Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The herd is growing

Ezynell

What does everypony else think of it?

Most of new people that have join the forum - and have stuck around - have been good folks.

As long as the people joining the forum are good blokes I don't see any reason to be concerned about the community's growth; for those that aren't good blokes, we've seen them get 'handled' quite decently so far by the big cheese(s).

Let's not be stingy, now - this is a good community; everyone deserves the chance to be a part of it. ;)

Edited by Zoop
  • Brohoof 1

When I first joined, it was an average posting of about two to five new threads a day. Now its always around ten. Most of them being "New Member" threads.

Well I don't think you should really be concerned about threads on the New Member area. Even if they say something there there's still a chance they don't stick around.

Well I don't think you should really be concerned about threads on the New Member area. Even if they say something there there's still a chance they don't stick around.

Everyone deserves to be welcome...

Everyone deserves to be welcome...

I didn't say to ignore them. We should still welcome them when people post on the new members thread, i'm just saying they still might not stay around.

I was going to leave until I tried 3 or so more threads. New others might not stick around long enough to see how good this place is.

I didn't say to ignore them. We should still welcome them when people post on the new members thread, i'm just saying they still might not stay around.

I was going to leave until I tried 3 or so more threads. New others might not stick around long enough to see how good this place is.

You said not to be concerned with them.

Whenever a new person joins, they love to see that people welcome them.

It is the reason I even stayed.

You said not to be concerned with them.

Whenever a new person joins, they love to see that people welcome them.

It is the reason I even stayed.

Oh no, sorry! Thats not what I meant at all!

I meant that if some of the new threads came from the new members area, he shouldn't be worried about the quite big leap in new threads. I didn't mean for him to not be concerned about new members!

I hope I didn't look too much like a jerk...

Oh no, sorry! Thats not what I meant at all!

I meant that if some of the new threads came from the new members area, he shouldn't be worried about the quite big leap in new threads. I didn't mean for him to not be concerned about new members!

I hope I didn't look too much like a jerk...

Lol, you don't.

You just did not explain what you meant very well for me.

To me, a steady increase in member levels is a positive and welcomed prospect.

Each new member adds something to community as whole, and makes the boards feel even more lively than they already are. I think the notion that our current rate of growth is not sustainable is a little bit unreasonable; a couple of new members per day isn't too difficult to keep up with, and on the odd chance you do miss someone, you're likely to catch up with them sooner or later, whether it be in a particular thread or through the chat.

Sure, our founding community is something special that we all don't want to lose, so I understand the concern that some people hold, but the possibility of new members unraveling all of that? A very unlikely outcome.

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 2

On this forum in particular Ive noticed as a new member, over the past few days, that alot of the higher and regular members are very welcoming to newbies. The general feedback Ive received has been positive and successfully welcoming, which seems to have encouraged me to stick around and post more. This may be a contributing factor to the increased genuine members on the forum. Just a thought :P Edited by 83awsm

Mmmm.. Mah bois, These members are what all true forums strive for! But seriously, I don't mind if we get millions of members, just as long as there's enough mods/admins to take care of everything. Also, I think the first 500 members will always be legendary : D