Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Most boring pony and why?

eddeams

While My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is known for its colorful and memorable cast of characters, some of them just fall flat. Which pony do you think comes off as the most forgettable? Whether they lack personality, character development, or both.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maud Pie, her debut episode was actually really good, her dull and dry personality and made for some really funny exchanges between the rest of the cast, but when they kept bringing her back, it was clear she was a one-note character and wore out her welcome, as for every episode that featured her, the more she showed up, she got much more boring and I was getting sick of her

EDIT: I forgot the Flim Flam Brothers. I thought they were really lame even in their first appearance and it baffles me why the writers loved bringing them back so much

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 5

Fluttershy and Maud Pie. 

Fluttershy is vastly uninteresting and her shyness/quietness is straight up annoying. What’s annoying about it is that so many people go on about how adorable it is when it isn’t. It’s just irritating. I know that’s part of her personality but I have been sick of it since season one. I also say Maud because she would have faired better as a one-time character. Her bluntness and dry sense of humor was funny at first but after dealing with her many times after that, the charm she had to offer is far gone. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd have to pick mudbriar he was nothing, but a nuisance of a character and lacked in everything I know the point of him was to be a stick in the mud and be like Maud Pie, but come on both sticks and mud have more personality :Cozy: the only redemption he had was when he was turned to stone because he literally did nothing so it solved everything. :D

Edited by chaosprincess
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shining Armor is the first to come to mind, also Maud Pie (the entire Pie family to be honest, Pinkie Pie is okay), Big Mac, Fluttershy's parents, Yona, Fancy Pants, Cloudchaser, and Flitter. 

• Brohoof 2

For me it's Rarity. I'm really not into fashion and clothes stuff and I can't remember a single moment where she shows her special virtue (generosity), but I can remember a couple of time when she showed the opposite. So for me she's plain, a bit selfish and obsessed with clothes character

On 3/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Fluttershy is vastly uninteresting and her shyness/quietness is straight up annoying. What’s annoying about it is that so many people go on about how adorable it is when it isn’t. It’s just irritating. I know that’s part of her personality but I have been sick of it since season one

Here comes the holy war

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Bas said:

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are just arrogant spoiled brats for most of the series.

But they do a good job I think. They do what they are supposed to do, fitting their stereotypes.

Princess Cadence, Celestia, and maybe Luna, were really big and popular characters, but they didn't have any power or interesting personalities. They were just "pretty princess ponies" to sell toys, like any generation before G4.

If one were to just give them some episodes, like "A Royal Problem", but in every season, oh boy the fandom would explode in happiness and so would I!

• 10 months later...

The worst pony ever? Spoiled Rich. But the most boring? it would have to be between Flimflam, applejack, pipsqueak or Maud pie. They all have really basic roles, I think maybe I could include rarity in the mix, but she has decent fashion taste so I don't think she deserves on there. In my opinion though, the best pony would have to be gabby the griffin or rainbow dash. Their flaws are that rainbow dash is a pegasus with very big pride, and Gabby needs to take a chill pill at times, she's just too energetic! Other than that, I would love to see your guys' opinions! :D

Flim and Flam in terms of ponies, overall though, definitely the Student Six. :bea: Their episodes bored me to death and ended up being the only times in the entire series where I ever wanted to skip an episode. :mlp_blink: I hated them for taking the spotlight away from characters I actually cared about and it also didn't help that they were such bland, boring characters to begin with. :dry:

• Brohoof 1