Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I don't "hate" any of the episodes. Hate is a strong word. There are very few things that I really hate...

I can't really come up with some episodes that I dislike either... But of course I like some episodes better than other, every single one isn't perfect.

"Mysterious Mare Do Well"

Suddenly everything is a freaking joke. The previously shown flat and barely industrialized village somehow turned into a massive death trap. Suicide ramps, unstable construction site, and that huge yet fragile hydroelectric dam. Rainbow Dash as a huge jerk. Scootaloo stopped worshipping her. Instead of learning the lesson herself, all five of her friends had to 'teach' her harshly.

What

• Brohoof 1

Canterlot wedding=all of my hate.

It's a precursor to a terrible terrible trend that's gonna appear in season 3.

the shoehorned characters.

What's your point? Sweetie Belle wasn't mentioned to be Rarity's sister until over halfway into Season 1 and she lives in the same town, I don't recall Braeburn appearing at the Apple Family Reunion either. Both of these characters have connections with members of the Mane 6 yet neither are mentioned by their relatives even once before they appear? It's almost as if they were "gasp" shoehorned in order to make the story work.

Back on topic, can't stand Mmmmystery on the Friendship Express.

Edited by brian577

What's your point? Sweetie Belle wasn't mentioned to be Rarity's sister until over halfway into Season 1 and she lives in the same town. "Shoehorned" characters are not a new thing, I don't remember Rainbow Dash mentioning a childhood Griffon friend until Gilda appeared and Braeburn wasn't at the Apple Family Reunion.

Back on topic, can't stand Mmmmystery on the Friendship Express.

And actually the cmc appear at ep1 (look at nightmare moon's first appearance)

Braeburn is part of a huge Apple family. that's fine.

Gilda is friend from flight school... there's alot of people in flight school. It's justifiable.

sweetie has been living with their parents. also justified on the ep she was introduced.

Shining armour? close best friend brother guy? Twilight's been in canterlot how many times and never mentioned or visited him or even contacted him? BBBFF MAN!

Cadence-given the impression that Luna and Celestia are divine beings, who's physical emblemation of said station is the form of alicorn. BAM suddenly sum ho who has no discernible purpose in the mlp cosmos besides being a damsel and bride to some BBBFF that never existed before.

Changelings? justifiable. they're part of the mlp bestiary. Much of which is yet to be fully catalogued.

And actually the cmc appear at ep1 (look at nightmare moon's first appearance)

Braeburn is part of a huge Apple family. that's fine.

Gilda is friend from flight school... there's alot of people in flight school. It's justifiable.

sweetie has been living with their parents. also justified on the ep she was introduced.

Shining armour? close best friend brother guy? Twilight's been in canterlot how many times and never mentioned or visited him or even contacted him? BBBFF MAN!

Cadence-given the impression that Luna and Celestia are divine beings, who's physical emblemation of said station is the form of alicorn. BAM suddenly sum ho who has no discernible purpose in the mlp cosmos besides being a damsel and bride to some BBBFF that never existed before.

Changelings? justifiable. they're part of the mlp bestiary. Much of which is yet to be fully catalogued.

You can make all the justifications you want, but your still cherry picking what you want to be canon. Applejack needed to have a relative in Appaloosa to justify the trip, Sweetie Belle was already a Hasbro property so they needed to shoehorn her in somewhere. I know the CMCs appeared in the first episode, so where was Sweetie Belle's parents? They weren't present either, if Sweetie Belle is from Ponyville, then it stands to reason that their parents are from Ponyville, so how come we don't see them outside of Sisterhooves Social? Aren't they shoehorned in too? What about Twilight's parents? They were only mentioned in Cutie Mark Chronicles and in A Canterlot Wedding, how come she never talks about visiting them? She never mentions them or Shining Armor because they are not relevant to the plot and the writers can't predict what the series is going to be like 2-3 seasons down the road. If you want to call it shoehorning fine, but don't act like they haven't been adding new characters all time or new locations or new concepts.

I didn't like the episode, It's About Time. Twilight wasted her time worrying about her future self that she went through a lot of trouble just to learn the time traveling spell so she could warn her past self about what her future self had warned her about.

Posted Image

I agree, it felt like the people who made MLP ran out of ideas so they just put together a rough script. It doesn't in any way advance the characters stories or even provide an enjoyable episode. It's About Time is the only episode I don't like. Edited by RainbowDashRulez
  • Brohoof 2

You can make all the justifications you want, but your still cherry picking what you want to be canon. Applejack needed to have a relative in Appaloosa to justify the trip, Sweetie Belle was already a Hasbro property so they needed to shoehorn her in somewhere. I know the CMCs appeared in the first episode, so where was Sweetie Belle's parents? They weren't present either, if Sweetie Belle is from Ponyville, then it stands to reason that their parents are from Ponyville, so how come we don't see them outside of Sisterhooves Social? Aren't they shoehorned in too? What about Twilight's parents? They were only mentioned in Cutie Mark Chronicles and in A Canterlot Wedding, how come she never talks about visiting them? She never mentions them or Shining Armor because they are not relevant to the plot and the writers can't predict what the series is going to be like 2-3 seasons down the road. If you want to call it shoehorning fine, but don't act like they haven't been adding new characters all time or new locations or new concepts.

Applejack has mentioned she has family across equestria with their own apple orchards. Hence the premise of the episode is utterly fine. It's a very canon episode, hence not shoehorned.

the celestia/parents thing is whole different can of worms. and by questioning that... ur kinda implying ponies don't procreate. As if it had to be shown that parents exist.

attaching that to ep1 sweetie belle, they do exist. Might as well ask why the elderly of ponyville nursing home aren't there to meet their god-princess. or various other ponies that could easily be doing other things at the time. As shown by the show, the fillies aren't so young as to need all that much supervising by adults.

and by the end of sisterhoove social. their parents are on a trip quite indefinitely. Their return will likely be an ep in the series eventually, causing a dilemma for sweetie belle. But unrelated.

the cherry picking going on here is the definition of justifiable. Justifiable being able to be explained to be within canon with little trouble.

I really didn't like "May the Best Pet Win." Rainbow Dash can certainly be a jerk upon occasion, but I thought she was in rare form in that episode. And despite her being so mean, rude and condesending to all of the animals (though Tank, especially), it bugged me that they still wanted to "honor" of being her pet. Why would anyone try so hard to please someone who treats them so badly? It just didn't sit well with me at all. I appreciated that Rainbow at least learned her lesson in that one, though, although I would like to see more of Tank in the future, just to see if she has remained kinder/more respectful of him.

Well I didn't care for the episode where AJ wanted to buck all of the apple's herself. Over a Barrel I did not like because they really did a crap job on designing the buffaloes (Native Americans).

I didn't like MMMystery Express episode because the guilty party was pretty obvious.

I also didn't like the Super Cider Squeezy...Because I just don't like things based off of Tall Tales, because they have been way too overdone.

Applejack has mentioned she has family across equestria with their own apple orchards. Hence the premise of the episode is utterly fine. It's a very canon episode, hence not shoehorned.

the celestia/parents thing is whole different can of worms. and by questioning that... ur kinda implying ponies don't procreate. As if it had to be shown that parents exist.

attaching that to ep1 sweetie belle, they do exist. Might as well ask why the elderly of ponyville nursing home aren't there to meet their god-princess. or various other ponies that could easily be doing other things at the time. As shown by the show, the fillies aren't so young as to need all that much supervising by adults.

and by the end of sisterhoove social. their parents are on a trip quite indefinitely. Their return will likely be an ep in the series eventually, causing a dilemma for sweetie belle. But unrelated.

the cherry picking going on here is the definition of justifiable. Justifiable being able to be explained to be within canon with little trouble.

I don't recall mentioning Celestia's missing parents once or mentioning Celestia AT ALL for that matter. Your arguing that because Twilight's parents have been confirmed to exist they don't need to be mentioned. What about Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy's parents, they've never been seen or even mentioned to exist even when they were in Cloudsdale, are you going to call them shoehorned in when they do appear and claim the Pegasi were always orphans? I "justify" the fact that Shining Armor was never mentioned by Twilight the same way I justify her never talking about her parents, they were never relevant to the conversation. Do you bring your siblings (assuming you have any) up in casual conversation all the time when it's not relevant? I don't.

• Brohoof 3

I really don't hate any of the episodes, but by far the one I liked the least was...

wait... hang on... I need to refresh my memory. :lol:

Actually no, I really just enjoyed all of the episodes. I didn't dislike any of them to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

So far, not any in particular, but there is one episode so far where the message bugs me. I can't remember the name right now, but it is the one where Pinkie Pie has the psychic twitches. I love the episode, but the message is essentially, see something strange or out of place? Don't question it! I just think that many things should be questioned if it makes no sense whatsoever, and the moral in this episode was opposite of that.

I don't hate most episodes, but the Spike episodes are kind boring. I don't really care for the ones where Spike turns greedy, or when he meets other dragons. However, I love MLP, and all their episodes. Rarely will there be an episode I hate.

Mysterious Mare Do Well wasn't so bad. Dashie wasn't considered a jerk, but she was just getting a bit annoying. Still, can't believe the other mane six created a whole scheme just to teach her that lesson. :P

I don't care for the Gilda episode. She was extremely cruel to Fluttershy and didn't give a sincere apology! Why would you do such a thing?! :( That's pretty much all I can think of right now... Um... Yeah. That's pretty much it.

So far, not any in particular, but there is one episode so far where the message bugs me. I can't remember the name right now, but it is the one where Pinkie Pie has the psychic twitches. I love the episode, but the message is essentially, see something strange or out of place? Don't question it! I just think that many things should be questioned if it makes no sense whatsoever, and the moral in this episode was opposite of that.

Come on, don't use a strawman when bashing the message. The moral was more that somethings just can't be explained and/or you shouldn't ridicule others over their beliefs. What's so bad about that?

Come on, don't use a strawman when bashing the message. The moral was more that somethings just can't be explained and/or you shouldn't ridicule others over their beliefs. What's so bad about that?

Let's say someone says that they have some kind of psychic abilities. Would you really just sit there and go 'That's cool'' just because it is 'their belief'? I really hate that about modern society. Anyone can say that they have a belief in something and it automatically makes them immune to criticism or doubt. Of course I would believe in Pinkie Pie's psychic twitching before most people's personal beliefs because, well, it actually did something.

Either way, I am not here to stir problems, I just think that logical thinking and reasoning should be the real moral, instead of 'Eh, go along with it because it makes them feel good'.

While the lessons in the Fluttershy episodes, are about comfronting your fears, and standing up for yourself, they're awfully out of character, which isn't a bad thing depending on the situation, but she doesn't even act like herself, which is what makes me dislike the episodes overall.

Besides that, I think the Owls Well that Ends Well episode never really interested me, it was a good episode, but I never paid much attention to it '~'

But overall, my least favorite episode was the Mare do well episode, it wasn't bad, but I disliked the idea of what the rest of the Mane 6 did to try to find a solution to the problem.

So much for love and tolerate? Anyway, sorry, I don't think I worded myself clearly enough in my last post. The gist of my interpretation of the moral is you can believe what you want and even reasonably debate your ideas with those of a different mindset, but don't impose your ideas on others.

Edited by Dr.RedundantPh.D

Let's say someone says that they have some kind of psychic abilities. Would you really just sit there and go 'That's cool'' just because it is 'their belief'? I really hate that about modern society. Anyone can say that they have a belief in something and it automatically makes them immune to criticism or doubt. Of course I would believe in Pinkie Pie's psychic twitching before most people's personal beliefs because, well, it actually did something.

Either way, I am not here to stir problems, I just think that logical thinking and reasoning should be the real moral, instead of 'Eh, go along with it because it makes them feel good'.

So much for love and tolerate? Anyway, sorry, I don't think I worded myself clearly enough in my last post. The gist of my interpretation of the moral is you can believe what you want and even reasonably debate your ideas with those of a different mindset, but don't impose your ideas on others.

Heh, this was actually my favorite episode xD

The way I look at it is, sometimes, there's more than meets the eye, not everything can be explained, might as well enjoy the little things in life such as odd quirks.

Other than that, I got nothin' xD

• Brohoof 2