Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ugh. I hate jumping on the bandwagon here, but Mysterious Mare Do Well.

The moral and the way Rainbow Dash was portrayed (and this is my third favorite pony we're talking about) just rubbed me the wrong way. Okay, so Rainbow was being a bit cocky. Wasn't the Mane 6 doing the exact same thing she was doing? You can clearly see the mane 6 bragging about their feats while disguised as Mare Do Well, just to purposely tick off Rainbow. Rainbow was just doing something that made her happy. She did brag a bit, but not as much as the mane 6 were blatantly rubbing it in her face. The Mane 6 set up this whole elaborate plan just to stop their friend from doing what she liked to do. Uh huh. They should have totally apologized at the end, or maybe they could have had a plot twist where the mane 6 got so caught up in the Mare Do Well lie that they become overly cocky themselves.

Positives? The episode was funny and the animation was good, but the moral ticks me off so much.

I'm not a big Dragon Quest fan either. Can we just agree that Merriwether Williams hates Rainbow Dash (I do like Hearths Warming Eve and Putting Your Hoof Down, so I'm not against the writer in general)? Also, the whole episode felt like a big lost opportunity to give Spike, his background and dragons in general more development. Instead, they spend half the episode focusing on teenage dragons.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 3

I can't really say. I never came face to face with a boring pony episode. But if I had to come up with a episode to dislike I would have to say Sister hooves social.

EDIT: I forgot something. Hearts warming eve. I don't really hate the episode but Christmas really isn't my favorite holiday :mellow:

Edited by Dontlookmenaked

i really hated these episodes

ticket master: all the ponies were being ultimate pests towards twilight sparkle for some lame tickets to a boring party

fall weather friends: this episode is the main reason why i hated jocks when i was in school, all brawn and no brains! i was happy when rainbow dash and apple jack both lost the sad excuse of a race

My least favorite episode would probably be the Sisterhooves Social.. too much drama..xD

Plus didnt really get the episode.. felt pretty boring. the episode also felt really awkward.. there was just something about it that made it stupid :P

But my favorite episode would probably be "May the best pet win" because I liked the turtle.. he was so aweshum and kyeeewt. :3

I felt bad for him though because rainbow dash was putting him down :(

"My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" has had a fairly fortunate run. There really aren't any terrible episodes that just fall apart. I've seen such episodes in several other shows, even some superior shows to this one. However, if I were to classify the worst episode of the series, I'd say "Griffin the Brush Off". The episode has a good concept, but Gilda drags it down with what a terrible antagonist she is. I wanted to see her leave because I was sick of listening to her, not because she was mean.

Personally, I don't like "Feeling Pinkie Keen". I really hoped Twilight would discover how Pinkie predicts future, but instead she was like "I can't understand it, I give up".

Edited by Spatsi

Personally, I don't like "Feeling Pinkie Keen". I really hoped Twilight would discover how Pinkie predicts future, but instead she was like "I can't understand it, I give up".

Well duh Nopony can figure out Pinkie's special powers she is just to unpredictable to fully understand wich is why Twilight gave up.

Plus I also think things dont always have a logical explanation behind them.

Plus I also think things dont always have a logical explanation behind them.

I respect your point of view, however, I tend to be very rational in everything and always try to find out how things work. I was expecting some cool scientific explanation, so I was very disappointed in the end.

My least favorite episode was The Mysterious Mare Do Well. It was written by a new writer and it just felt too different. Rainbow Dash acted so oddly and out of character-ly.

I also didn't like Feeling Pinkie Keen very much. Well to be honest I really enjoyed the episode up until the "lesson" at the end where Twilight just "accepts" to believe in things even though she doesn't understand them. It just seems wrong. I feel that it's not the kind of values that they should teach to kids. They should teach them to have their own opinion and to think critically, not to blindly accept whatever is said to them. Anyway that's my personal opinion. That being said, I liked the rest of the episode, but the end ruined it for me.

• Brohoof 1

That one with Owlicious. That episode was actually boring :/ and when the CMC sings somewhere or what it was. I didn't like that episode at all.

"Owls Well that ends well" is the episode title and Spike simply overeacted to the admirition Twilight was giving him.

The one where the CMC sing is "The Show Stoppers" (dang i memorized the episode titled) Would've been so better if Sweetie Belle sang.

Least fav epasode? id have to say......"The Mysterious Mare Do Well"

why? mostly because i relly dont think it makes much sence that they did a Batman paradie in MLP.

i mean does a place like ponyvile need a vigalanty? no, not relly. Plus it just wasint a very funny epasode.

• Brohoof 2

So far...I thought Mare Do Well was pretty weak and had a totally predictable ending. Nothing with Dashie can be all bad, but I'm not surprised to hear it was written by a newbie. Rainbow cares about accomplishment, not fame. She would rather win a flying contest than a popularity contest. Whoever was writing it didn't really get that. Coming right after one of the best Rainbow episodes, May the Best Pet Win, it was a disappointment.

And the Owlicious episode...I'm trying to figure out what was good about that one. We got to see some nice shots of Twilight...no, better not go there. It added a new dimension to her and Spike's relationship...no, not really. The play on the name Aloysius was good for a chuckle...well, the first time. It provided fodder for TwiSpike shipping? Score! B)

Also I believe Rainbow Dash was in it.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 3

Being a huge Rainbow Dash fan, my answer is obviously Mysterious Mare Do Well. Everyone else expressed it better than I ever could so I won't add much except that I really didn't like the portrayal of her character.

• Brohoof 2

I think that my least favorite was Fall Weather Friends.... It got a laugh out of me ever other joke and It was just full of overly used puns... The funniest part of it were Spike and Pinkie in the balloon and if found that disappointing.....

• 1 month later...

We all love the show, but no matter what you watch, there is always that one episode that just bugs you. You may just don't like the writting, the characters act weird or different, or whatever it may be, you just don't like it. Well, what's your least favourite episode of all 55.

• Brohoof 1

Idk... Eather mare do well... Or the stair master

Mare do well, I don't like for obvious reasons... (Rd being a boating... Ya...)

And stair master because, twilight was turned into stone... That was, um... Idk... If your stone your dead... That I didn't like...

We all love the show, but no matter what you watch, there is always that one episode that just bugs you.

I dunno. I actually enjoyed all the episodes. I can't think of a one I didn't like. (at least off the top of my head)

Yeah, I just kinda had a fun time watching all the episodes.

im not a critic, so i cant exactly say. But it's probably be the episode where rainbow dash competes in that flying competition against rarity. first, Rarity isnt exactly one to go into competitions based on skill. second, im pretty sure twilight wouldve found a spell thats easier to pull of then giving a unicorn bucking WINGS. and last, why would rainbow dash still have nerves? she showed those bullys whos boss by breaking the sound barrier as a FILLY, so why should rarity scare her?

Edited by darklord260

Easily "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well." Rainbow Dash may be impatient and a bit egotistical, but here, it was way up the wazoo; and she behaved like an even worse jerk. And then the hypocritical way the other Mane 6 did to put her back down to earth, humiliating her and embarrassing her. This isn't something Twilight Sparkle or any of Rainbow Dash's friends would EVER do, and the fact that the episode went down that path disgusted me! The Mane Six were so out of character in this episode that it's mind-boggling.

• Brohoof 3

One episode that irked me a little bit was The Last Round-up where Applejack went to compete in a rodeo and bring back to Ponyville first prize and the mayor (she was a rather annoying about this) prize money.

I tend to hold Applejack at higher standards when it comes to levelheadedness and watching her not come home and run from her friends when they came to console her just made me...ugh, I don't know, I just wish it wasn't Applejack that did it. She always seems to have better composure than the other ponies and she displays awesome traits aside from her element, honesty.

A.J. is always the first one to be the bigger pony and apologize for her mistakes. Like in Look Before You Sleep and Fall Weather Friends, Applejack is the one who apologizes to Rarity and Rainbow Dash, respectively. In Dragonshy, Applejack was the only pony who opted to take the longer path up the mountain so that Fluttershy could make it, while everyone else seemed to just get impatient. Applejack is the one who pulls back Rainbow Dash's tail before she can do anything rash or impulsive. I may go out on a limb to say that Applejack is even a bit more mature than the others to some degree.

Even though I understood the reasons behind her actions, watching her fall apart and lie to her friends in the Round-up episode really just made me sad. :(

Edited by LunaEclipse
  • Brohoof 1