Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did anyone else notice, in the Sonic Rainboom episode...

spaghettinoodles

...that Lyra is in the audience of the Cloudaseum, without wings? I keep seeing her jump up and down and it's so cute :3 she was probably just put there as an Easter egg, but I'm also wondering if perhaps one of her parents is a Pegasus, and maybe that's made her able to walk on clouds if she can get up there.

It's also a possibility that she used the spell to walk on clouds, but I think only ponies advanced in magic like Twilight know how to do stuff like that. Not saying that she can't be advanced in it, but it doesn't seem like it's her special talent

(edited)

Easter egg is a term used for video games. damn you Neikos

It is just a little present in the show :P

And yes, but Lyra is a background pony. All backgrounds are used everywhere.

Edited by Crona the Critic

There's a wingless pony in Rainbow's flashback, sitting on a cloud up in Cloudsdale as well, when she zooming by with her Sonic Rainboom.

Easter egg is a term used for video games.

It is just a little present in the show :P

And yes, but Lyra is a background pony. All backgrounds are used everywhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(media)

Sorry what? Easter eggs exist in every medium...

I read too many fanfics to say Lyra is not a secret guard ( undercover if you wish ) and thus has a lot of power. So it is perfectly possible for her to perhaps know the cloud walking spell.

Well she is a Unicorn, Maybe she new the same spell as Twilight and uses it to watch the Competition every year even though I think her magic is for voices(Bon-bon). I want to know how Dr. Whooves went from a Earth ponie to a Pegasis.

I want to know how Dr. Whooves went from a Earth ponie to a Pegasis.

He must have gotten regenerated as a pegasus with a different voice! He is the Doctor, after all.

Also, Derpy was both competing and in the audience at the same time. I'm aware that background ponies are often reused and "cloned" in some shots, but I found that amusing.

• Brohoof 1

Now, I'm not saying that it was Changelings, but...CHANGELINGS.

That's the best universal answer for any weirdness or anachronisms in the show.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Actually it was only the grant wings to an earth pony that was difficult for twilight.

Allowing earth ponies to walk on clouds is easy. There are probably several unicorns in Ponyville who can cast that one.

No one told derpy she couldnt be at two places at once! Dont get mad she didnt know!

Also I noticed this but was way to lazy to make a thread about it. Oh well We know Lyra has powerful magic she showed us when she sat on that chair! Powerful...

Of course then there is the whole series "My little bloopers mistakes are forever" -- but here I have to think she cast cloudwalking. Lyra is pretty well known as a pony who gets into everywhere. She was even well connected enough to have been a bridesmaid in canterlot before being replaced by the mane 6. If any background pony in ponyville were able to cast cloudwalking, it would be her.

I would almost think her talent would be "Enabling Mischief" which would allow for all sorts of spells including cloudwalking.

Probably there as a little "where's waldo" challenge as they do with Derpy a lot now, and to fill in the crowd. Their excuse would probably be: "She's a unicorn, and she knows the cloud walking spell"

She may also know that the humans are watching and wanted to follow when the cameras went to Cloudsdale.

For the hundredth time yes

... one of her parents is a Pegasus, and maybe that's made her able to walk on clouds if she can get up there.

Regardless of parents she is what she is a unicorn so she probably did use cloudwalking spell.

The was an earth filly in the clouds in cutie mark chronicles (animation error) so yeah... and look here

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC8cNO6tUVU&feature=player_detailpage#t=381s

@ 6:20 Lyra but then she's a possessed brides made underground! And look,look! Hourglass cutie marks!

She a background pony for a reason

I guess the creators didn't think of our sharp cough*nitpicking*cough eyes but it's part of the brony charm so yeah :)

Edited by PonyPowaX1000

• 4 years later...