health What's your skincare routine?

Fluttershyfan94

Skincare yay or nay  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Skincare yay or nay

• Yay
    • Nay

(edited)

Skincare is as important as any other my friends. Your skin is an organ and its important you keep it looking and feeling healthy. Not only will you feel amazing, you'll look amazing my dudes and dudettes. Your skin needs to stay hydrated and it needs to be cleaned every so often of any impurities that you collect over the course of day.

The OPs is as follows, I try to drink around two liters of water every day that's a half a gallon for you ameribros. Not only will this keep you hydrated it has many health benefits as well.  

Then there is my choice of cleanser, usually I do wash my face with simply water but if I care to take any oils and fats I use a makeup remover yes that's right bros your emo days have come in handy after all I use a "garnier" skinactive, micelar cleansing water then after I've cleansed its time to pick a moisturizer any will do. It is a good thing if it is spf 20, I mostly use a "the body shop" coco calming face mist spray.

Yet that is someone who generally does so regularly, if I haven't I may use some "clean and clear" blackhead clearing daily scrub or any other sometimes a mask mostly though I've been using a pure clay purifying cleanser by L'oréal. I do sometimes apply a face mask though not as often actually, then there is also giving yourself a massage to stimulate the blood flow in your skin.

What about you dudes and dudettes, what's your skincare routine? 

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Other than washing my skin with body wash when I shower...I don't have a skincare routine. :maud:

Technically a body wash might be considered a skincare routine, it depends on the body wash but many of them have a lot of revitalizing elements to them. Many of them being moisturizing depends though but I do recommend everyone to have some routine. You could consider at least buying some kind of face mist if anything they are relaxing.

2 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

I occasionally put lotion on my hands and back as they can get dry. 

I like hand creams/lotion haha, they smell nice and are relaxing to put on. That has me think that if you needed a reason to do any skincare, I would say it is relaxing. 

• Brohoof 1

I have had acne prone skin since middle school. If I don’t cleanse my face at least once daily, I will break out. Obviously, I don’t want that. I use a skin cleansing regimen called Obagi. Step 1 is a simple cleanser, step 2 is an acne treatment, step 3 is a spot treatment if needed, and step 4 is a lotion. It’s expensive but it’s the only brand that works for me.

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, SparklingSwirls said:

I drink enough water and eat healthy, but otherwise I don’t do anything special. :wacko: 

Good, good you know simply washing your face in the morning in the sink and before you sleep is good to do. Drinking enough water and eating healthy as well as exercising will do a lot for your skin and your health in general.

My skin is always dried. I got this “working hands” that never rest. I don’t have a routine but if it gets really bad, I use Gold Bond or cetaphil lotions before bed. 

• Brohoof 1

I am telling the truth. You don't want to overdo your skincare (you'll regret it). However, if you don't care about it at all, you will not look that great in 5 to 60 years :nom:

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I am telling the truth. You don't want to overdo your skincare (you'll regret it). However, if you don't care about it at all, you will not look that great in 5 to 60 years :nom:

I agree with you, do want to retain some of your natural oils obviously. Though you also don't want them to clog so there has to be balance which is why i do it every so often. Perhaps twice or three times a week. Though typically I do a simple face wash in the sink.

• Brohoof 1

I mostly just wash my face with a moisturizing soap and warm water. If my skin gets dry I apply a really greasy Jergen’s All-Purpose face Cream before I go to bed. For light maintenance on the go I use Gold Bond lotion in a travel size tube I keep in my purse. I don’t exfoliate or do anything very elaborate; I prefer to keep it simple.   

• Brohoof 1

Mostly I just use moisturiser after I shave and then put on some cologne/aftershave, been lucky with my skin so far since I've never had acne or anything like that. Still, I don't have a Patrick Bateman-esque skin routine. :ButtercupLaugh:

9 minutes ago, Prometheus said:

Mostly I just use moisturiser after I shave and then put on some cologne/aftershave, been lucky with my skin so far since I've never had acne or anything like that. Still, I don't have a Patrick Bateman-esque skin routine. :ButtercupLaugh:

I was waiting for someone to mention Patrick Bateman he is like my inspiration as for taking care of yourself that character was great who doesn't love Christian Bale.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I don't at all. Is that bad?

You don't need skincare really it is a lot like exercising. Don't actually have to do it but if you do you'll remain healthy same is true for your skin it keeps it healthy. 

5 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I use lotion when my skin gets dry, or just before. It works quite well.

Many people use lotions for their hands, though I believe it might just be in fashion too.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Many people use lotions for their hands, though I believe it might just be in fashion too.

Skin gets too dry when it gets cold outside. I am sure you'll understand? I have seen you beautiful hands! :wub:

32 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Skin gets too dry when it gets cold outside. I am sure you'll understand? I have seen you beautiful hands! :wub:

UwU swedebro senpai~. Haha I like skin cream as it smells nice and relaxing to put on. Though not actually because I have to more like is nice.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

My skincare consists of lots of hydrating products because I love slapping my face with cool serums. I use the kikimasamune high moist lotion, then I layer it with the hada lado gokyujun. Then when everything is nicely soaked, I kind of 'seal' everything in with the belif moisturizer (the one with the top hat). I also take collagen (from here https://www.vitaminexpress.org/uk/collagen-supplements) to give my skin a nice bounce (you can tell im all about that hydration and plumping). And honestly my skin is better than it ever was. Ive stopped using all my acids and retinol. For exfoliation, I now book chemical peel appointments with my local esthetician and its working great for me.