Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff Courage in C Major

Jeric

octvin.jpg

Symphony no 1: Prelude

Most times, bringing on a staffer is a big deal. This decision impacts us as community leaders, the individual being taking on as staff, and most importantly the community itself. What Administration looks for in a forum staffer can change over time. This changes with past experience, where are needs are, the dynamics of the community, and how we want to implement a vision. One of the more important factors that we should always consider is the individual's overall interaction, experience, and knowledge of the community itself. While not critical to a great staffer, living within the community you manage can be instrumental to understanding, enjoying, and feeling committed to the community itself. We are all part of MLPF, we all experience MLPF and enjoy in our own way. It is when we have an investment on here in many elements of this our forum that can prove instrumental for the personal growth and even enjoyment of volunteering here. It pays dividends. 

Symphony no 2: Poetic

This takes me to our newest staffer. He was ever present when I joined back in early 2014. He has been a commission artist, a musician here, is a frequent RP'er, gives ready advice to users on composition, has participated in many events, and is no slouch in both the General Discussion and Pony parts of this site. I have seen him grow tremendously as a user over the last six years. He brings a sense of passion in most things he does. The ability to grow is so absolutely valued as we manage a dynamic community that services a changing fandom. Elasticity is so exceedingly useful here. 

Symphony no 3: Amity

Being a moderator is far far more than being a constable enforcing the global rules. In fact that is a very small amount of the job. While we all have our distinct personalities, our new global moderator has impressed me with his insistence for respect to all users, to participate in conversations across the forum, engaging users and his peers, and offering value added suggestions to improve the community. Almost immediately upon accepting the position, he was asked and accepted the responsibility to judge the current music contest. In short, he will be a valuable addition to staff both from inside our castle chambers, to outside the various villages across the forums. 

Symphony no 4: Drumroll

Please welcome @C. Thunder Dash as our newest member of the MLPForums Moderation team. While he is a global moderator who can assist in all aspects of the site as he continuous learns the ins and outs of moderation, you will probably see him often hanging out in Octavia's Hall, where he will be interacting with artists, giving musical advice, highlighting new art and talent, and cultivating an increased focus on the creative side of MLPF. I've known him for almost as long as I have been a member, and I'm proud to see him be invited onto staff. 

wtts.gif

• Brohoof 18

• This topic was unpinned and unfeatured