Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's look fabulous : Skin problems

Shankveld

oh and gravity is the only one of four univeral forces where we dont know how it truly works. We can prove gravity is there, but its still one of sciences greatest mysteries. If you have any respect for science youll understand Gravity is called AKA work in progress.

Im suprised you are geting a doctorate with such terrible analyzation skills.

I assume youll be nurseing. Which is great for helping people, so good for u!

I think you need to go back and re-analyze the OP. We aren't discussing the mechanics of gravity or the source of it, merely the fact that gravity as a force exists, and that has been proven by science for hundreds of years.

Okey, this have to stop right now, this going way too far beyond the original topic discussion. I Can Haz Your Bronies, just because you recieved a apology in your welcome thread for harsh comments by our members (Yes, our members didn't handle that well..), doesn't mean you can antagonize them elsewhere. MurrMurr, Bhall82 and Shankveld, it would've been easier if you restrained from replying to said "post" instead of continuing on the off topic rail.

• Brohoof 3

Okey, this have to stop right now, this going way too far beyond the original topic discussion. I Can Haz Your Bronies, just because you recieved a apology in your welcome thread for harsh comments by our members (Yes, our members didn't handle that well..), doesn't mean you can antagonize them elsewhere. MurrMurr, Bhall82 and Shankveld, it would've been easier if you restrained from replying to said "post" instead of continuing on the off topic rail.

Besides my issue with the OP on a personal level, I just hate to see such misinformation given to people with such a know-it-all attitude-- especially when it could be detrimental to impressionable ponies around here, kwim? But I'll defer to the mighty mods and skitter away. :)

Yes massa please don't beats me

Let's see...

1. I stroke my moustache too much and should probably stop, because there is no reason for me to touch my face. Like, unless I have an itch, it's completely pointless. I'll work on it.

2. I wash my hands an average of once or twice a day, or after I sweat a lot or get them dirty. Is this adequate?

3. Average face washes per day: one in the shower

4. Blech, cold showers freak me out a little. I'll stick to warm, medium-length and try to keep it at bay other ways.

5. I never really use any sort of moisturizer or lotion for anything. Meh.

6. Vitamin A poisoning is a thing, Shank. I take a multivitamin, so in theory, I should be fine.

7. Chocolate <3

8. Average milk consumption daily: three glasses

9. I never thought of that, actually. It's a great suggestion, if also one that increases laundry frequency.

10. I don't wear makeup, but I often sweat while I sleep, which I imagine has a similar effect. There's not much more I can do to change that, though, considering that I have an air conditioner right above my bed.

11. I feel like I'm doing this wrong. I use a Clearasil pad twice a day, and put cream on any problem areas at night, and never wash it off. Bluh, why are faces so high-maintenance

12. I don't usually get whiteheads. Instead I wind up with sensitive red bumps, which suck just as much if not more. For those times I do get whiteheads, I improvise and use tweezers to pop and clean up with toilet paper.

All of that is me regarding the tips in the OP, and I go through phases of good facial skin and poopy facial skin. The fluctuation could be due to any number of things, but environmental factors are probably the largest influence. Temp/humidity changes how much I sweat, which murders my face. Given this, I'll have to try pretty hard to not have acne problems over the next few months...harder than I'd like to try because busy summer reading assignments college stuff possibly work bluh etc. I've never seen a dermatologist, but I've thought about it. Almighty Shank of Fabulousness, wat do?

(Jonke, your avatars are so awesome and diabetes-inducing. Victini <3)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

1) Shankveld creates thread on how to look fabulous

2) Apply routine; look fabulous

3) ???

4) Profit!

Posted Image

Edited by Devin McCourty
  • Brohoof 1

Hallo.

I’m looking for two advises:

1: Lately I been trying to get abit of colour on my skin as I’m really white and wish to become a bit brown as I think it looks good, sadly it seems like my skin have harder to become brown and in Denmark we don’t got that nice weather and I was wondering if there would be an easier and more safe way than using solarium?

2: I know this isn’t a “skin problem” however I give it a try, is there a permanent way to stop producing body hair on specific locations on the body? For some good damn reason I got this on my stomach and god that is so ugly and disgusting if you ask me.

Let's see...

1. I stroke my moustache too much and should probably stop, because there is no reason for me to touch my face. Like, unless I have an itch, it's completely pointless. I'll work on it.

2. I wash my hands an average of once or twice a day, or after I sweat a lot or get them dirty. Is this adequate?

3. Average face washes per day: one in the shower

4. Blech, cold showers freak me out a little. I'll stick to warm, medium-length and try to keep it at bay other ways.

5. I never really use any sort of moisturizer or lotion for anything. Meh.

6. Vitamin A poisoning is a thing, Shank. I take a multivitamin, so in theory, I should be fine.

7. Chocolate <3

8. Average milk consumption daily: three glasses

9. I never thought of that, actually. It's a great suggestion, if also one that increases laundry frequency.

10. I don't wear makeup, but I often sweat while I sleep, which I imagine has a similar effect. There's not much more I can do to change that, though, considering that I have an air conditioner right above my bed.

11. I feel like I'm doing this wrong. I use a Clearasil pad twice a day, and put cream on any problem areas at night, and never wash it off. Bluh, why are faces so high-maintenance

12. I don't usually get whiteheads. Instead I wind up with sensitive red bumps, which suck just as much if not more. For those times I do get whiteheads, I improvise and use tweezers to pop and clean up with toilet paper.

All of that is me regarding the tips in the OP, and I go through phases of good facial skin and poopy facial skin. The fluctuation could be due to any number of things, but environmental factors are probably the largest influence. Temp/humidity changes how much I sweat, which murders my face. Given this, I'll have to try pretty hard to not have acne problems over the next few months...harder than I'd like to try because busy summer reading assignments college stuff possibly work bluh etc. I've never seen a dermatologist, but I've thought about it. Almighty Shank of Fabulousness, wat do?

(Jonke, your avatars are so awesome and diabetes-inducing. Victini <3)

These are just average tips that works for peoples :P

But yes temp and humidity matter xD

as well as hormones and genetics :P

I use to have horrible acne and all these tips worked for me :3 ~

Hallo.

I’m looking for two advises:

1: Lately I been trying to get abit of colour on my skin as I’m really white and wish to become a bit brown as I think it looks good, sadly it seems like my skin have harder to become brown and in Denmark we don’t got that nice weather and I was wondering if there would be an easier and more safe way than using solarium?

2: I know this isn’t a “skin problem” however I give it a try, is there a permanent way to stop producing body hair on specific locations on the body? For some good damn reason I got this on my stomach and god that is so ugly and disgusting if you ask me.

1. I actually use self tanning spray :| shh don't tell anyone ;) I can't tan worth shit and it works amazingly and doesn't cause any skin harm. The trick with tanning spray or lotion (which you can buy at your local drugstore, or mega shopping mall) is to apply is evenly. Don't over apply or you will get streaks, if you're patient you can get an amazing and natural looking tan. Also something that works great is if you do it in the morning (don't cover up with clothing) and go outside or tan with it on. ~

2. Laser hair removal is the only way, it's not that expensive or painful. I've gotten it :) ~

1. I actually use self tanning spray :| shh don't tell anyone ;) I can't tan worth shit and it works amazingly and doesn't cause any skin harm. The trick with tanning spray or lotion (which you can buy at your local drugstore, or mega shopping mall) is to apply is evenly. Don't over apply or you will get streaks, if you're patient you can get an amazing and natural looking tan. Also something that works great is if you do it in the morning (don't cover up with clothing) and go outside or tan with it on. ~

Does this mean that every day before you take a step outside your door, you spray yourself?

Also correct me if I’m wrong but using tanning may not be the best idea if you are playing a lot of sport or sweating because of work out? As in the next 12 months I will be going through a hard training program which requires me to work out each day, will this make the solarium a better choose?

2. Laser hair removal is the only way, it's not that expensive or painful. I've gotten it :) ~

Yeah it is actually quite cheap, even so I saw that because of our health care system we somehow can get up to four treatments for free in my region. I shall look into this soon.

Also thanks for the fast reply :-)

Does this mean that every day before you take a step outside your door, you spray yourself?

Also correct me if I’m wrong but using tanning may not be the best idea if you are playing a lot of sport or sweating because of work out? As in the next 12 months I will be going through a hard training program which requires me to work out each day, will this make the solarium a better choose?

Yes everyday I spray :P, but you're correct using tanning lotion/spray is not a good idea if you're going to be sweating and doing a lot of physical activity. A Solarium would be a better choice, just don't over do it. You can talk to the people at the tanning salon about what is a healthy/harmful about for their machines. ~

"I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion."

Haha, not really, though.

if y'all are into masochism

Heu heu heu.

(edited)
I have sensitive skin, and it peels in hot showers, or water, but I'm lucky to not have any acne breakouts, what would you recommend for sensitive skin? Edited by SamtheLegoman

I have sensitive skin, and it peels in hot showers, or water, but I'm lucky to not have any acne breakouts, what would you recommend for sensitive skin?

As I mentioned before cool-medium showers and shorter showers and moisturise moisturise moisturise ~

okay I made myself faburish!

Posted Image

My skin tends to be... bumpy

I wish I could be more helpful but I have no experience working out of the animalia kingdom.

Yes everyday I spray :P, but you're correct using tanning lotion/spray is not a good idea if you're going to be sweating and doing a lot of physical activity. A Solarium would be a better choice, just don't over do it. You can talk to the people at the tanning salon about what is a healthy/harmful about for their machines. ~

Ok cheers :)

• Brohoof 1