Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Sandbar's Special Talent?

Miss

This is something that was never discussed in the show or never brought to light in any form.

Obviously, the turtles are supposed to be some sort of turtles from Finding Nemo reference, and maybe supposed to represents Sandbar's vibe, but like what is his talent? 

Is he good at making ponies feel comfortable? etc. This really bothers me cuz in the finale when he's older he is just in the boutique with Yona and that's it. Doesn't really show anything to call his own or any indication about what he's up to in the future. 

So what are your thoughts? What does his cutie mark represent? What is his special talent? What is he up to in the future? (besides the implication that he's in a romantic relationship with Yona)

(if there is already a topic about this, my bad, I did a search but didn't find anything so hopefully I'm good) 

• Brohoof 3

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Being laid back & spilling things on couches. :blink:

I think it would be really good at not spilling things on couches XD almost doing it! But not. 

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I like to think he’s a surfer or lifeguard. :wub:

Interesting. We do see him swim (tread water) in "non-complete clause" so there's some fuel to the flame.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Latecomer said:

Hmm... perhpas being relaxed and going with the flow? When have we seen him worked up or panicked?

Boom! My answer!

A talent isn't necessarily a job, and staying chill in every situation isn't easy. Therefore, that's the meaning.

3 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Hmm... perhpas being relaxed and going with the flow? When have we seen him worked up or panicked?

Being calm under pressure you say? I mean he did have that nightmare where he's getting worked up over having too many choices XD

Or when the professor's are asking him where he's taking the cupcakes and he gets all sweaty and nervous aha

1 minute ago, Bastian said:

Boom! My answer!

A talent isn't necessarily a job, and staying chill in every situation isn't easy. Therefore, that's the meaning.

See how I responded above. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Misscellanio said:

Being calm under pressure you say? I mean he did have that nightmare where he's getting worked up over having too many choices XD

Or when the professor's are asking him where he's taking the cupcakes and he gets all sweaty and nervous aha

So perhpas not that, then... do turtles have some symbolic meaning? 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

So perhpas not that, then... do turtles have some symbolic meaning? 

First google results say: “peace, endurance, persistence, and longevity”

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

First google results say: “peace, endurance, persistence, and longevity”

I'll say this make sense. It does seem to somehow represent Sandbar. 

• Brohoof 1

maybe the turtles refer to endurance, as the little ones have to walk in the sand without getting eaten for quite a while in order to get in the ocean, not every cutie mark has something to do with a particular talent one has, some just refer to a pony's personality

• Brohoof 1

Young six are just alternative versions of Mane Six, I guess Sandbar's talent must be similar to Fluttershy's, he is good with animals, maybe with turtles or aquatic animals, or as someone else mentioned, it must be something related to ocean. A Cutie Mark is a mix between talent (or specialty) and personality, so it must be something related to the ocean and turtles represent his personality.

Regarding The Last Problem, he is there only because he is Yona's husband (or whatever), that does not mean that he works in the boutique specifically, he could have his own work and he only goes there to accompany Yona.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Idk much about Sandbar or his backstory to be able to pinpoint what his "talent" is, but I assume it actually has nothing to do with turtles. It's possible that the day he got his cutie mark, he was with or around turtles. Or maybe his talent is similar to the behavior of a sea turtle. First time you see Fluttershy without knowing her backstory you'd be like "okay, so her special talent is... being a butterfly? But what does that even mean?" y'know?

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Remaining cool calm and collected under pressure. Like a turtle.

“Haha! Can’t get me, sucker! My shell too big for you!”

0C015978-7C55-40FB-B84F-A407394086FF.gif.7b501bfbaf7b505bd76546acc9145da1.gif

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, Jane said:

Regarding The Last Problem, he is there only because he is Yona's husband (or whatever), that does not mean that he works in the boutique specifically, he could have his own work and he only goes there to accompany Yona.

I never said he works in the boutique. I said it doesn't show anything as to what he does in the future. He could have his own work, but it doesn't she which is what I said.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Remaining cool calm and collected under pressure. Like a turtle.

Refer to my previous comment. 

2 hours ago, Misscellanio said:

See how I responded above. 

• Brohoof 1