Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What did you want to be when you grew up?

Gaines

Alt title: What you wanted to be when you grew up VS what you want to be now :huh:
For example, I remember when I was very small I wanted to be an "artist." Later on I realized that "artist" was pretty vague, so I changed that to "illustrator." Nowadays, I say I want to be a "3D animator or concept artist/designer" :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 2

I always knew I wanted to work with animals. While I can’t remember exactly what I wanted to do, I know it was related to animal care. 
...Although I do remember telling my aunt once that I wanted be a house.

:ButtercupLaugh:

I wanted to be a detective investigator or working as a forensic.  I also wanted to be a game designer illustrator. These were the two fields I have ever dreamed to become when I was a kid and up till college. Sadly those were just delusional dreams. I made a mistake choosing the path that wasn’t my intention except only to do it for the sake of “stable jobs”. Instead of going to study to make my dream job(a) a reality. While I don’t regret choosing to study chemistry it was unfortunate that I bite more than I couldn’t chew. BUT- I try not to think too much of it. What’s done is done.

I wanted to be a "Professional Snuggler" for animals. Even wrote a paper about it in the 3rd grade.

My grandma worked at a vet clinic and when I stayed with her on weekends she'd bring me with her. I'd spend most of my time reading to, drawing for, and petting the animals. Sometimes I'd help my grandma wash food bowls and other things. Other times I went so far as to climb into the Kennels for a serious cuddle session. Somehow no incidents ever occurred.

Today as a veterinary assistant and former day laborer at a petting zoo, I've more or less achieved that childhood goal, short of running a kennel myself I suppose.

It's come at a cost however, for while there are still aspects of the childhood dream, as an adult I have to face the reality that the reason animals come to us is because they're not well, and it doesn't always turn out for the best.

• Brohoof 1

Nobody. I was five years old and showing dysfunctional behaviour already, even before the physical development issues started to show up. Which is curious. Because it means the problem is not just psychological. But it is actually chemical as well, since the human body is a chemical factory. And if the factory is in disarray because of a congenital disorder. So will be your response and behaviour.

In that regard, I am like the rest of my family. Separated from myself and life. Living inside our heads for the most part. It is not so bad. We'll be alright as long the money lasts. Because the moment that is over, we are gonna sink. Since none of them are willing to swim. And neither am I. I have spent too much time in wonderland and I have fallen in love with Alice.

(777 characters. Funny).

Earliest I remember, I wanted to draw newspaper styled comics. In my later childhood I changed to musical aspirations. First jazz either trumpet or clarinet. Then bassoon, I wanted to be an orchestra bassoonist in my teens.

What I want to be today is still tied to music - a music history professor.

I wanted to be a rockstar, Pssh, like that would ever happen, :dry:. I can't sing for the love of Celestia. :laugh:]

I can safely say that now, I want to be an illustrator and author of comics :P which is highly likely in my future :mlp_pinkie: 

Edited by Stellar Heights

• 3 weeks later...

As a kid, I wanted to be a pirate. I'll let you decide if that one worked out or not.

As an adult, I want to work in graphic design. I'm studying for it after all. I'd still be a pirate if given the choice, though.

In my childhood years, I always wanted to be a meteorologist. There for a while, I kinda lost confidence in that. But now I'm once again thinking about becoming a meteorologist. I might attend one of my local colleges in the near future to get a degree for that.