Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is MLP to you?

Zerul

It's something that brings me a little bit of happiness in my mundane, sad life. Something to look forward to in the middle of the week. Something to break the monotony. But even then, it's still just a show. I have a few shows like that, that I look forward to because they make me feel better. And I really enjoy them and not having to think about how my life sucks for a half hour, hour. But at the end of the day, they're just shows. Nothing that should take up my time outside of watching the show, nothing that I need to devote any time to or anything like that. I really like MLP, but to me, it's just a show.

Mlp isn't a very big part of my life anymore. I'm only a brony because of the forum nowadays. I haven't seen the show since the finale, actually.

I haven't even SEEN the season 2 finale, due to the fact that I don't like watching mlp online and becuse boomerang Australia refuses to air season 2..

The circle of life...

No, but it does play a part in my life. I've lost and gained friends, but you know... All is good, right?

Besides the pint, lots of people say its the forums, and not the show. Whatever, I still watch it, on the tv, waiting for the new episode, in front of my entire family and all my friends. Haters. ^_^

Community > Show

I still like the show and I try to watch an episode or two once a month hah.

But I guess I need new episodes to get this "I really love this show" feeling again :)

SEASON 3, Y U NO COME NOW?

Well, I certainly enjoy it a lot more than just a show. Maybe a bit too much at times. Still, point is, my affection goes beyond the show. It's power lies in the community. Never have I ever been in a community which doesn't judge you at first sight, and instead accepts you as you are, even if you are a bit weird or different. It also helped through some difficult times as well.

If you want an example of why I might say I enjoy it too much (I'm quite obsessed with ponies), I've had times where I asked myself if MLP was helping me out of my depression, keeping me at bay, or even worsening it...

But I agree with Mr. Pillow on this one; I need season 3 again to regain my love for the show itself. It's been too long since the finale, which actually made me cry a little of happiness and sadness when it ended.

But in the end, what does it matter. This fandom is the best thing that ever happened to me, as is the show. If I ever told you otherwise, I lied.

well it has a spot in my head labeled good cartoons which is right next to junk,

it just one of the many show i love to watch and talk about and every time i watch it i find somthing new and come out with a new opinion and a new favorite Mane 6. and i would call it an obsession because MLP has never taken priority for me i always waited a day or two before watch a new episode but i will get my voice heard when i here other Bronie say that thing need to be cater toward them for example " the theme tune needs to be more for bronies now" quoteish from Alicorn radio, the theme tune is perfectly fine and kind catchy and you can always skip it to shut it and let the people who do like it listen to it. okay i guess i kinda do get obsessed

Mlp is important to me 'cause it helps me to calm down if I'm angry, it helps me to find new friends and I like everything about mlp, not only the show. Can't wait until 3rd season comes. :D

meh. this sounds cheesy but i kinda relate my mld. My life is pretty boring and colourless when my friends aren't around (alot) so mlp brings some colour and excitement. my life doesn't revolve around but its probably my favourite show

It's really just an enjoyable show to me. It's an really good one, but my life does not revolve around it.

I have an IRL friend that might think differently (in regard to my level of obsession), though. =P

Edited by Envy

My life doesn't particularly revolve around ponies, but it does have a pretty big role in my life. I mean, I'm on the internet frequently so I'll see ponies there all the time, I've began drawing ponies so I have a sketch book full of pony drawings, I started work on a point and click adventure game that revolves around Spike so that's by far taking a big chunk out of my time, and I do a bit more things.

Still, I do other things and have other interests, which you all should have or do.

I'm still as into it as I was months and months ago when I first watched the first episode. Fanbase concepts, roleplays, fanfiction writing, art, videos and other media scower the internet. Plus, new content is being added to that tremendous amount every day, so really, it is more than just a show to me. Not an unhealthy obsession of course, but definitely something I spend a fair amount of time interacting with every day.

I love the show and the community, it brought me out of my depressive state and made me work to be a better person. I'll always be grateful for that. So yes it's more then just a show.

For me, MLP is just a thing that i can watch when i'm bored or sad, Or even just a thing to do. I really enjoy the show, So i guess that's a bonus. The characters kinda comfort me sometimes, too xDD Like - They all seem so nice. It's just a happy place =D

meh. this sounds cheesy but i kinda relate my mld. My life is pretty boring and colourless when my friends aren't around (alot) so mlp brings some colour and excitement. my life doesn't revolve around but its probably my favourite show

Yup, that's a lot like my life, except things happen just in a bad way. I'm not gonna go into details, but MLP helped me a ton,

I merged the two threads regarding the importance of MLP in our lives. Although they weren't carbon copies of one another, they were so closely related that having two separate threads seemed redundant.

Carry on! :)