Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

Becominga brony made me become more confident of myself due to the fact that I have the balls to admit that I like a show that was made for little girls. It has also gained me alot more friends as well as introducing me to an awesome community (for the most part).

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Became a happier, more kind person. Before life was kind of dull and sad.

In real life, I just hide it and keep it a secret and never speak a word about it so it works out even though my sister has tried telling everyone she can.

• Brohoof 1

Well at first I had a good friend that loved mlp and I thought it was wierd but he told me to try the show and since then I have loved every moment of it and I had never though that a guy like me woukd become a brony  but now were are best of friend peace mlp ppl$_$

I have to say mlp changed my life but only in a small way. I'm more of a closet brony because people suck a lot but it has given me a more open minded look at other people who like "baby" shows or products. My friend really likes this show "ever after high" and if I weren't a brony, I would definitely make fun of her. At least a little bit. 

To be honest, not a whole lot, I was a nerdy geeky goofball before MLP and my friends knew it, I got into MLP and guess what, I'm still a nerdy geeky goofball that just so happens to like mlp.

when i first discovered my little pony friendship is magic i was pretty depressed but pinkie pie and her silly antics brought a smile to my face and i have laughed and have grown to love the show and the fandom that surrounds it

Didn't really change me all that much to be brutally honest, I just found another dorky title to add to my repertoire lol.

i imagine its the same for a lot of people like when i started watching anime it was just something that kinda happened 

i imagine its the same for a lot of people like when i started watching anime it was just something that kinda happened 

Well I watch a lot of different kinds of animation and am in a lot of sub-fandoms, MLP is one of them and possibly the biggest one I'm in.

• Brohoof 1

Hello @mindfracture!

As your topic was identical to ones posted by @SnipSnap and @jacibobsthebrony, I went ahead and merged yours with the other two. In the future please remember to use the forum search function or to use the Google site search by using site:mlpforums.com.

Thank you and have a good day. :)

well... no, not really, i think.

except that i began to draw, but i´d probably draw anyways, just not ponies.

BUT..

i am saying this now, already a part of this community.

It´s hard for me to say how life would look without the fandom(not that i am a big part of it anyway), so i probably shouldn´t say something like that so thoughlessly.

Maybe it did change my life, but i just don´t know it.

I say goodness and heck. That's a big thing for me! Before MLP I wouldn't have ever talked like that. But it's mostly been good, I've always been happy and positive about, well, anything but now even more so! :)

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I'm kind of in the middle in this. Bronyhood itself didn't really change my life, but MLP DID set me on the track to discovering numerous shows and fandoms which DID end up changing my life, and I probably wouldn't have found them without MLP. :mlp_smile:

• Brohoof 1

It has absolutely changed it for the better and has pulled me out of some really tough mental times for me. I’m so genuinely happy to be a part of this incredible fandom and to have made the friends that I’ve made. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Being a brony has totally changed my life due to the fact that it opened my eyes to just how judgemental this world can be. Yes, let me be honest. Being a brony changed the way I think about others around. It allowed me to view things in a completely different perspective because it gave me the drive to be more compassionate and kind to one another. I'm a Christian, a firm believer of Jesus Christ. When watching MLP, I could see the messages that are preached, because really, you have to have to the eyes of a child but the mind of a wise man to truly get all that MLP teaches. My parents kept telling me to "grow up" and that MLP was for little girls. I pushed through, and it only made me stronger. It takes trusting yourself to be a brony, and I've had plenty of moments where. doubted that I'd make it to the end of the show, but here I am. Thanks to MLPF, a loving community with passionate and like-minded people, and the other bronies I've met, it has truly been a journey for me. I wouldn't have even imagined myself being a brony if I hadn't gone away to college for freshman year. That's why I say sometimes, all it takes is one. 

• Brohoof 2