Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best and Worst EQG song?

Gaines

Best song is Unleash the Magic or We Will Stand for Everfree, I'm a huge sucker for villain songs. I do want to give a shout out to the CHS Rally Song, being a band kid in High School, this song hit the sweet spot

Worst song, I'd be hard pressed to think of any song that deserves it besides I'm On a Yacht. That song is hip and trendy in all of the worst ways possible

• Brohoof 1

For some reason I really can not stand "Shake Your Tail." Lol it sounds weird when you listen closely and hear those inorganic voices cropped over it that sounds like a little boy saying "shake your tail" lol, but honestly CHS Rally song is BY FAR the best EQG song, followed by Rainbooms part in "Welcome To The Show". Sunset kills it honestly, and it's one if the numerous reasons I love Rainbow Rocks, lol I've seen that movie so many times I can recit 3/4 the whole movie word for word lol

the EQG songs are so good. I have to go with the Cafeteria song but holy hoof it's tough when you have CHS Rally song, Under Our Spell etc

as for the worst songs, I wasn't much of a fan of the Everfree songs for some reason but listening to them again Midnight in Me is actually pretty good, and the intro song is great so I don't think they're the worst.

Spring Break-Down was a great special, but its songs are pretty bad, so I will go with those, even though they're pretty bopping and work with the themes of the special tbh. Honestly EQG songs are just about at FiM quality D: it's too hard to hate on them!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

The best is "So Much More to Me". It's an amazing Fluttershy song, and after it was released I listened to it on repeat for extended periods of time. I made an MP3 file with only the song for this purpose, because in the short there is also some dialogue, credits, etc.

Btw I found a nice remix of it, that I will post tomorrow in my "Underrated Pony Music" series.

I don't dislike "I'm on a Yacht", it's quite funny for me. So the worst would be one of the less memorable songs, that I don't even remember the titles of. There is no song in EqG that would be annoying to me or anything like that.

Edited by Silly Druid
  • Brohoof 3

On 2023-04-23 at 6:51 PM, Silly Druid said:

The best is "So Much More to Me". It's an amazing Fluttershy song, and after it was released I listened to it on repeat for extended periods of time.

Definitely this one! Such a wonderful melody (especially the verses) with a great performance from Fluttershy. The lyrics are also good and very fitting for her, and the visuals are also very cute! It's my favorite song not only in EqG but the whole franchise.

"I'm on a Yacht" seems to be a popular choice for the worst song. I found it horrible the first time I heard it, but it does have a "so bad it's good" kind of appeal to it. :please: The first one I thought of was the Snips and Snails rap, but that's meant to be awful, so listing it would kind of be cheating. Other than that, I can't think of any particularly bad ones. But the one with the singing plants ("Room to Grow" – I couldn't even remember the title without checking) was one that I found very unremarkable. It's certainly one of the few I've never replayed.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3