Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Owl's Well that Ends Well".  I do not particularly care for this episode.  Don't get me wrong, the humor's fine (heck, I love the "Look's like the punch has been Spiked" joke!), but I don't like the lesson, or the conflict for that matter, since it's completely unnecessary.  The lesson's supposed to be something along the lines of Spike overreacting to Twilight's fondness of Owlicious, but, here's the thing, I don't think he did!  I mean all of the Mane 6 pretty much love Owlicious, who I don't find that particularly likable or interesting in the first place, the second they meet him; heck, Rarity even gives him a gem-encrusted bow tie, which it took up until that very episode for Spike to get from her!!!  So yeah, I don't think he really overreacted in the first place, that owl was getting way more loving than he deserved in that episode, and thus the entire lesson of the episode is kinda contrived.

• Brohoof 1

The only one I was not a big fan of was the one with Owlicious, not to mention that it had 2 moments were it was not children aproprete, I think we know that it is.

I'm guessing one is the spiking the punch bit. What's the other?

Also for me, my least favourite episode is A Dog and Pony show. I'm not massive on Dragon Quest either.

I've completely forgotten everything that happened in Call of the Cutie, so I guess that takes my vote for having absolutely nothing in it worth sticking in my mind.

Thinking about it, I don't have a lot of dislikes. I don't enjoy going into detail about why I dislike a certain episode, either. Lengthy posts can be saved for things I do enjoy. So I'll just list some episodes I didn't enjoy or just found meh:

- Over A Barrel

- Owl's Well That Ends Well

- The Mysterious Mare Do Well
- Hearts and Hooves Day

- Hurricane Fluttershy (yes, I'm serious.)
- Spike at Your Service

Edited by Flipturn

I have three I very much don't like.

1. A Dog and Pony Show: I just didn't care and I didn't like the villins or Rarity whining to annoy them.  It's the only episode I simply don't like any element of.

2. Lesson Zero: I know many love this, but I just found Twilight's breakdown unsettling and unlikable.  I perfer Twilight when she at least somewhat has it together.  I'll admit there were cool visual moments though, like the sun moving like a clock.

3. Over a Barrel: PIES!?

Wonderbolt Academy.

It just wasn't enjoyable for me. Pacing felt wierd, and Rainbow's overly confident personally was as jarring as ever. Then Lightning Dust comes along and has the same ego and one-dimensional personality as Season 1 Rainbow Dash cranked up to 11.

It wasn't necessarily bad, I just couldn't stand it, probably for the same reason I can't stand Rainbow Dash's episodes in Season 1. :mellow:

Actually Wonderbolt Academy was one of my favourite episodes, it really brought out Rainbow Dash's character and I am a huge  fan of her.

Anyway I would have to say A dog and Pony show (like above, thanks for reminding me of it lol) because it wasn't very interesting and personally I think didn't improve on Rarity's character and if anything emphasized more on why to not like her.

• Brohoof 2

i honestly really didn't like The Magic Duel.

it just felt... mean-spirited. i don't have a problem with an episode being dark, but it felt uncharacteristically dark for the show. like bad fanfic-dark, what with temporary magical dictatorship trixie set up within one day. i didn't like seeing corrupted trixie's cruelty, despite having "made up" in the end. even after the alicorn amulet came off, she tried to zap RD with an agony spell. i get the feeling it wasn't just the amulet alone...she really did have the intent and capacity to hurt others. that episode made me dislike trixie.  the only thing i liked about the episode was getting to see Zecora  :wub:  and the "trixie doesn't trust wheels" thing was hilarious too, hahah.

Edited by crazitaco

To be honest I didn't really like A Dog and Pony Show too much, I just didn't find it as good as the other episodes they had >.< The Diamond Dogs looked pretty creepy and I first thought they would make good villains but instead they gave up so easily because of Rarity's whining lol.

Cupcakes. I know a lot of the metal/pony fans liked it, but I shat my heart through my nipples when I saw it and cried more than everypony after finding out Faust left the development team.

I've never seen it though, luckily.

• Brohoof 1

Cupcakes. I know a lot of the metal/pony fans liked it, but I shat my heart through my nipples when I saw it and cried more than everypony after finding out Faust left the development team.

I've never seen it though, luckily.

First, that's not an episode, even if it was (supposedly) made by a (former) DHX Media animator.

Second, you say you saw it, then you say you've never seen it. You either be trollin' or...

Third, it's at least better than the fanfic "Cupcakes" it was very loosely based on. And even I didn't like it that much.

Edited by immblueversion

First, that's not an episode, even if it was (supposedly) made by a (former) DHX Media animator.

Second, you say you saw it, then you say you've never seen it. You either be trollin' or...

Third, it's at least better than the fanfic "Cupcakes" it was very loosely based on.

I know it's not an episode, I was kidding. 

I never saw/read cupcakes, I was kidding. (I would shit my heart out and give it to RD as a replacement if I did)

For me it was "Mysterious Mare-Do-Well.

Just hated the idea behind the lesson, when your friends are full of themselves you decide to humiliate them and make them feel like crap.

If I was in Dash's position you can surely believe someone was going to get a good buck to the face.

I really hate Crusader episodes, it's the same crap over and over and over, I'd just wish they'd get their damn cutie marks so we can be rid of them and focus on more interesting characters.

• Brohoof 1

Least favorite would have to the Crystal Empire episodes. There's something hideously, fundamentally flawed about them that makes my brain hurt. I wouldn't necessarily say that they're the worst episodes, but they are my least favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

I stole this idea from several sources, but I want to see everyones honest opinions about this. (I didn't see a previous thread on this topic either)

From season 1, season 2, and season 3, every episode in this, what is your most hated, most teeth grinding episode you  have ever watched, and why? Give off some legitimate points, rather than something like 'I hate this pony therefor I hate this episode'

Also, I hope people will be mature in this topic. Everyone has their right to their opinions, and you might learn a thing or two that you didn't notice before. But please, no arguments in the thread. I dont want to see a thread go down because people cant be mature.

Now, Ill post my most hated episode of mlp

Mlp season 3, Spike At Your Service 

I know theirs a lot of spike fans out there, I mean come on. Hes a dragon. And Im a spike fan too. And having an episode about spike is always refreshing, but this one took a turn for the worst.

First Ill point out something that really bothers me. If I remember correctly, back when spike was trying to learn what its like to be a dragon, and hang around some teenage dragons, he learned he was doing life the right way by living in ponyville and being like the other ponys, in a sence. Also an additional note, it was more discouraged that spike act like a true dragon and be with dragon nature, on the episode where he was filled with greed, and turned into a giant dragon. So why is his dragon code suddenly one of the most important things, if the show already discourages dragon behavior? Not to mention in this episode, if hes been annoying before, here hes at his worst.

The other annoying part, is how many times the ponys, mostly AJ, has to repete what she and spike has done that would make spike want to serve her. Once or twice is fine, but three times or more, and the viewer is getting tired of hearing it.

Another thing that bothers me, and always has, is AJ breaking away from what shes most known for, Honesty. If you think faking being stuck in a rock and about to be attacked by evil wood wolf things and trying to get spike to believe you is honesty, then we have some problems.

Now my BIGGEST problem with this episode, and I hope is everyone elses too, is the fact that spike so easeally leaves twilights side. If everyone remembers from the crystal empire episodes, spikes greatest fear is that twilight doesnt want him around her anymore. And yet, when an opportunity arises to leave her side, he takes it like its on a silver platter, and almost sounds excited afterwords. If your going to make an episode about spikes character, try not to butcher his character. Thats probably a bad way of doing it.

To round this all up, it was an annoying episode, that was bad at keeping characters themselves, and the first episode where 5 minutes in I was screaming on skype for it to be over. Ive even had people agree with me on this, that this episode too, was their most hated episode, so I don't think Ill get much hate got posting this. If my opinion bothers you, I am sorry, but its just my opinion.

Edited by Nicole Artist
  • Brohoof 3

Probably The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, I get the lesson, but couldn't think of a different way to make the story, sure Rainbow may have been bragging, but she was saving precious beautiful lives! And her friends take it the wrong way, and make her feel useless! WTF! You guys! That gives me more reasons to like Dashie!

Spike at Your Service: A very good episode, but I just didn't that into it. Even though, it's a Spike episode I really did not enjoy it at all for a Season 3 spotlight for the little dragon.

• Brohoof 1

The very first episode.

< . <

> . >

I generally don't like first episodes, usually because the introduction puts me off the show, and that's what happened with MLP FiM. The whole waiting for something to happen bored me, so I didn't watch another episode for a week after watching it :P But it's not like I hated it or anything. I just didn't fancy it as much as I fancied the others.

• Brohoof 2

I don't understand why everyone hates the Spike at your Service episode, to me it's one of my favorites, I read the reasons, but no one seems to come up with an actual convincing reason to me. :L

Anyways. 

My least favorite episode is Putting Your Hoof Down (Link for rant blog about it)

It was an awesome episode, it was pretty funny, and I liked it and all, but the moral and everything else was what I honestly despised so very fucking much.

Quote from blog:

I loved the episode, it's pretty good, but the moral of it kinda sickens me. It started out with Fluttershy wanting to be assertive yada yada yada, Pinkie and Rarity try to help her, yada yada yada, FLUTTERSHY takes assertive lessons, she becomes overwhelmed with them, treats her friends like crap, and not just that, but gives them the idea that their whole life is a waste of time. Being all they really do, and Fluttershy calling it pointless.

That scene in particular was quite bothersome, my least favorite of the mane 6 talking down my two favorite ponies pretty much made me want to drive a bus into a schoolhouse of children. I couldn't even imagine the horror of Fluttershy talking down the rest of her friends. Anyways, back on the episode. She repents, and feels horrible about what she did, but then something happens, which angers me EVEN more. They blame Iron Will for this whole thing, and not even Fluttershy, I'm accusing both Pinkie and Rarity of this, which sickens me. 

• Brohoof 2

The only episode I really don't like watching is "Griffon the Brushoff." Gilda is a very flat, boring character, and watching her be an ass for 20 minutes was unpleasant. She doesn't have a convincing reason to be an ass, she isn't mean in ways that make sense, and there is literally no reason for Rainbow Dash to like her.

The only thing about that episode I like is when Pinkie tells Fluttershy that her "auntie Pinkie" has it all under control, and Fluttershy is just like "... I'm a year older than you." THE ONLY THING.

• Brohoof 2