Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PonyPowaX1000

84 users have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Celestia for banishing ''Luna''

• Yes!
    • No Luna became Nightmare Moon Celestia's did the right thing.

Why do people seem to forget that Celestia banished Nightmare Moon in the moon an didn't actually banish Luna. And in the pilot it says she reluctantly wielded the elements to banish Nightmare Moon

Whats up with all the Celestia hate? People seem to think Celestia did it in spite or because of the whole I'm the older sister stuff.

If you dislike Celestia explain why or If she your favourite Princess explain why.

Edited by PonyPowaX1000
  • Brohoof 1

Will thats not quite the only reason, she never really helps the mane six take down ANY villains. Did you see her help that much take down discord or any other villains?

Please read my reply below before quoting

Edited by bobthecableman
  • Brohoof 1

Will thats not quite the only reason, she never really helps the mane six take down ANY villains. Did you see her help that much take down discord or any other villains?

she couldn't help them against discord because only the element of harmony can defeat him also she sent all the letters back to Twilight and made her remember what friendship is, is that not helping

also what other villins the only other ones are Nightmare moon who alicorn napped Celestia some how and Crysalis who defeated her.

• Brohoof 3

Well she did try (and fail) to take down Queen Chrysalis but I get what you mean.

Anyway, I personally really like Celestia, I haven't really seen any hate for her.

Huh? When did the supposed hate for her start? Meh, I like her. She's just all around better than the others. Especially, humor wise, I love that she is a somewhat troll!

Well in my other poll. People vote Luna and people put down Celestia saying she's a kiss-**s, and the perfect child and a Mary-sue

Well in my other poll. People vote Luna and people put down Celestia saying she's a kiss-**s, and the perfect child and a Mary-sue

She is NOT a Mary-Sue... there's a reason that she needs the mane 6 to help her defeat EVERY enemy. Anyway, I like her, she's a fun-loving and fair leader who was FORCED to banish her own sister to the moon. People always seem to neglect how hard it must have been for her to banish her OWN SISTER.
  • Brohoof 6

Umm...actually she did the mane six are the only ones who can now weild the elements as she (and luna) are no longer connected to them.

1. She (and Luna) defeated Discord

2. She tried to stop Chrysalis (but failed)

She is NOT a Mary-Sue... there's a reason that she needs the mane 6 to help her defeat EVERY enemy. Anyway, I like her, she's a fun-loving and fair leader who was FORCED to banish her own sister to the moon. People always seem to neglect how hard it must have been for her to banish her OWN SISTER.

Thank you!

• Brohoof 3

she couldn't help them against discord because only the element of harmony can defeat him also she sent all the letters back to Twilight and made her remember what friendship is, is that not helping

also what other villins the only other ones are Nightmare moon who alicorn napped Celestia some how and Crysalis who defeated her.

Well, she could of helped them in the labyrinth or solve the riddle of discord, and twilight said Princess not princess Celestia, so maybe she made her sister do it lol idk but your right, i just didn't notice how much she helped in the show.

To be fair, Celestia couldn't do shit with Discord. She no longer wielded the Elements of Harmony, so she'd be useless and only get in the way of their new possessors. She -might- have been able to help them more than just sending letters through Spike, but it's not like she could have actually done anything. Being the fundamental spirit of a law of nature, Discord can be defeated by the EoH and nothing else, as far as we know.

I feel like her meme of Trollestia and whatnot is taken too far, to the point where some fans actually look at these instances where she isn't there doing something they think she should be doing in the show, and use that as a reason to discredit or mock her. Now I like the Trollestia jokes; they run on the same basis for why many regulars here poke fun at Feldy. The more kind, regal and professional the leader, the more fun it is to poke innocent fun at them and pretend they are something they're not. The problem with Celestia is she's not a tangent being, she's an online and offline concept from a show, so it's not like there's anything stopping people from taking her memes too far, or abusing these occurrences in the show when she wasn't doing something.

Tl;dr Celestia's memes rule the internet. These memes are fed by the points in the show where Celestia isn't doing something, or did something others find extreme. Whether or not these points are true or not, or if they could have been explained better in the show or not, the end result is she's an ideal leader that get's a lot of crap, some playful, some not.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

She tried to help them in the last episode of season 2 while Luna was no where to be seen

She's older, wiser, probably not even as strong as she used to be.

• Brohoof 2

Well, she could of helped them in the labyrinth or solve the riddle of discord, and twilight said Princess not princess Celestia, so maybe she made her sister do it lol idk but your right, i just didn't notice how much she helped in the show.

Well plot wise if Celestia helped with everything it wouldn't be as interesting. :mellow:

• Brohoof 4

I think the fairy tale beginning of the series prompted the 1000 years figure rather than something thought of in the story (that is how long NMM will take to quit, for example.) It made her look rather tyrannical. Even in Luna Eclipsed, where Luna says she is having trouble fitting in after being banished for 1000 years, it sounds kind of silly.

I like Celestia in the show. It is funny to imagine her being a different sort of leader though. If Trollestia came from the 'gotcha' incident, then it is surprising because I just took that as a light-hearted joke to ease the Cakes' tension. But I am very grateful for it :P

Edited by Hat988

I don't hate Celestia, I really just Perfer Luna cause I can relate to her more.

I don't see why people hate her, but If I was forced to choose between the two I would choose Luna.

there are allot of possibilities they are out side of the stories view maybe Discord stopped Celestia and locker in her room, we dont know if she did get involved in the labyrinth the would have had her horn and wing taken away as apart of the room and could have been corrupted. also who does Twilight send the letters too Celestia so it logical she will be the one to send them back

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Celestia. I merely kind of dislike some of her actions. Nightmare Moon being banished? Yeah, I get that. There's no way around it. I remember hearing that even the Word of Faust saying that if it was Nighttime Eternal, then Equestria would freeze over for good. With nighttime eternal, Equestria would begin to look like Pluto.

What I don't like: Celestia did nothing to help the Mane 6 with Discord. I understand if she couldn't take out Discord but at least hold down the fort properly and offer some kind of support during the maze part.

Or Chrysalis for that matter!

Celestia's a freaking boss. She's got that flowing rainbow mane thing going on. She raises the sun, she is an epic powerful ruler who enjoys a joke and is one of the most badass characters in the show. That is why Celestia is best princess. She doesn't deserve hate.

• Brohoof 2

I don't like Celestia at all. I do like Luna, though, because Tabitha St. Germain. EEYUP.

I just dislike her, she's annoying :P

(edited)

She tried to help them in the last episode of season 2 while Luna was no where to be seen

She's older, wiser, probably not even as strong as she used to be.

As much as Like Luna I have to say I like Celestia more than before.....

To me Celestia is Benevolent , calm and I like how she trolls now and then

Where was she during Chrysalis vs Celestia Fight? :wacko:

Maybe those nocturnal theories about Luna are true.............

Yeah where is Luna during the most of series. :huh:

Edited by PonyPowaX1000

I get where the whole Trollestia came from but where does Molestia come from? Its funny, but I am slightly confused at where it comes form.

I guess it´s reference to rule 34, and people are making out of Celestia Pedobear because Twilight is her "faithful student".

And actually, I like both, Celestia&Luna, but even more I like Molestia&Gamer Luna :blush: . Really, AskPrincessMolestia might be perverted, but the art is amazing! :P:blush:

• Brohoof 1