1. 1. What browser do you use?

• Chrome
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari
    • Internet Explorer
    • Other

• 2 months later...

I am developing a website and the website requires certain browsers in order to work because of the HTML 5 features. If I want to continue with the project, I need to ask about which browser a majority of people use. The options are:

• Internet Explorer(6,7,8,9,10,11...)
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox
  • Opera
  • Safari

So, which ones do you use a majority of the time? 

(edited)

I primarily use Google Chrome, but I'm using Firefox as I type this because Chrome has failed to start on me. Now you know my primary and my secondary.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I use Google Chrome which is objectively speaking the fastest browser out of the one the OP talks about in this thread.

Now, there is the occasional memory leak which I believe is caused by Shockwave Player (To be confirmed).

So, when that happens, I switch to Microsoft Internet Explorer, not because it's good ( it is not) but because I don't want to install another browser on my computer.

Edited by boiteporte
  • Brohoof 1

On my blasted iPad I use Safari (mainly because I don't have a choice).

But on my trusty laptop, I mainly use Internet Explorer. I shit you not.

• Brohoof 1

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" ~ Optimus Prime

(edited)

Firefox. I don't trust google enough to use chrome, Safari isn't linux compatible and IE is both incompatible and... blech... Whoever designed the tabbing system in version 10 should be shot... but anyway, I've used Opera before, it's pretty nice to be honest. It's just that I use firefox more because of the setup I've got going.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

I've honestly never understood the hate for Internet Explorer.

No, I'm not interested in hearing any "It's full of viruses!" or "It's sooo slow!" bullshit.

• Brohoof 1

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" ~ Optimus Prime

No, I'm not interested in hearing any "It's full of viruses!" or "It's sooo slow!" bullshit.

Microsoft made Internet Explorer popular by preinstalling it on every copy of Windows which is just unfair against every other browser developer.

• Brohoof 1

I don't like it because it doesn't keep up with the modern HTML language and it makes it much more difficult for web developers, like me, to increase advancements because not everyone will be able to experience the something as others to get the full range features.

Chrome is my main.

Firefox when I need to do something that doesn't agree with Chrome or I don't want to do from Chrome.

Both of the above apply to all my devices. Windows, OS X, Android, and iOS (except that FF isn't on that so just Chrome).

You couldn't pay me enough to use IE.

• Brohoof 1

124343-animatedanimated_gifgifTrixie_zps

WTB: Luna, Trixie dog tags & AJ blind bag | This fandom needs more Mane-iac! | AJ, Rarity, and Trixie trot into a bar.

The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast

I use a Chrome variant called Torch.  It's basically the same thing as Chrome with some extra features.  But, in my opinion, ironically, I think Firefox is better.  I used to always use it, and still do as it is my secondary browser, but somehow I randomly switched for no reason.

In my own comparisons, I've found that Chrome is a little faster, and that Firefox is better in memory handling.  Firefox is also better for when you are going to have a zilliion different tabs open (hence the memory handling).  I've been known to go on YouTube and keep clicking related video one after another, all in a new tab.  Chrome has crashed on me with only 20 some YouTube tabs, but I've had 150 YouTube tabs open in Firefox (I was testing its limits and gave up because I couldn't get it to crash, lmao).  For everything simple and lesser memory using, I'll use Chrome (rather Torch), even having 20 different MLP Forums tabs open or more.  For more memory using browsing, Firefox.

It's like comparing a half-ton pickup with its biggest gas engine available to a 3/4 ton pickup with the biggest diesel engine available.  Neither one is slow, though the half-ton is faster; but the 3/4 ton will tow more --> half-ton = Chrome ... 3/4 ton = Firefox.

Wow, now I really feel like a hick.

• Brohoof 1

sig-27651.c9d433c71d.png

~ Rise And Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions ~

Well, it is almost always slower than other browsers.

It lacks customization, often displays web pages incorrectly, has many many spam toolbars, etc.

It simply doesn't do the job nearly as well as other browsers like Chrome or Firefox.

• Brohoof 3

PF4o5D3.png

"You must never give in to despair.  Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts.  In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself.  That is the meaning of inner strength." - Uncle Iroh

i use internet explorer.

google bought youtube and is assisting the nsa with spying on us, so I wont use them.

I hate macs, so I wont use opera

firefox is slow as fuck.

Opera isn't Mac/Apple related, that's Safari.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

124343-animatedanimated_gifgifTrixie_zps

WTB: Luna, Trixie dog tags & AJ blind bag | This fandom needs more Mane-iac! | AJ, Rarity, and Trixie trot into a bar.

The Dreamcast didn't fail, we failed the Dreamcast