for history, geography, astrology, really anything about discovering the world,” Sparkly chimed in. “I learn about it because I have this need to learn more. I dedicate myself to teaching others about it so they can feel the same passion as I do. It is highly important to be curious about the world and ask many questions.”

She took a pause when she noticed the visible fear on Dynamo’s face. She didn’t see how the arachnid would be that terrifying but if he really hated it that much, it was best to drop the subject. She made no further comment on the spider.

Both unicorns startled as the arena began to magically shift. Instead of just one arena, there were now two separate ones. According to the announcer, two fights were going to occur at once. Pencil scratched her head, unsure how she would be able to watch both at the same time. Sparkly sensed this and told her,

“You can look back and forth between the fights. You don’t have to force yourself to watch both simultaneously.”

Once the arena transformation was over, Pencil noticed a lavender unicorn approach the group. As she got closer, Pencil realized it was none other than Starlight Glimmer! She waved and announced,

“Hi, Starlight Glimmer, nice to see you again! I don’t know if you remember but I’m Pencil Pouch. I actually live in your hometown. Now that you mention questions, I do have some. First off, are your dad and Sunburst’s mom going to make some kind of decision for the town? They keep going back and forth on what to do.”

“Greetings, Starlight Glimmer. It is nice to see you again. If you would like, I can answer any questions you have as well.” Sparkly spoke up.

Pencil stood up briefly as Dynamo made his way to the tournament. She gave him a small wave and said,

“Good luck, Dynamo! You’ll do great!”

@Oni Equine

Alhimar looked into Mayor Black's eyes with a longing fondness as he smiled at the statement that Mayor Black had. Opia remained quiet, no doubt allowing him to speak first. Alhimar took note of this and spoke. "I am the one who faced Samurai Equine in the arena. I was the one with the illusions and the potions, the one who made an illusion of me that was multiple stories tall..." he spoke as if telling an ancient tale. "And I am also the one who made a critical mistake in my plans. If not for that, I would have won. I didn't account for his unwillingness to give up and to give in. While my potions were flawless, my lack of foresight sure wasn't." he sighed and got to the point.

"You know a lot of ponies don't understand you. They think you are selfish, crude and rude but I think differently. I see those traits as needed because if you don't have that and simply give away all you have you have is nothing but regret. But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't give...when it counts that is. So with that in mind, I'd like to give a speech in the Tournament about this and about the lack of credit they have given you. I also have other things in mind too, but I'm going to give your due credit before everyone." he spoke with a sly, yet almost parting bow. 

Opia now would speak. "Starlight was speaking about the presence of unusual magics and possible curse magics within the town. She told me about how others were unable to enter or leave the town, and felt as though it was unusual for a town to have two mayors instead of one. She makes several valid points even though she ran off suddenly. I am inclined to believe that she was telling the truth, however." she stated calmly, raising an eyebrow at Alhimar slighty.

Alhimar looked to Opia. "Hmm, that is quite curious of that. Perhaps I will include that in my speech as well, to get everyone aware of it." he spoke, with emphasis on his word. Opia was quite pleased by that. 

• Brohoof 1