Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Vampire' skull found in Italy

Deidre Asada

Like the article said. If burying supposed vampires like this was common during those times. How is it that this was the first one that was forensically examined?

(edited)

Remember one of those times? Like when someone discovered a pygmy elephant skull, he claimed that he found a cyclop? I believe it's one of those times :o

It's not a real vampire as in blood-drinking one like those in the movies tho

E: inb4 twilight saga fans goes to Italy

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Brohoof 6

That's a super cool find, but vampires aren't real. Especially since it was mostly women they found to be the vampires. Someone probably wanted to get revenge on some woman they didn't like so they filed her teeth to look like that and then presented her to whoever the people who upheld the law were. Or she had that disease that makes your teeth very pointed and sharp, grinded their teeth at night, or just were born that way (I've had a few friends whose teeth were like a shark's. Their dentists filed them down).

It's fun to think that cool beings like vampires existed, but there is a reasonable explanation for this.

(edited)

That was just an abusive husband who put a brick in his wife's mouth to shut her up. She continued annoying him, so he threw her into a river and let her drown.

Medieval logic, amiright?

Edited by Guest

Vampires don't exist. They just don't. It's impossible. Now if you found supposed evidence of a Bigfoot body, I'd believe you in a second. After all, is it really that hard to believe that there's just a North American mountain ape that hasn't been discovered yet? (Why do all my posts turn into off topic rants?)

I'm tired of all the dumb articles with blown out of proportion titles.

"VAMPIRE SKULL!!!"

"ZOMBIE ATTACK!!"

-.-'

I for one find them to be quite hilarious, a few kids in my school are absolutely terrified of the zombie thing, it's like the whole 2012 nonsense, it isn't real but it sure is funny seeing those who believe it get terrified.
  • Brohoof 1

That looks like a normal skull with a brick shoved in the mouth. Don't see anything that makes it a vampire. And a human-sized hematophag (hematovore? couldn't find the proper word) would be impossible to survive without magic (which, last time I checked didn't exist) as blood is not very nutritious. Vampire bats, the biggest (or second biggest after lampreys) and only endothermic blood drinker needs to drink blood EVERY 2 DAYS or it dies. It's just not nutritous. Not to mention the time a human need to evolve the abilitiy to accept and digest others blood (don't think 100,000 years would cut it), and survive long enough to have offspring which carry its genes

Vampires don't exist. They just don't. It's impossible. Now if you found supposed evidence of a Bigfoot body, I'd believe you in a second. After all, is it really that hard to believe that there's just a North American mountain ape that hasn't been discovered yet? (Why do all my posts turn into off topic rants?)

A North American ape would need to arrive through the Russia-Alaska land bridge that existed during the Ice Age. Humans only passed because we were smart (or dumb) enough to survive the cold with clothes and lucky enough to find the land bridge. I don't see a non-humanoid ape, which only live in tropical weather, crossing the land bridge, evolving bipedality within a 10-20 thousand year span, and escaping both the fossil record and human records.

Ummm... Did anybody read the article? They didn't even say it was a vampire, all they said was that they found someone who people thought was a vampire hundreds of years ago.

But of course, the skull is probably going to reanimate in a few nights, regenerate its body, and start a vampire apocalypse. I mean, that's just common sense.

• Brohoof 6

Fact:

Count Dracula was real, he was the king of Transylvania, and was booted off the throne and executed. He was buried in a montasary, which was excavated in 1931, nothing there.

Is it possible, this is the real count Dracula that was moved here in Italy?

• Brohoof 1

Ummm... Did anybody read the article? They didn't even say it was a vampire, all they said was that they found someone who people thought was a vampire hundreds of years ago.

But of course, the skull is probably going to reanimate in a few nights, regenerate its body, and start a vampire apocalypse. I mean, that's just common sense.

We can only hope. ^_^

Fact:

Count Dracula was real, he was the king of Transylvania, and was booted off the throne and executed. He was buried in a montasary, which was excavated in 1931, nothing there.

The last time someone was executed, buried, came back to life (supposedly) and escaped his grave, a new religion sprung up worshipping him.

Will history repeat itself?

• Brohoof 1

Italian vampires... Could italian attractive werewolves be far behind?

It would make a much better article if the skull glitters under the sunlight

I was really hoping there could be a topic about vampires without people bringing up Twilight. I guess I expected too much. I mean, I used to love "traditional" vampires,everything about them is awesome.

Thanks, Twilight fans, for ruining the good name of the coolest "monster" ever.

On topic-

Fact:

That would be epic beyond words.

Thanks, Twilight fans, for ruining the good name of the coolest "monster" ever.

Posted Image

Since when making a joke about Twilight instantly brands you as one of those freaky fans

Posted Image

Since when making a joke about Twilight instantly brands you as one of those freaky fans

Since never. I wasn't calling y'all Twilight fans, I was reminded of those stupid fans by their quotes, and "thanked" the fans for all those retards have done for the vampire's reputation.

Of course then again, I got first into vampires by Castlevania, so I guess I'm not that different in that respect. But unlike Twilight, Castlevania's portrayal of the "classic" Dracula was very accurate, and I'm not rabid about it. But Twilight fans are complete idiots and should be shot with silver bullets or stabbed with a wooden stake, depending if they like Mr. Abswolf or Pale 'n Sparkley.