Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Tree of Harmony is Still There!

Tom Gallagher

Movie artist Imalou has revealed on Twitter that the Tree of Harmony is actually in G5 and is still looking beautiful! :pinkie: Aside from Zephyr Heights being a revamped Canterlot, we didn’t really get any recognisable G4 locations in the movie so to find out that the Tree of Harmony was there the whole time is amazing! ^_^ Will we see it again and will that mean that we’ll eventually find out what happened to the places and ponies we know? Only time will tell. ;)

image.png.71580aee5faef782ada3b75346f15250.png
(Wish I could edit the Student Six out of that otherwise beautiful picture. :P)

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 3

39 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

Movie artist Imalou has revealed on Twitter that the Tree of Harmony is actually in G5 and is still looking beautiful! :pinkie: Aside from Zephyr Heights being a revamped Canterlot, we didn’t really get any recognisable G4 locations in the movie so to find out that the Tree of Harmony was there the whole time is amazing! ^_^ Will we see it again and will that mean that we’ll eventually find out what happened to the places and ponies we know? Only time will tell. ;)

image.png.71580aee5faef782ada3b75346f15250.png
(Wish I could edit the Student Six out of that otherwise beautiful picture. :P)

Looks a bit more natural in Gen 5.:D

(Though I'll never understand why you keep picking on the Young 6. They're children who never harmed anyone unlike Cozy Glow. :dry:)

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

(Though I'll never understand why you keep picking on the Young 6. They're children who never harmed anyone unlike Cozy Glow. :dry:)

You know exactly why. They’re my least favourite characters and I hate them. :dry:

It’s kind of a running joke of mine at this stage. :twismile:

14 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Directors apparently have confirmed this being the Tree of Harmony was intentional. What happened to the Everfree Forest? This doesn't bode well for Discord still being around, since I think that menagerie was powered by him.

It's really sad how much hate the Y6 got, and especially that episode. Seems like nobody understood what DHX was doing with it, in what they knew was the final season of G4.

All these younglings with their own ideas of how to honor the fallen Tree of Harmony, finally coming together to build something that would last. And then Harmony's parting message to them.

"Because of you. The spirit of the Treehouse would have perished without your selfless deeds and caring. Whenever you seek solace, come here. Your friendship, and the friendship of future generations, will always be safe within these walls."

This was a thank you note and a love letter to the fandom, telling us that even though the show would end, we would be the ones who can keep it alive, and the memories and the fun would always be there waiting for us when we need it.

• Brohoof 2

If we're to assume that a few centuries (Or generations) have passed since the end of G4 (G4 is referred to as Ancient Equestria), the Tree of Harmony might have gone through some unexpected changes resulting in being the way it is now in G5. That can happen in nature due to the actions of nature itself or from others.

I don't know how I feel about this. For one, the crystal treehouse structure is gone, in addition to the Everfree Forest and the castle of the two sisters is gone. The G5 tree is out in the middle of the plains. There is also a cave system underneath the G4 tree and I'm pretty certain there aren't any caves underneath the G5 tree.

Spoiler

G4 did say that the Everfree Forest ran on magic. Perhaps the Everfree Forest is gone because there is no magic, but that still doesn't explain the other things. Here's an idea. What if it is the tree of harmoney, but it's not the same tree of harmoney?

Edited by Zoom Jetstream

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Depending on how long it's been, the remains of the Cast of the Two Sisters is completely gone. The Tree of Harmony must have changed again when magic disappeared. Does this mean that Bridlewood is the Everfree Forest? I wonder if the G5 series will confirm or just ignore other locations from G4

6 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Yeah, it’s like Flash “he took my waifu” Sentry, but less fun :scoots:. I mean, they were in the end, rather pointless, and better episodes could have come instead, but they were inoffensive :scoots:

On topic, THE. TREE. OF. HARMONY :pinkie:? Barring on how it’s not longer crystaly, and the unexplained banishment of the structures, it’s lovely to see it :yay:. I should have known better a cherry tree in the middle of a horse version of a western nation wasn’t just for show tho :dash:

3 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

If we're to assume that a few centuries (Or generations) have passed since the end of G4 (G4 is referred to as Ancient Equestria), the Tree of Harmony might have gone through some unexpected changes resulting in being the way it is now in G5. That can happen in nature due to the actions of nature itself or from others.

Well, there are ruins of a long forgotten train station, with fliers and ads showing the now only known existing pony settlements remaining. So is safe to assume that was still a prosperous time made by Twilight, and the segregation happened much later. Implying the current state of Equestria takes place even longer than anticipated 

I'm think there might be a lot more G4 landmarks around.

I'm wondering if those crystals Izzy pointed to are remnants from Twilight's castle....or if she and Sunny were taking a run inside Ghastly Gorge in an earlier scene.

If I were a writer on the new series, I admit I'd be tempted to have these G5 ponies discover things like the mirror pool, Bright Mac and Pear Butter's marriage tree, etc. 

A living crystal tree can't exist with no magic, at least not while remaining crystal, so it gradually turned to wood as its magic faded.

The Everfree Forest was teeming with and driven by magic, so again, the end of magic would also be the end of it.

Problems solved.

3 hours ago, The Nth Doctor said:
13 hours ago, eventyraren said:

I just saw this on EquestriaDaily and went over here to tell you. 

One big question. If That is the tree of Harmony, what happend to the Everfree Forest? 

Probably turned into Bridlewood

The problem with that was that Bridlewood was more then a days walk away from that tree, and the tree of harmony was in the everfree Forest. I know a lot can change in 1000 or more years, but do Forest usely relocate themself? 

I'm not going to argue with someone who worked on the movie, so I'm just going to chime in that if not for the artist's word, I would not have drawn any comparisons to that tree and the Tree of Harmony. Still, that would explain why crystals are an iconic feature of Bridlewood Forest.