Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Character minority/unpopular opinions

Silly Lily

Some of this is based on what you think are popularly "hated" or "loved" so some things may seem a bit off. Basically what character do you find yourself disagreeing with everypony.

For simplicity and organization, please split your post into two duo sections

1a) Mane Six Characters many seem to LIKE that you DISLIKE or don't LIKE as much

1b) Non-Mane Six...

2a) Mane Six Characters many seem to DISLIKE that you LIKE or don't DISLIKE as much

2b) Non-Mane Six...

(Episode version of this thread)

-

1a) Rainbow Dash. For all of S1 I disliked her and even though I don't dislike her as much she still below some minor characters.

1b) Derpy. Oh my Celestia. What wouldn't I do to correct that animation error that started that snowball. If it wasn't for that I almost guarantee she wouldn't have been noticed. Virtually all her appeal is fan-made and now I just consider her to be famous for being famous.

Mind you, if she had underp'ed eyes and was fan-named Bubbles, wouldn't be awesome? Go Sunnyvale!

2a) Rarity (although this seems to have changed due to some great episodes of hers in S2). I don't care if anypony out there says she's superficial drama queen. In fact, I love all that about her for some reasons. I liked Rarity from the very beginning and if I was to be hipster I liked Rarity before she was popular.

2b) Diamond Tiara. She's a bitch and I love it.

Edited by Silly Lily
  • Brohoof 1

How dare you hate RD and Derpy :angry:

Nah, I kid... a little bit...

1a) Twilight Sparkle. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate her in the least, I just don't really see how she is so popular. She comes off as boring to me at times, and she can feel very dry.

1b) Princess Celestia. I am much more of a Luna man myself, and I still haven't forgiven Celestia for banishing her -.-

2a) AppleJack. She is my third favorite out of the mane 6. I feel she is a very underrated character. I love her can do attitude, and she seems very mature compared to the rest of the ponies.

2b) I'm not sure tbh. All the background characters people hate I generally hate too :P I hate diamond tiara, I hate trixie, I hate gilda exc exc....

1a)

Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy, Pinkie I find annoying, and Fluttershy is way to over rated.

1b)

Big Mac, he dosent say much...

2a)

Rarity, many seem to dislike her but I think shes fine.

2b)

Diamond Tiara, call me evil or mean but I love her and the way she acts, atleast something bad usualy happens to her after shes done bitching to even it out.

1a) I don't like Fluttershy as well. I think she's way too shy and exaggerated fearful. And this is meant to be cute?

1b) Seewtie Belle, Applebloom, Scootaloo. They're just too annoying.^^

2a) I like... Pinkie Pie and Twilight. But I think there are not much Bronies who don't like one of the mane six characters... But exception proves the rule :D

2b) Gilda. She seems to be mean, but she was one of the first non-pony characters, what made her interesting, I think. Oh, and I also like Rarity's cat. She always looks so stupid :3

1A) I find Fluttershy's shyness annoying at times, so I'm not really a fan of her character.

1B) Eh...... I dunno I like most of the background ponies equally, and I also don't mind the huge masses of fans loving them.

2A) I think Rarity needs more love. She is quite a deep character, not shallow like other people label her as.

2B) (Look at 1B)

My opinions! I must throw them at you!

**throws opinions at you with all his force**

1a) Rarity - She my least liked of the mane six, but she's still quite awesome anyways. i just don't like her one-uppish attitude, really, but she's not as bad as the Canterlot bunch, that's for sure!

Nothing more to say about that one, really. Very little to discuss when it comes to things I dislike :P

1b) Gilda - Bleh... Quite honestly the only character in the show I hate. Gilda is just an all around bad character. Bad attitude, bad character design, bad voice, bad EVERYTHING. The fact that she waltzed in and made Fluttershy cry made me despise her completely, though. :(

2a) Applejack - She is way to under appreciated, simply because people see her as being a average pony, with nothing to really stand out from the rest of the crowd. I disagree completely, as she has some of the more admirable traits that you do not find very often anywhere.

First off, she is the Element of Honesty. That should be enough in itself to warrant some respect, and it's an admirable quality to have. I dunno about you guys, but no one I know is honest, that's for sure.

Next thing to point out is that she is the hardest of all hard workers. If a job needs doing, she gets it done without any questions, and she gets it done right! No pony in Equestria can even compare to her dedication to the job.

Lastly, she is always willing to lend a helping hand, which we see many times throughout the season. This was actually one of the first things we learned from Season one, way back when Big Mac got injured and she had to take care of the farm on her own! Even with all that hard work, she still went though with giving her friends a hand... even though she really screwed up each time :P

Applejack needs more support. Just cause she's got no magic or wings and isn't crazy like Pinkie Pie, doesn't mean she is a plain old boring farm-pony, without any good characteristics, like some peoples tend to thing. ;)

2b) Octavia - While most people seem to prefer the more up-beat Vinyl Scratch, I like the more classy Octavia. I like her design, color scheme, and taste in music, much more than Scratch, but it seems most people tend to disagree with me on that one. However, I shall stick firm with my decision!

...Can I have my opinions back now please? :3

• Brohoof 3

1a) I rely dislike Rainbowdash after season 2 she got way to cocky and shallow and they write her to be more like that in a attempted to redeem her but it fails i just end up disliking her more i mean the only episode that kinda centered Rainbowdash that i liked was Dragon Quest

1b) Trixie- why? just why? why do so many people like this hack?, the entire episode she was in she was a showoff a liar and a bitch and people want an other episode for her when all she is, is a throwaway character like Gilda

2a) Rarity- she is the most 3 dimensional character of the mane six and everyone calls her a selfish bitch who is undeserving of her element, she gets it worse then any of the mane six and i makes my blood boil.

2b) Diamond dog, i don't have to justifie that decision to your

• Brohoof 1

1a) It seems that Rarity is either best or worst pony. She's neutral in my mind. Rainbow and Fluttershy are not best ponies by a long shot.

1b) Scootaloo is least awesome CMC. Colgate is getting abnormally large amount of attention despite not really having a major fanon personality. Trixie.....just....ugh.....why do you people friggin like her so much?

2a) AJ is my second favorite and I think she gets dismissed way too much.

2b) Applebloom is best pony.

1a) Mane Six Characters many seem to LIKE that you DISLIKE or don't LIKE as much

Twilight/Rarity/Spike. Twilight is okay but she's not that great...

1b) Non-Mane Six...

Everyone besides Ditzy Doooooooo

2a) Mane Six Characters many seem to DISLIKE that you LIKE or don't DISLIKE as much

Applejack maybe. Her and Fluttershy are my favorites

2b) Non-Mane Six...

Derpy

Edited by Hollowshield

1a) Rarity. I get how others like Rarity, but I just don't like her as much, being my least favorite of the Mane 6. Doesn't mean I hate her though, I do like her character, but she just isn't as great as the other Mane 6.

2a) Octavia. I do like Vinyl Scratch being a DJ pony, and just her look in general, but I just don't get Octavia... Even after seeing stuff like "Epic Wub Time" I just don't understand Octavia.

1b) Applejack. AJ is my 2nd favorite pony, and I don't understand why alot of them dislike her! Most say she is a One Dimensional character, but I don't see it. I find her a great character!

2b) I... really cant find anypony that most people dislike...

I don't like Fluttershy that much, she's too shy, and gets to aggressive, plus I never really liked her character since becoming a Brony, or found her cute.

As for minor characters,Derpy is getting to much attention (not a problem) she is just starting to get really overrated.

1a) I can't say i dislike any Mane 6, I love them all. HOWEVER, Twilight and RD are probably my least favorite and most people are obsessed with them(or at least RD) whereas I found them good, but not as awesome as Pinkie or Rarity

1b) There are a few who I find ridiculously overrated, but the worst is Trixie, I found her ridiculously annoying and stupid, and I didn't like her design all that much and I HATE her voice. Also she starred in probably my least favorite episode of season 1, go figure, I wonder why is was my least favorite

2a) Rarity seems to be the least popular due to some of her more girly/snooty nature in comparison to the others, but I feel she has the most developed character of anypony on the show

2b) Does anyone even care about Cheerliee and Featherweight? All I see is obsessions with derpy, trixie, and Octavia. What's not to love about Cheerilee, she is the most awesome minor character on the show, although I can't explain why, she just is. ALso NOBODY ever mentions Featherweight, and I found his character to be pretty adorable. ALso Sweetie Belle and Colgate, but I find more fans of them so I guess it doesn't matter

1a) Fluttershy is overrated.

1b) I'll have to go with Trixie here. She's the most famous dislikeable pony out there that I can think of. I wanted to say Diamond Tiara but not many seem to like her for obvious reasons :P

2a) Applejack obviously. I did some research recently and found out AJ is STILL the least liked pony from the mane6. I admire this pony immensely.

2b) Granny Smith. She reminds me of my ol' granny and I actually cried in her episode. Granny Smith deserves more love and care.

1a) Sometimes I think Rainbow Dash is a little too overrated, I don't dislike her or any of the Mane 6 at all though.

1b) I'm not a fan of Trixie, like at all.

2a) Rarity of course,

2b) Spike is almost too underrated, despite being a main character he's not appreciated as much as he should be sometimes.

1a) Sometimes I think Rainbow Dash is a little too overrated, I don't dislike her or any of the Mane 6 at all though.

1b) I'm not a fan of Trixie, like at all.

2a) Rarity of course,

2b) Spike is almost too underrated, despite being a main character he's not appreciated as much as he should be sometimes.

1a) Rainbow Dash. I don't really see much depth to her personality, besides GOTTA GO FASTER. Fluttershy is the same to me. Except her's is "I'M SHY"

1b) As much as I don't really want to say it, Derpy. She doesn't have much of a canon personality, so I don't see why people should like her so much.

2a) I guess Rarity. A lot of people hate her bitchy attitude, but I've grown ok with it.

2b) Well... Trixie? (sorry Doctor.) People think she's mean and all, and very "entitled", but she was kind of enjoyable to me in that episode :/

1a) I can't really think of something here, I like all of them.

1b) Derpy. I don't hate her, but I just think she is kinda overrated. I still think she is adorable though.

2a) Applejack. C'mon. She has an amazing accent, and a great personality!

2b) Carrot Top. It's more that the fandom just doesn't really rank her in there top pony list.

1a) many people seem to love Fluttershy, and I like her, as I like all characters, but I prefer Rarity, Pinkie, RD, and Twilight over her.

2a) many people seem to dislike Rainbow Dash, but I LOVE her. Also, Twilight is underrated, she's one of the three least popular main characters. But like I said before, I like all of them.

I think Fluttershy can be kind of annoying and it seems no matter how much she grows out of her shyness in one episode, she's always back to square one in the next.

I think that Rarity is really funny and I don't think of her as some annoying drama queen. And she looks like a marshmallow.