Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Kind Of Music?

Lightning Fluttershy

(edited)

I'll just make a list of every sub-genre that I like with my personal favorite bands from each one:

IDM: (Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada, Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, and Autechre)

Metalcore: (Converge, Norma Jean, GAZA, Coalesce, and Shai Hulud)

Mathcore: (Botch, The Chariot, Knut, and The Dillinger Escape Plan)

Skramz/Screamo: (pg.99, Orchid, City of Caterpillar, Comadre, and Circle Takes The Square)

Post-Hardcore: (La Dispute, Fugazi, and Rites of Spring)

Post-Metal: (Isis, Neurosis, Cult of Luna, Pelican, and Russian Circles)

Black Metal (Most mainly DSBM): (Woods of Desolation, Austere, Darkthrone, Lifelover, Silencer and Peste Noire)

Post-Punk: (Sonic Youth, early Swans, Joy Division, The Cure, Depeche Mode, and The Smiths)

Experimental: (Radiohead, later Swans, and Crystal Castles)

Grunge: (Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Melvins)

Breakbeat/Big Beat: (The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal Method, The Prodigy, and Fatboy Slim)

Trip-Hop: (Massive Attack, Portishead, Moby, and Morcheeba)

Grindcore: (Pig Destroyer, Wormrot, Nails, and Nasum)

So you like grindcore but you don't like death metal? How does that work?

Most likely for the same reason that it works with me, Grindcore tends to be shorter and has a faster paced feel to it, while Death Metal is longer and tends to get boring about 2 or 3 minutes in the song.

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

So you like grindcore but you don't like death metal? How does that work? And what's with the quotes? What do you mean by death "metal" and black "metal"? 

grindcore is basically thrash with influences in Crust or D-beat. I hate that growling crap... i just like their drummers. when i refer to death "metal" and black "metal"... to me, that's not metal. metal is supposed to be epic or it can be dark with clean vocals that tell a story or just sound hardcore. it's not supposed to sound like cookie monster on steroid rage or like a screeching prepubescent girl screaming Satan every couple verses

Edited by DR Leper Lupinstein

Most likely for the same reason that it works with me, Grindcore tends to be shorter and has a faster paced feel to it, while Death Metal is longer and tends to get boring about 2 or 3 minutes in the song.

Why you got to hurtz meh feelz?  

grindcore is basically thrash with influences in Crust or D-beat. I hate that growling crap... i just like their drummers. when i refer to death "metal" and black "metal"... to me, that's not metal. metal is supposed to be epic or it can be dark with clean vocals that tell a story or just sound hardcore. it's not supposed to sound like cookie monster on steroid rage or like a screeching prepubescent girl screaming Satan every couple verses

You mean like power metal? (BTW, I hate power metal). Clean vocals are just kinda lame really. And what's so bad about singing about "Satan"? It's just shock value, it's no biggie.  

I basically just listen to whatever bands I like, mostly within the rock/metal genres. I don't usually like softer rock, I like heavier rock. When it comes to metal, I don't typically like really extreme metal like death metal, black metal, or grindcore, but there are exceptions. 

I am into a lot of Eastern Asian music (i.e., K-Pop, J-Pop and K-Rap.) And I do like old school rap (i.e., 2Pac, Biggiesmalls, Gang Staar, etc.) And techno, gotta love that techno music!!!!!!!!

(edited)

My favorite kind of music is dark alternative music or as some people call it "Gothic Rock" (though I hate using that term).  My favorite bands in the genre include Alien Sex Fiend, Bauhaus, and Virgin Prunes.

On a side note I don't care for industrial of heavy metal groups.  All I hear are screaming people that uses shock value to get people's attention.  But it other people like them, then more power to them.  It's just that I don't personally care for that kind of music.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness

(edited)

Anything that's good, and my definition of good are usually these genres (My favorite ones are written with bold letters)

Dubstep

Post-Dubstep

IDM

Grunge

Post-Metal

Metalcore

Mathcore

Skramz/Screamo

Emo

Sludge Metal

Drone Metal

Progressive Metal

Hardcore Punk

Crossover Trash

Crust Punk

Post-Punk

Grindcore

Indie Rock

Alternative Rock

DnB

2-step

UK Garage

Future Garage

House

Deep House

J-Core

Gabber

Nu Style Gabber/Mainstream Hardcore

Speedcore

Lolicore

Hardbag

Hardstyle

Makina

UK Hardcore

Hard Trance

Jumpstyle

Industrial Hardcore

Experimental Dubstep

Post-Hardcore

Stoner Metal

And more, but I can't remember any more at the moment

Edited by Soundgarden

I'm mostly post-hardcore. Like if you know about Warped Tour, I'd listen to any of the bands. But I mostly listen to Bring Me The Horizon, Architects, I See Stars, Hands Like Houses, Palisades, and Of Mice & Men. Not Sleeping With Sirens or Pierce The Veil though. I don't have anything against them, but I just don't like how they sound.

1. Classical Music

2. Traditional Pop and the days of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Nat King Cole

3. Musicals (a part of Traditional Pop, but what the heck?)

4. Ragtime, Jazz, Blues

5. Punk Rock, Alternative Rock

• Brohoof 1

I like folk rock, indie rock and pop, pop punk, power pop, older pop, some psychadelic rock/pop, etc. I also enjoy some orchestral music when I'm in the mood.

(edited)

Most types of Metal, anything from Heavy Metal, to Industrial Metal, to Black Metal. I also like various forms of Post-Metal, particularly Blackgaze.

I listen to a lot of Goth Rock, Darkwave, Post-Punk and Deathrock, as well as Horror Punk, Industrial Rock, Post-Rock, and Synth Rock.

I also love electronic music; Futurpop, Synthpop, EBM, Aggrotech, Powernoise, House, Trance, Eurobeat, Happy Hardcore, Glitch Hop, IDM, a bit of Brostep, and various other genres.  

Other then that, I love Classical, Baroque, the Romantics, Cabaret/ Dark Cabaret, various kinds of Folk and a bunch of other stuff.

Edited by Hansel

• 3 weeks later...

There are very few musical genres that I would never listen to, but there are certain genres that I like far more than others:

• Melodic/Folk Death Metal
  • Melodic/Heroic Death Metal
  • Technical Death Metal
  • Symphonic Metal
  • Gothic/Symphonic Metal
  • Extreme Power Metal
  • Power Metal

My favorite bands in each genre are the following:

• Melodic/Folk Death Metal: Eluveitie, Finntroll
  • Melodic/Heroic Death Metal: Ensiferum
  • Technical Death Metal: Obscura
  • Symphonic Metal: Nightwish, Leaves' Eyes, Amberian Dawn
  • Gothic/Symphonic Metal: Delain
  • Extreme Power Metal: DragonForce
  • Power Metal: Blind Guardian, Stratovarius

In addition, I absolutely love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic music, including songs, background music, and some fan songs and remixes. I love it more than metal, but I need variety in what I listen to.

I listen overall to celtic, folk metal, brony music and background music. Ofcourse i listen to every sort of music on the radio, but i dislike the most rap, hip-hop and (Most) dubstep.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well i would say that i am a very open person when it comes to musical taste. Unless it is sh*t like cuntry

anyway my favourite kinds of music:

Indie music

Electro

funk

disco

progressive

new wave

mettal (all kinds)

psychodelic

folk

techno

space rock

glam rock

classic

classic rock, instrumentals (from symphonic stuff to the oddysey eurobeat stuff), some jpop, and i am just recently becoming more willing to listen to dubstep/wubstep.

Alternative rock - especially 90's alternative - is the one genre for me.
Other than that, I listen to a lot of punk, blues, art music, world music, and noise.

Edited by Sickman

I'm gonna say something that will drive genre nazi's nuts I like rock in all it's forms from metal(In Flames, Heaven Shall Burn) to southern(Lynyrd Skynyrd)i'm just gonna group it all as rock with my all time favorite band being Korn

I tend to have a varied taste.

From Pink Floyd to Nirvana, from Maximum the Hormone to Heavenly, from Queen to Iron Maiden, I don't tend to stick around over one genre, though throughout the years, punk, rock and metal (especially the later), have been listened much more than any other genre.

i don't really have a definite favourite but i really like 

classical ( some times)

Classic Rock ( stuff like QUEEN) 

metal core

dubstep ( using as a general term)  

and my favourite music video in Save Me by KillSwitch Engage 

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy 

Rap

Metal 

Alternative

Dubstep

Techno

Country

Especially Rap because I like to listen to the good artisits like Gang Starr, Tupac, Eminem and so on. I also really enjoy rap about MLP and video games because I love both. lol