Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S01:E23 - Another Pony's Trash

Ashen Pathfinder

Title: Another Pony's Trash
Release Date: August 18, 2022
Written By: Tom Gidman
Synopsis: Maretime Bay is full of garbage and it's up to Sunny and her friends to clean it up! But can they?

• Brohoof 3

Again I must say: My favorite episode ever now!

This was such a fun and hilarious episode and it’s so funny that an episode about trash is what brings everypony together, which also brings Sunny’s Alicorn abilities to life!

An awesome episode for sure!

• Brohoof 4

6 minutes ago, DivineFive1000 said:

Again I must say: My favorite episode ever now!

This was such a fun and hilarious episode and it’s so funny that an episode about trash is what brings everypony together, which also brings Sunny’s Alicorn abilities to life!

An awesome episode for sure!

2 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

Another fun and hilarious episode! 

Love everyone coming together to help keep their home clean!

Loving TYT more and more!

My favorite part was the Posey joke. :laugh:

Sunny Starscout is an alicorn of recycling garbage :pinkie:

Also the city had become littered with garbage for some reason.

The princess has declared the new holiday 

• Brohoof 2

I really didn't expect much from that episode title, but WOW that was actually a really charming episode! It had some good laughs and great character moments, so yeah. Good time!

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, The Nth Doctor said:

I was honestly surprised Posey joined in on the cleaning and worked with other species.

Agreed on that! It at least helps to give her character a little more depth instead of just being "Ms. Grump Hooves" or the constant recipient of bad luck.

• Brohoof 4

At last, Posey wasn't the butt of any jokes nor was she on the receiving end of anything. It's nice to see that even she is allowed to have success. This short has an obvious environmental message and it works really well especially since they went out of their way to provide some good-natured humour that ties it all together.

• Brohoof 2

This was not one of the weaker episodes like last week's, glad we're already back to the good stuff. Touching story, consistently good humor (Rufus was especially funny at the end), and it's always good to see Sunny's alicorn form manifest. Find it curious, however, how the episode opened up with Posey complaining about the other pony breeds and ended with her happily wanting to work with other pony breeds all because of a video. I guess what they're going for with her is that she's "redeemed, but not really" because in real life, change takes time. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Find it curious, however, how the episode opened up with Posey complaining about the other pony breeds and ended with her happily wanting to work with other pony breeds all because of a video. I guess what they're going for with her is that she's "redeemed, but not really" because in real life, change takes time. 

It could be character development for her---and for the mane five, for that matter:  after all, technically the mane five were working toward solutions to her complaints!  Plus, her complaints were legitimate this time!

I think this was one of the better episodes.  Dunno if it'll be my favorite or not, but it's got potential.

Some part of me is saying "This is setup for Make Your Mark; Sunny is going to get a powerup at an important time when other ponies come together, and this well-done TYT episode will be foreshadowing for that!"

• Brohoof 3

They did still shut the window on Posey, and Sunny cut her off when the ponies gathered together, so I wouldn't say she wasn't the butt of jokes...

But yeah, it was a nice episode. I didn't love it, but I enjoyed it. They didn't actually address where the trash went, which I was wondering about. The bird at the beginning being started was adorable.

• Brohoof 4

This episode is a big improvement over the last.  With that said, Sunny's still the least developed of the Mane Five, and I really hope MYM fixes that.  

• Brohoof 2

The joke with the complaints and Posey with Hitch closing the window on her was great, as well as her trying to use that lecture on sunny :laugh:.

Better than last weeks episode, but there were better ones for sure. Still, I enjoyed it. 

• Brohoof 2

Was a pretty hilarious episode. Posey always seems to be in the right, which is strange why she always seems to be pushed down. Imagine living in a dump like that and not complaining. I liked it!

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-08-20 at 12:43 AM, Toastypk said:

Even "unicorns smell" and "too much gawking at the sights"?

Too much gawking at the sights seemed to be a problem for how many selfie-sticks there were, but...what do I know about smell?  They haven't gotten screens to give off odors, yet!

• Brohoof 1

one of my fave eps in a while. Good message that syncs well with the pony friends and gives us a lot of interesting shots of Maretime bay. I loved the way they used Sunny here - might be my fave media of her since the movie.

about the setup though - I have questions :P 

• Brohoof 1

This is probably one of the wackiest entries in TYT. Not only that but it, also raised many questions. How did Maretime Bay all of a sudden get so bad? It wasn't shown to be like this before, so what happened to cause it? Why is it specifically Maretime Bay that has these issues? While this episode was one of the funnier ones, it also left me wondering what I had just watched. Nothing really made any sense, which is a common trait with this series. I hope that when the MYM series releases, it will put a lot more effort into making since and having consistent storytelling. 

• Brohoof 1