Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

PonyPowaX1000

84 users have voted

1. 1. Do you hate Celestia for banishing ''Luna''

• Yes!
    • No Luna became Nightmare Moon Celestia's did the right thing.

Yes, Celestia should have instead helped Luna find a solution to the ponies shunning of the night. As such, I feel no sympathy for Luna not being there for Celestia when Discord returned and during the Changeling invasion.

~~

Edited by V00DEW

I like Celestia as a character because it is that enigma that is her presence that draws my curiosity, however, while the show tends to detail her personal life very little, you can see her hoofwork in a lot of the events in the show if you know where to look.

She appears as a maternal figure, openly stating her love and care for her subjects. She's a caring mother for them as much as she is a leader, using her experience to council, but instead of doing so directly, she is extremely proficient at manipulating events to her favor, and as such, she makes it so that her ponies learn from the experience themselves instead of doing things for them. (And many times, she gets a good laugh from it too, watching them drive themselves insane before they come to realize the solution) She is over a thousand years old and all. Her way of thinking may even appear a bit strange due to how sharp it is.

Personally though, I believe when she faced that crucial event where Luna became Nightmare Moon, Celestia using the Elements was probably her last resort, so she had no other choice. According to one theory that I made recently, Celestia is probably weaker than Luna when it comes to aggressive magic, and was most likely overpowered by her sister on normal grounds. She wasn't in the wrong and she probably tried to reverse Nightmare Moon back to Luna at first but found that she alone wasn't strong enough to do that, so instead she imprisoned her and hoped that new bearers would take her place. (When she found Twilight, it was almost as if she had been looking for just that quality. She could have been tracking the whereabouts of the source of the Rainboom that triggered it, thus why she wanted to relocate Twilight to Ponyville at the moment when Nightmare Moon was said to return because she knew that she would find the appropriate friends there.)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are many instances within the show where Celestia is kindoff an ass. Such as...sending only 2 tickets to Twilight despite knowing that she has 6 other friends, and just sitting back and watching as Rarity falls to her doom...

or maybe she did those because she knew that twilight and her friends were going to learn an important lesson FORCED MORALS FTW

now come on, there is a logical reason for both those and many other situations...

I just didn't feel like it

... oh no... out of Dr.Pony... ehhhh

• 5 years later...

I think that Princess Luna shouldn't have transformed into nightmare moon if she want only to take her revenge on Princess Celestia 

If she want to take her revenge she had only to not let her sister sleep all night 

how?

with loud music of course 

how?

ok I will show you 

1 step 

take a mobile speaker and place it under the bed 

2 step

after you connected the speaker to the table go on YouTube search the kerator hail of the hordes and increase the volume to the max level 

I don't dislike Celestia because she banished Nightmare Moon, although I don't understand why she couldn't she the elements to change her back into Luna. I dislike Celestia because she's been shown to be an incredibly incompetent ruler who is clearly only still in power because of the Mane 6.

On 8/6/2018 at 2:46 AM, RulesofRarity said:

I don't dislike Celestia because she banished Nightmare Moon, although I don't understand why she couldn't she the elements to change her back into Luna. I dislike Celestia because she's been shown to be an incredibly incompetent ruler who is clearly only still in power because of the Mane 6.

Again, I repeat. It was shown in flashbacks that it needed both sisters to use the full power of the Elements on Discord. So when Luna became Nightmare Moon, Celestia could NOT use the Elements to their full power anymore. And that's why she couldn't reform her on the spot until the Elements found new bearers in the Mane 6.

It's so simple even a 5th grader could puzzle that out.

• Brohoof 2

On 8/6/2018 at 3:46 AM, RulesofRarity said:

I dislike Celestia because she's been shown to be an incredibly incompetent ruler who is clearly only still in power because of the Mane 6.

In what ways. Please cite anything up to the Tantabus episode because that is where I am now. 

3 hours ago, Jedishy said:

In what ways. Please cite anything up to the Tantabus episode because that is where I am now. 

Fooled and defeated by Chrysalis in A Canterlot Wedding.   

Chooses to send Discord instead of Twilight to apprehend Tirek which resulted in Discord’s betrayal. Her plan of transferring all the Alicorn magic to Twilight was completely moronic because it assumes Discord wouldn’t tell Tirek about the 4th Alicorn. 

Her shortcomings as a ruler become way more apparent after the Season 5 finale but you’ll see for yourself. 

Edited by RulesofRarity

4 hours ago, RulesofRarity said:

Fooled and defeated by Chrysalis in A Canterlot Wedding.   

Chooses to send Discord instead of Twilight to apprehend Tirek which resulted in Discord’s betrayal. Her plan of transferring all the Alicorn magic to Twilight was completely moronic because it assumes Discord wouldn’t tell Tirek about the 4th Alicorn.

Yes a shapeshifter fooled her. One that had grown powerful off of its chosen form of magical feeding. How does getting fooled make her a bad leader exactly? Are all good leaders all knowing and unable to be tricked or fooled? Are they all powerful incapable of losing a fight? 

Yes because she trusted Discord was reformed and he was the only one whose magic was not able to be stolen by Tirek at that time. It took a LOT of other magical draining to get powerful enough to impact Discord. You saw at the start he had a healthy respect for Discords powers. 

I am also sure she was trusting that Twilight could hide and that there was not much other choice than to take a delaying tactic anyhow in that moment. I mean he was coming to find them and it was easier to send one pony who was unknown to Tyrk to hide then it would be for all of them to try to hide when they were known about. 

The only thing I see that is a major flaw in Celestia is just having her kingdom get beaten several times and not doing anything to ensure it doesn't happen again. She relies heavily on the Mane 6 to bail her out.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/9/2018 at 2:50 PM, Jedishy said:

Yes a shapeshifter fooled her. One that had grown powerful off of its chosen form of magical feeding. How does getting fooled make her a bad leader exactly? Are all good leaders all knowing and unable to be tricked or fooled? Are they all powerful incapable of losing a fight? 

Yes because she trusted Discord was reformed and he was the only one whose magic was not able to be stolen by Tirek at that time. It took a LOT of other magical draining to get powerful enough to impact Discord. You saw at the start he had a healthy respect for Discords powers. 

I am also sure she was trusting that Twilight could hide and that there was not much other choice than to take a delaying tactic anyhow in that moment. I mean he was coming to find them and it was easier to send one pony who was unknown to Tyrk to hide then it would be for all of them to try to hide when they were known about. 

• Unlike the Mane 5, Celestia actually knows Cadence and should've noticed that something was wrong with her. In retrospective, Chrysalis' acting was horrible and Celestia's inability to notice her bad acting makes her an incompetent ruler.
  • I doubt weakened Tirek would've posed much of a threat to Twilight + her friends at that point, sending them would've been a much safer option considering Discord(even while reformed) is too unpredictable to trust with such an important task. 
  • Yeah, I agree that by that point there was not much Celestia could do but the whole reason why Tirek was even that powerful to begin with is because she put her faith in Discord.

45 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:
  • Unlike the Mane 5, Celestia actually knows Cadence and should've noticed that something was wrong with her. In retrospective, Chrysalis' acting was horrible and Celestia's inability to notice her bad acting makes her an incompetent ruler.
  • I doubt weakened Tirek would've posed much of a threat to Twilight + her friends at that point, sending them would've been a much safer option considering Discord(even while reformed) is too unpredictable to trust with such an important task. 

You are assuming she was acting like that all the time and Celestia should have noticed. Its far more likely she was just acting like that when she thought she could get away with it. Further with the wedding its easy to dismiss bad behavior as stress related like Shining Armor did. So unless you can show for a fact that prior to the episode she was acting like that in front of everypony on a regular basis this really does not work. 

You doubt but do not know. And if wrong you lose one of your most powerful and trusted teams. Vs losing ONE person and having to contend with that. Celestia weighed the odds and took a chance that Discord was reformed. You saw that he was all set to take him in. He got talked into breaking that. But it did not seem like something that would work on him in my eyes. I mean he is not known for sharing and he is not known for trusting. So why would you expect him to team up again? 

Well, Celestia did do the right thing, but she could also help Twilight in her tasks while fighting enemies. But then again, maybe Celestia wants Twilight to learn how to solve problems on her wow with her friends so she can layer rule her own kingdom. (Then again, these are my opinions)

18 hours ago, Jedishy said:

And if wrong you lose one of your most powerful and trusted teams. Vs losing ONE person and having to contend with that.

To be fair, the mane six weren't that powerful at the time. I mean, they no longer had access to the elements of harmony which was more or less the one thing that made it possible for them to deal with villains like Nightmare Moon or Discord.

Speaking of which, let's not forget that Discord is a spirit of chaos capable of manipulating reality and who no longer had any known way to defeated. No sane person would be willing to risk losing him over five normal ponies.  

18 hours ago, Jedishy said:

So why would you expect him to team up again? 

Because he's been reformed and learned the magic of friendship. I mean, ffs the sole reason he didn't try to conquer Equestria before teaming up with Tirek was to not lose his friendship with Fluttershy. So it's not really that much of a stretch to assume that he could form an friendship with Tirek.  

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like her, her kindness and her just perfection of a ruler seems shallow to me, theres more to it and I just want to know, but all the show does is show her as a perfect ruler. 

On 8/9/2018 at 11:23 AM, RulesofRarity said:

Her plan of transferring all the Alicorn magic to Twilight was completely moronic because it assumes Discord wouldn’t tell Tirek about the 4th Alicorn. 

In fact, it's even dumber considering that she did nothing at all to hide the fact that there now was a 4th alicorn. I mean, they lucked out with Discord not telling Tirek about it so the plan could still have worked if not for Celestia forgetting that she had a giant fucking stained glass window depicting Twilight's ascension.

On 8/9/2018 at 3:50 PM, Jedishy said:

Yes because she trusted Discord was reformed and he was the only one whose magic was not able to be stolen by Tirek at that time.

Actually, Tirek was only able to steal the magic of unicorns at the time iirc so the majority of the main six would have been fine. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
(edited)
On 2012-08-18 at 2:02 PM, PonyPowaX1000 said:

I honestly have no idea I guess it's because they rhyme :)

I see nightmare moon as a more stronger and powerful than celestia  herself so  that why she use the element of harmony to banish nightmare moon and on the other hand  nightmare moon doesn't seen like a bad ruler but a more ruthless one equestria need a Powerful Ruler to handle any threat without using the element of harmony but with lethal forces against a enemy  

PoFM Nightmare Moon

Nightmare Moon is the safest choice because at least she keeps her people safe even in her ruthless ways.   and nightmare moon is more Lawful Evils and even Evils Have standard

Nightmare Moon is motivated first and foremost by a desire for real admiration (as opposed to ponies pretending to admire her out of fear, as one tends to get with actual tyranny). And that curing disabled ponies such as Scootaloo would be a highly effective PR move (assuming her magic is actually capable of that - which if it were, would raise the question of how come Celestia never bothered to try it).

Plus it would have made the movie way shorter - "You want a new horn? Here you go! [zap] Now why don't you ditch that stupid ape and hang out with the cool kids?"

Failing that, i suppose she could just put a few more bits into prosthetics research.

Plus it would have made the movie way shorter - "You want a new horn? Here you go! [zap] Now why don't you ditch that stupid ape and hang out with the cool kids?"

Failing that, i suppose she could just put a few more bits into prosthetics researc     

maybe she would teach Twilight sparkes as her studant and Nightmare moon would make Twilight into a Knight Of the darknessTwilight Sparkle - Batmare's New Look      Twilight Sparkle - Arkham Batmare

a Fearless warrior Twilight sparkle s could have become if Nightmare moon would have won when she return

See the source imagethere would be a War Between celestia and nIghtmare moon  both armie fighting each other to the death

Edited by shadow565787

• 1 month later...
On 2018-08-08 at 8:01 AM, Will Guide said:

Again, I repeat. It was shown in flashbacks that it needed both sisters to use the full power of the Elements on Discord. So when Luna became Nightmare Moon, Celestia could NOT use the Elements to their full power anymore. And that's why she couldn't reform her on the spot until the Elements found new bearers in the Mane 6.

It's so simple even a 5th grader could puzzle that out.

Exactly.