1. 1. Who is the best Avenger?

• Iron Man (Tony Stark)
    • Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    • The Incredible Hulk (Bruce Banner)
    • Natalia Ramanova (Black Widow)
    • Thor
    • Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

(edited)

For those who have seen the new movie The Avengers, who was the overall best?

Inb4 I get statements saying that it's only matter of personal preference

Tony Stark is best avenger, hands down. His genius, his intellect, his generosity (even shown in the Iron Man films quite a bit), his ability to work under extreme pressure (Iron Man 1), and his vibrant personality sets him aside from many comic book superheroes, not just the rest of the Avengers...

I mean, no offense, Captain. I still love your humility and leadership qualities!

Edited by Iron Mare
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If we're going by personal preference, that would be Iron Man. No one has mastered the art of cockiness to a tee like Stark, and the other members simply can't compete with that. However, since we're talkin' personal preference, I would've put the Hulk as a tie for first place but NOOOOOOOOOO Norton had to be a bitch and break his contract with Marvel! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Mr. Cricket
  • Brohoof 1

Hawkeye is Awesome.. But Iron Man was Probably the funniest and the most in interesting out of them all. So I'll say Iron Man :3

Batman

It's between Iron Man and Captain America. One one and Iron Man is gloriously cocky and sarcastic but on the other hand it's Captain America. I'm gonna cheat on this one and say Spider-Man because I seem to remember him joining the Avengers in the comics at one point or another.

Twilight Sparkle.

Oops.

Captain America/Steve Rogers. He's an honest, well-intentioned, and humble guy who just happens to be a super soldier. I really enjoy how the films portray him, as I could never quite get into the comic books where he seemed to be mostly a thick necked, All-American super hero who bashed Nazis and other bad guys with his shield. After Captain America: The First Avenger, I gained newfound respect for his character and what he stands for.

• Brohoof 1

"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

And that is how you become my favourite Avenger.

I'm following the crowd here but it has to be Stark just because he doesn't need any superpowers to be a hero, just a ton of money. That and he's bloody hilarious. Anyway with super human powers can become a hero but to use your own money and to risk your own, mortal life to save others is one of the things that makes both Batman and Ironman some of my favourite good guys.

• Brohoof 1

Iron Man, with Captain America in a close second.

Iron Man (and Batman, but we're talking Marvel) shows that you don't have to be born with super powers to be a super hero. You just need to be a genius with some money.

Iron Man also somewhat represents America, just as Captain America does. Were as Captain America represents freedom and traditional values, Iron Man represents Capitalism.

Were as Captain America represents freedom and traditional values, Iron Man represents Capitalism.

Don't forget a bit of imperlialism; you know, in America's crazy and unique way (through the first Iron Man film, at least :P).

iron man

Posted Image

Might wanna fix up the picture; it appears to be a broken link. :/

• Brohoof 1

Man, I'm gonna look like such a sheep for saying Iron Man like the others.

So with that in mind, I'm gonna say whoever the character Cobie Smulders played in the movie. She can be my Avenger any day.

"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."

And that is how you become my favourite Avenger.

Posted Image

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

(epic geek fight starts NOW)

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you. I've seen the footage. The only thing you really fight for is yourself. You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you."

(epic geek fight starts NOW)

Posted Image

"I think I would just cut the wire."

(It begins...)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thor.

...What? Iron Man is awesome yes, nobody with any common sense can argue that fact, but Thor is the freakin god of thunder. He's possibly the only guy shown to go toe-to-toe with the Incredible Hulk and nearly win. His relationship with Loki makes him more complex also because, while they're all trying to beat him and save the day, Thor is trying to do so without having to kill his brother.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

Thor.

...What? Iron Man is awesome yes, nobody with any common sense can argue that fact, but Thor is the freakin god of thunder. He's possibly the only guy shown to go toe-to-toe with the Incredible Hulk and nearly win. His relationship with Loki makes him more complex also because, while they're all trying to beat him and save the day, Thor is trying to do so without having to kill his brother.

TONY STARK BUILT THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

TONY STARK BUILT THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

It was quite a bit more than a box of scraps. Remember, he had access to nuclear technology in that cave, since the whole time he was pretending to build nukes. Still damn impressive, though :)

Anyway, Hulk. Not only is he the most powerful Avenger, he is arguably the most powerful dude in the Marvelverse, not including Galactus and others with Power Cosmic. And even those guys aren't much higher than Hulk.

Captain America is my favorite without a doubt. His leadership skills and selflessness is what sells it for me. My favorite quote is, "I just don't like bullies." I see a lot of Iron Man fans, which I would expect, but I don't really like him; heres why: He is pretty cool and has a good taste of music and has a funny side. He is very intelligent too, but his personality is not attractive and annoys me.

• Brohoof 1