Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About Winter Wrap Up...

5guysburgersnfries

I've been thinking and perhaps too much but it's all about cleaning up winter like an earth pony and if unicorns can't use their magic shouldn't the pegasi not be able to use their wings? XD

Magic=/=wings.

They are not allowed to use magic.

Wings are perfectly fine.

Or clear the clouds... I understand but if the pegasi can use their wings the unicorns should be able to use magic XD

i think wings migth be less powerfull then magic think about it

twi used magic to push the snow plow much faster then any of the earth ponies and they can use magic to make wings and stand on clouds...

I believe the tradition of Winter Wrap Up focuses predominantly on the use of physical strength over the utilisation of magic. Seeing as wings fall under this umbrella of manual labour, they are permitted; it's just the use of magic to avoid any form of strenuous work which is frowned upon.

Edited by Swoop
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

i think wings migth be less powerfull then magic think about it

twi used magic to push the snow plow much faster then any of the earth ponies and they can use magic to make wings and stand on clouds...

That's a good point.

I believe the tradition of Winter Wrap Up focuses predominantly on the use of physical strength over the utilisation of magic. Seeing as wings fall under this umbrella of manual labour, they are permitted; it's just the use of magic to avoid any form of strenuous work which is frowned upon.

Yeah, you're right but when I made this thread I was also thinking of Fall Weather Friends, when Rainbow Dash used her wings it was considered cheating but when you put it that way... Edited by Sudnifisent

Yeah that is pretty weird the way the pegasus's just to use there wings, and the unicorns didn't get to use their magic... And then the earth ponies can use nothing only their hoofs :c

Yeah it doesn't really make much sense but Swoop rasies a good argument but I still think it's unfair XD

Wings are always allowed..... Because wings are awesome

*Brohoof*

I think that the no magic is more of a Ponyville tradition than part of the actual holiday. Ponyville was probably founded as an Earth Pony town, and has more Earth Ponies than any other race. I think Twilight and Spike talked about how it was done differently in Ponyville than how they just used magic in Canterlot.

You saw how Twilight picked up the apples at the end of Applebucking Season? If that kind of magic was premitted during Winter Wrap Up, it would take the challenge out of the holiday, game, job, whatever it is. Edited by MagicalHorseyThing

Wings are more like, you know, a part of their body. They have to use their physical strenght, they get tired doing the job while unicorns could just sit somewhere warm, drink hot cocoa and have their magic clean stuff for them. Seems kinda... unfair, I think.

You saw how Twilight picked up the apples at the end of Applebucking Season? If that kind of magic was premitted during Winter Wrap Up, it would take the challenge out of the holiday, game, job, whatever it is.

indeed, I agree with what everybody has said, Ponyville was originally all earth ponies and that's how they wrapped up winter all year, using physicle strength, if some pony uses magic then there is no real work or tradition involved. The wings are physicle strength, its not magic by any means, and to be frankly honest I don't see them clearing winter wrap up with out wings

What I thought was strange about the episode is that Rarity used magic to levitate some stuff over to Twilight sparkle...

I don't think the "no magic" convention is quite so strict as to not permit Rarity to move some small items across a table. It seems like the rule is more that you can't use magic to completely circumvent a task, rather than you can't use magic at all in any way - so moving a few items with levitation is fine, but using some sort of spell to summon a hundred complete bird's nests is not the Earth pony way.