507 users have voted

1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

IE10 is actually very nice. I only use chrome becuase of the addons. If IE10 had the same add-ons I would be using it instead. It's very fast and uses less memory then Chrome does. 

Sammy I love ya and all but your not good with computers xD Bing is a search engine xD LOL it is used in a program to search lol i love ya though

Crap, I was mixed up with Chrome. I know what search engines are, such as AOL, Google, etc. Idk why I said that...but then again, people do tend to also complain about search engines as well. Most complain about a lot of the engines. Like, Bing. I love Bing, but most people hate it. Just like a lot of people dislike google.

The red fox.

Started using it around the time it was booming thanks to the success of the viral ad campaign for Firefox 2:

And then Firefox 3 came and cemented itself into all of my computers. And then FF 3.5. HOLY SH*T.

The hype. Oh the hype. The fastest clapper ad.

...and the hype was well worth it, because FF 3.5 was the best browser for its time.

And then FF4, big improvement.

And then, with the increasing popularity of Chrome, Firefox switched to "rapid release" versions, and the ol' fox has been falling in web share ever since.

I just hope the grand 20th edition will be good.

MOZILLA FOREVER. THE BROWSER THAT KILLED THE BAD BLUE GIANT.

• 2 months later...

I use google chrome. I started using it when it was still fairly new. I got hooked on it because of its very minimalist style. there were some other details back then about it being much faster than other browsers but I think that's more even now.

over all the browser feels a lot more efficient than others so I've stuck with it since because of that

I read the title as "Bowser Battle" and was sorely disappointed to find that this was not, in fact, a Super Mario thread.

Bowser is best Browser.

250px-BowserNSMBU.png

(Also, there is a thread for this somewhere. If I find it before a mod moves this, I'll post it here.)

• Brohoof 6

I've always been a Firefox fan, although I have heard good things about Google Chrome, when I tried it I found it to be too cumbersome and it took up more memory when I was using it. Anything other than IE is really good though just because of all the security issues IE has had in the past.

I read the title as "Bowser Battle" and was sorely disappointed to find that this was not, in fact, a Super Mario thread.

Bowser is best Browser.

I did the same thing though I was thinking about the song specifically: *

As for browsers, I usually just stick with google chrome. It seems effective enough and google is my main search engine which is convenient. 

(edited)

My opinion - for what it's worth:

Google Chrome: I am amazed by the speed of this browser. It is very simplistic and stylish.
Firefox: I'm also a fan of Firefox. It is a little bulkier than Chrome in my opinion, but it is very fast and reliable.
Opera: When I used to be on a family computer I switched away from Firefox to Opera so I could have my own browser with my passwords saved and stuff. I wasn't impressed by the speed, and it crashed too often, but I loved the speed dial.
Safari: I dislike Safari because it feels really bulky and slow.
IE: Do I really need to say anything here?

(Also, there is a thread for this somewhere. If I find it before a mod moves this, I'll post it here.)

Aw crap. I couldn't find it anywhere here, in the lounge, or in media discussion. ph34r.png

Edited by Sky Chaser

I stick with chrome, It's fast and efficient for me. Especially after coming from the abyss that was IE on my old computer. I like the themes and settings that come with the browser also. I haven't really tried firefox so I can't really make a comparison between the two

I vote Google Chrome. Not only is it fast, but I love its modern, minimalist appearance. It is the most visually appealing to me out of all of the internet browsers I have seen so far. 

I've always used chrome but recently have been switching over to firefox periodically. Though, I only do this when youtube fails to load and I ragequit my browser tongue.png Chrome has the best UI in my opinion, and provides the sleekest smoothest experience.

I use chrome. I just think it's fast and reliable compared to some of the other browsers and also it allows me to run the Adblock and Ponyhoof extensions, which is always a plus!

Adblock runs in Firefox as well as many other scripts/extensions that people think are Chrome-specific. Though, what is Ponyhoof? Don't think I've ever heard of it before huh.png

(edited)

I use Mozilla Firefox, because I haven't tried Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer had put my computer into a laggy coma with over 5,000 viruses!

Seriously, I had to open 10+ tabs to get it to even start working! "Connecting to server, connecting to server, connecting to server..." It was, of course, still incredibly slow. It got fixed, however, and I started using Firefox.

Edited by Alkryn

I use Mozilla Firefox, because I haven't tried Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer had put my computer into a laggy coma with over 5,000 viruses!

Seriously, I had to open 10+ tabs to get it to even start working! "Connecting to server, connecting to server, connecting to server..." It was, of course, still incredibly slow. It got fixed, however, and I started using Firefox.

With all due respect, if your browser (even if it is internet explorer) acts like that, it's probably because you've downloaded something nasty and your PC needs cleaning up. You should look into it :s

With all due respect, if your browser (even if it is internet explorer) acts like that, it's probably because you've downloaded something nasty and your PC needs cleaning up. You should look into it :s

It was probably when I was playing ROBLOX, because that's the only program that can give out viruses that I stopped using after I got Firefox. Nonetheless, I had gotten rid of ROBLOX and cleaned the supposed viruses coming from it months before the change.