Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where did this sudden appreciation of Zecora come from?

P0nyguy96

On Deribooru, Twitter, and Deviantart, I noticed a lot more Zecora fanart and on Twitter I saw a few posts about "Zecora Appreciation Week." When and why did this sudden appreciation towards Zecora start. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that people are appreciating her, she's a wonderful character, I'm just saying that is suddenly came out of nowhere. Did I miss something?

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Oleks said:

Probably it has something to do with the upcoming comics or that controversial (racist, to be exact) art piece that was posted on Twitter some time ago.

It's exactly to do with the racist art piece.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Bunch of losers. They are experts in making things “problematic” :dash:

anyway, it’s very likely the reason the sudden surge of popularity for Zecora is because she’ll be a main character in the upcoming and first S10 pony comic. I doubt it’s due to any racist picture. I wouldn’t know of it anyway :dash:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Bunch of losers. They are experts in making things “problematic” :dash:

anyway, it’s very likely the reason the sudden surge of popularity for Zecora is because she’ll be a main character in the upcoming and first S10 pony comic. I doubt it’s due to any racist picture. I wouldn’t know of it anyway :dash:

Cool I have not read the IDW comics. I am guessing the season 10 Comics is like season 10 of the show which is only in comic form?

9 minutes ago, Mirage said:

It looks like your assumption was wrong:

TAGGED: LGBT, MEDIA REPRESENTATION, RACIAL JUSTICE

It was not tagged as satire or opinion or comedy my friend. She was dead serious about her evaluation into the deep dark cerebral intentions of Lauren Faust.

Wow the person that wrote that article must be delusional to think Lauren Faust has those sort of intentions.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Wow the person that wrote that article must be delusional to think Lauren Faust has those sort of intentions.

Careful...calling her delusional could elicit accusations against you for being a bigot, homophobe sexist.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Cool I have not read the IDW comics. I am guessing the season 10 Comics is like season 10 of the show which is only in comic form?

From issue 89, they are advertising it as the tenth season of pastel horses. It will release in April, and will explore Zecora’s homeland

3 minutes ago, Dabmanz said:

Pffff, that’s hardly an isolated issue. There are tons of people of.... questionable sanity, that seek to change society with ridiculous ideas, and simpleminded ways :eww:

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

From issue 89, they are advertising it as the tenth season of pastel horses. It will release in April, and will explore Zecora’s homeland

Pffff, that’s hardly an isolated issue. There are tons of people of.... questionable sanity, that seek to change society with ridiculous ideas, and simpleminded ways :eww:

Cool I have not seen season 9 at least when I finish the show there will still have comics.

Edited by Dabmanz

It’s most definitely in response the recent “fanart” controversy 

Spoiler

depicting AJ as a plantation owner with Zebras, including Zecora, as slaves. Because “lol get it?! She’s from the south!”

It got bad enough for staff members to call it out

• Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Megas said:

It’s most definitely in response the recent “fanart” controversy 

Hide contents

depicting AJ as a plantation owner with Zebras, including Zecora, as slaves. Because “lol get it?! She’s from the south!”

It got bad enough for staff members to call it out

Thanks for the clarification! But it kinda sounds like a joke...

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Mirage said:

Thanks for the clarification! But it kinda sounds like a joke...

This is the guy who originally posted it...

https://twitter.com/RealAnonTheAnon

anon

I literally saw a gif tagged anon with a filly version of the character waving a Nazi flag on Derpibooru as I was typing this...it is obviously an edgy joke designed to piss people off, you guys actually took the bait and gave this attention? :fiery:

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

This is the guy who originally posted it...

https://twitter.com/RealAnonTheAnon

anon

I literally saw a gif tagged anon with a filly version of the character waving a Nazi flag on Derpibooru as I was typing this...it is obviously an edgy joke designed to piss people off, you guys actually took the bait and gave this attention? :fiery:

oh yeah, I saw that one too. I just chuckled at it, because it was clear it was a joke. Didn’t imagined it was made by the same author. I can imagine him when he finished that work like this

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140511071301

3 hours ago, Mirage said:

@CloudMistDragon Thank you so much for that. I don't use Twitter so that helped.

Anon makes fun of all kinds of things...and that was clearly a joke just like the rest of their content. That wasn't racist at all.

Oh yeah. Get away from Twitter. That’s the natural habitat of the chronic victim freaks. They got nothing better to do than look for new ways to get them offended :dash:

Now that we touched the Filly Anon waving the nazi flag. I think there was a thread about Aryanne, the famous nazi pony. Right? Anyway, no one freaked out nearly as much. Besides, her whole origins is just a big joke as well :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 2

52 minutes ago, Fluttershutter said:

I don't know but it's overdue. I'm glad the season 10 comics will have a story with her.

340?cb=20151202051556

She's beautiful!

You know, MLP celebrates culture...that's natural diversity for the world of MLP. I just don't understand how celebrating and tipping the hat to real world culture is offensive!