Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Episode minority/unpopular opinions

Silly Lily

Some of this is based on what you think are popularly "hated" or "loved" so some things may seem a bit off. Basically what episodes do you find yourself disagreeing with everypony.

For simplicity and organization, please split your post into two duo sections

1a) S1 Episodes many seem to LIKE that you DISLIKE or don't LIKE as much

1b) S2 ...

2a) S1 Episodes many seem to DISLIKE that you LIKE or don't DISLIKE as much

2b) S2 ...

(Character version of this thread)

-

1a) Dragonshy. Frankly I found myself agreeing with Rainbow Dash most of the time (and that's something odd for me) Even if I reluctantly give Fluttershy some leeway about her being shy and scared, she was bascially the burden the entire episode... In fact, the only thing I really like is Applejack's treatment towards Fluttershy. She was a saint.

1b) Canterlot Wedding. In so many polls it's considered one of the favs. I've even seen it compared to Disney. Seriously? I don't necessarily dislike it but I certainly don't necessarily like it. It would easily be on the bottom of my list.

2a) Owl's Well that Ends Well. Although I don't like seeing Spike upset nor do I really care for the Owl, I really don't find the episode bad at all. In fact, I love Spike's melodramatic interpretations of everything and his complete ineptitude in framing the Owl.

2b) Mysterious Mare Do Well. That episode almost single-hoof'edly made me like Rainbow Dash. The fact that fame went to her head was a great character "flaw". And when she was being upstaged she became very insecure and vulnerable, and I found that to make her much more endearing. Before that episode she was just self-centered and brash; after that episode I started to like her.

Edited by Silly Lily

Canterlot Wedding bored me.

Which surprises me, because it's one that has a lot of action, and I thought my favorite ones would be the action-central ones. Instead my favorites are the girly emotional ones. And weddings do nothing for me.

My least favorite episode is the Family Appreciation one. Don't know how people felt about that one.

I've heard people really liked Hearts and Hooves Day. I thought it was ok.

I thought the first 4 episodes were terrible, unlike where everyone felt in love with it.

I also liked Mare do Well. ^^ Not necessarily with all the cliche super hero things, which were done purposefully.

but it also showed Rainbow Dash's character. Like Lily said, her vulnerability when upstaged. It was also that came up much, much earlier in that "Fall Weather Friends", which caused Rainbow Dash to momentarily fall into a state of modesty after being bested by Applejack early on in the episode.

I thought the first 4 episodes were terrible, unlike where everyone felt in love with it.

I also liked Mare do Well. ^^ Not necessarily with all the cliche super hero things, which were done purposefully.

but it also showed Rainbow Dash's character. Like Lily said, her vulnerability when upstaged. It was also that came up much, much earlier in that "Fall Weather Friends", which caused Rainbow Dash to momentarily fall into a state of modesty after being bested by Applejack early on in the episode.

I agree on both.

I had a lot of trouble getting into the show at first. The first 4 episodes did not help.

In fact, I HATED Pinkie Pie with a passion.

Somewhere along the line, I watched a whole bunch of episodes in a row and realized I was actually really into the show. And Pinkie's my second favorite pony.

Mare Do Well's one of my favorite episodes. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I'm more into the show when the characters really, really have to learn a lesson. The episode when Fluttershy becomes too tough and the one where Rarity ditches her friends to be in Canterlot are two of my favorites.

1a) The only season 1 episode I don't like so much is Boast Busters, not sure how universally recieved it is but I just don't like it.

1b) It's About Time, I liked it at first but I don't find it to be a very good episode in repeat viewings, Twilight just acts like a complete moron in it.

2a) I really like the series premiere episodes, they seem to be somewhat panned by others most of the time but I personally don't see any problems with them.

2b) A surprising amount of people seem to dislike Putting Your Hoof Down and Dragon Quest, but I really like those episodes personally.

1a) Friendship is Magic: Part 1 and 2. Yes, people say it's the big introduction to the world of FiM, but I hated the pilot episode, and didn't really get me interested in the show.

1b) Lesson Zero. Most remember and like this episode due to Twilight being completely insane. (And kinda scary.) But to me, it's just a big freakout episode with people thinking Twilight must have everything perfect and completely worships Celestia.

2a) Owl's Well That Ends Well. It's not that bad of an episode, or at least not as bad as how others put it. I found it to be a decent enough episode.

2b) May the Best Pet Win! The episode was predictable... but It was entertaining the whole way through. I just enjoy it for some reason.

The Canterlot Wedding was boring, uninspired and cheesy. I just wanted a wedding episode, not kidnapping and attacks. I have no idea why, I just feel like a traditional wedding could've been done extremely well, that they could've made a hilarious, wacky episode without the stupid changelings.

The Ticket Master is the best episode in the series, and probably the most adorable one too.

I didn't think Baby Cakes was bad, but the lack of continuity was...bothersome.

Lesson Zero, Its About Time and all the Spike episodes are all terrible and should've never been made.

1a. Sonic Rainboom. I just don't like it as much as the other episodes. Although I like the world building and Dash's character development, I just can't forgive it for antagonizing Rarity and ruining her excellent development in Suited for Success.

1b. Sweet and Elite. I just hate the moral here. Okay, the letter to Celestia is fine. It's just the undertones here, which say that if you lie, it's okay, as long as you get away with it. Everything else I'm a-ok with. (Yes, this was the best I could do, because the only other episodes I don't like in season 2 are episodes that the fandom generally dislikes too.)

2a. Bird in the Hoof. This is one of funniest episodes to me, and for a good reason. Let's see, there's Trollestia and her bird, who also trolls, Benny Hill, Loony Tune-ish slapstick, and Twilight being terrified of her teacher. Plus, the Phoenix truly proved to me how awesome the animation is this show was.

2b. Hearth's Warming Eve. Expectations and Merriweather Williams writing it seemed to be the two main complaints for this episode. This episode has excellent world-building, animation and heartwarming bits, especially the part in the cave where the ponies just pretty much accepted death and went with it. Sure, I'm not fond of Merriweather writting character driven stuff, but as it's a play, she's not writing the mane 6, she's writing for characters the mane 6 are playing. Sure, Pinkie may not think inside the chimney, but Chancellor Puddinghead might.

Edited by Rarietty