Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the scariest video game enemy you faced?

Groo

(edited)

Mr. Face from Amnesia, of course.

Numb bodies from SH3. I don't know why but these guys creeped me out so bad.

Posted Image

The Tank from Left 4 Dead. I practically crap myself every time I hear the music.

Posted Image

Finally, the Scissor Twins from Clock Tower 3. They don't look that scary, but I have never screamed more from a survival horror more than the brother popped out from a bathroom stall when I thought I was completely safe from him.

Posted Image

Edit: I knew I forgot one! The Iron Maidens from Resident Evil 4 scared the bejeezus out of me! Just how they move and stuff, bleggggh!

Posted Image

Edited by roomforapony

Is it weird that.. well.. anything with boobs does not scare me?

You're a boy *wavey hands*

It's okay for you to be unafraid XD

While I haven't played any scary videogames(I play games like Need for Speed and Call of Duty) Skyrim is the only game I've played that has anything somewhat scary.In the underground dungeons and ruins,when I'm playing in 1st person mode you never know if something is following you or something is going to pop out from behind the corner so it really freaks me out when the Draugr Overlords do a backstab on me and make this scary roar and the scary music starts playing and I turn around to see this:

Posted Image

The eyes godamnit,the eyes.

Ha! If you think Skyrim's undead are scary, I'd like to see you try an Oblivion dungeon!

The Redeads in Twilight Princess. I hate going through the Arbiter's Grounds dungeon because I have to run into them and they creep me out sooo much. >.<

• Brohoof 1

No Credit/Bank card and I don't like downloading illegally. And there are plenty of horror games that have weapons. Silent Hill, Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Ghoul 3, Heck even Minecraft when your playing in survivor on hardcore and an unexpected Creeper comes up behind you.

yes true but when you look at horror as a genre, you find that the only medium where the character has, say the build of a linebacker or the training of a army veteren or enough weapons to supply a country for all out war is video games. Tradition horror characters are often weak and sickly, or ordinary people caught in unfortunate trials. so in a sense, video gaming and horror are very difficult to mesh, because in video games, designers want players to comfortable playing the character, where as horror just wants you to scream and be uncomfortable. Amnesia, Dead Space(1 more than 2 imho), Fatal Frame and Silent Hill 2 did very well at melding the two, allowing you to play the character with no actual problems, but make you very unnerved with the story and are downright scary.
  • Brohoof 1

yes true but when you look at horror as a genre, you find that the only medium where the character has, say the build of a linebacker or the training of a army veteren or enough weapons to supply a country for all out war is video games. Tradition horror characters are often weak and sickly, or ordinary people caught in unfortunate trials. so in a sense, video gaming and horror are very difficult to mesh, because in video games, designers want players to comfortable playing the character, where as horror just wants you to scream and be uncomfortable. Amnesia, Dead Space(1 more than 2 imho), Fatal Frame and Silent Hill 2 did very well at melding the two, allowing you to play the character with no actual problems, but make you very unnerved with the story and are downright scary.

I Understand that completely, and I agree horror is indeed a hard genre video game to make, especially because of so much desensitization people have had in the gaming community. But still that doesn't prove the point as to why the game creators of Amnesia decided not to have any sort of weapon at all. I understand you're supposed to be weak and helpless but even so you have admit, if you were in his place wouldn't you make a makeshift club out of a chair or table leg, or even try to make a Molotov Cocktail out of the absinthe? In the games you mentioned, they all have weak and helpless characters, but they all have weapons, even if it's only low ammunition or even the fact the weapon can break on them.

Haha, been playing dead space 2 a few days ago... I think i laughed through most of it and only feared that i would run out of ammo

But i think the thing that scared me the most from long ago was the butcher from diablo... "Fresh meat!"

Spider Splicers and Plaster Splicers in Bioshock. I freak out everytime I see a Spider Splicer ><;; It's a good thing the plasters aren't abundant.

Oh, and Headcrab Zombies of any variety in Half Life 2. Especially the fast ones *shudder*

Ha! If you think Skyrim's undead are scary, I'd like to see you try an Oblivion dungeon!

OH DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE ZOMBIES DX

Dear mother of god, I don't know which one it was now but that one dungeon (it was one of the ruin ones....God, I can't remember what they were called. They were some elven ruins, and if you found relics in it and sold 'em a guy would request you to find more and sell them to him....Refresh my memory, someone?) full of bandits....In the one room with the hidden passage that had blood stains through it. *shudder* I didn't even go in I looked at it, heard a scary noise, and high tailed it outta there.

Saw a zombie the first time in another one of the dungeons. (I was retarded when I started my first game and didn't know how to use a torch so the one you encounter whilst escaping the jail was just a bar of health for me. Me and my retardedness.) I freaked out and cut it up, then backed up into another, proceeded to freak out some more, and got yelled at by my mom telling me to shut up and calm down.

• Brohoof 1

As i've been watching in this thread.

I have to say, bitch please.

Posted Image

That shit still gives me nightmares.

OH SWEET CELESTIA! I don't even know what game that's from and I don't really want to find out... but curiosity gets the better of me. What is that from?

OH SWEET CELESTIA! I don't even know what game that's from and I don't really want to find out... but curiosity gets the better of me. What is that from?

Resident Evil 1, PSX.

Run that shit on emulator, creepiest game of resident evil.

Basically spiders in any game, they always make me freak out and cringe. Skyrim, Dragon Age, Minecraft, whatever, I hate spiders. :mellow:

You probably shouldn't play Penumbra then. ;)