Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst Cartoon shows?

PonyPassions

Anything involving Tom and Jerry. I've never like them. Even when I was a kid, that was the show that would make me switch away from Cartoon Network. It's just the same damn thing over and over ad nauseam. 

• Brohoof 2

I believe after 2005/06 things went terribly down hill for TV and cartoons in general I stopped watching as much TV after then. I was very surprised by the quality of this show. But I mainly watch this and anime along side of very few shows these days. Top Gear, Dr. Who, & Mythbusters 

There isn't anything good to watch anymore hardly

• Brohoof 1

Anything involving Tom and Jerry. I've never like them. Even when I was a kid, that was the show that would make me switch away from Cartoon Network. It's just the same damn thing over and over ad nauseam. 

i used to like those when i was a kid, now they suck. so agreed

• Brohoof 3

the only ones that I can think of right now are uncle grandpa and the modern spongebobs. Uncle grandpa is just filled with stupidity to say the least and Spongebob, well, is beating the dust of a long dead horse (though I'm sorta looking forwards to the new movie at least...It looks promising).

Outside of that, since i don't watch much TV, I ca't really say what else isn't good these days.

• Brohoof 1

Super Duper Sumos.

I bet NO ONE remembers this.Most insulting slap to the face to the actual sumo wrestling world and life style I've ever seen.

/raises hand

sadly I remember that show...>.<

I mainly watch this and anime along side of very few shows these days. Top Gear, Dr. Who, & Mythbusters

what do you think of Kari, Grant and Tori leaving the show, and said show "returning to it's roots"? I was quite saddened to hear, that they were gone. :(

looney toons did a DVD release some time ago...on it, there were various animated shorts, that were suppose to be their version of commericals. one of which, was a spoof of a law firm ad, called "Duck, Duck, McKinnson and Duck." that had to be the best work I've seen of LT in ages...shame I can't find it anywhere, and even more so, that they don't do that type of hilariaty anymore.

• Brohoof 2

Pokemanz & anything that's anime - I just cant's stand the lazy animation where everything is static except for the "mouth" randomly pulsing. And if they are walking or just moving some part of their body - it's looks so unnatural & done with loops. Yes, characters' eyes are complex & hair is multicolor, but one & the same in every anime show or drawing just gets annoying quickly.  That's compared to traditional Western animation, in particular Disney cartoons where everything looks alive. No idea why more & more people like anime, if it's not for the sexual reasons.

Edited by I love Jelly Otter
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Calliou is the worst I have ever seen, this cartoon treats its audience like they are idiots, there is way too much infantile pandering, using every kid show cliché available, even Calliou is a spoiled brat, that gets rewarded despite bad behaviour, his parents are insipid, spineless defilers, that do not correct Calliou when is misbehaving. Calliou is a weird name too, in means "Pebble" in French, a metaphor for the amount of effort and respect this show has for the poor children watching, much less the parents or babysitters watching along, however looking back at good cartoons, like the Animaniacs and Tiny Toon Adventures, they made fun of kid shows, and even subtly warned us of what was on the horizon, cartoons like those, predicted the patronizing rubbish that was coming, like generation three My Little Pony, and others like it, plus they can include Calliou, to the list of one of the worst. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5- Power Puff Girls (Yeah, you heard me!). One of the most overrated shows I've ever come across.
  • 4- Regular Show (Yeah, you heard me!). Also overrated and too dumb for my taste.
  • 3- Johnny Test. This is perhaps the only one I won't get flamed for.
  • 2- Adventure Time (I'm not kidding). I hate everything about this cartoon. The art style, the premise, the characters, the plots. Ugh...
  • And the Nr. 1 piece of shit cartoon is: Gravity Falls. I could write a small book over how much I hate this show. I hate the premise, the art style, the humor, the characters, the plots, the writing, the characters, how dumb it is, the theme song, the voice acting, the characters. Did I mention I really fucking hate it's characters?

I know I'll get a lot of backlash on this but I think Futurama and Bob's Burgers are terrible. They're not even funny in my opinion. I'll stick to watching The Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy

The Simpsons was awful after the movie.

Family Guy has recently been pretty bad.

I don't even care about American Dad.

Ok, before I show you the bad side, let me show you the good side. TOP TEN FAVORITE SHOWS! GO!

10. Bob's Burgers - it's a funny show with interesting stories. And it doesn't rely on shock humor all the time.

9. Aqua Teen Hunger Force - for the same reasons for Bob's Burgers, except the shock humor was a bit more, but it was still funny.

8. Comic Book Men - you've probably never heard of it, if not, it is a show about some guys running a comic book store.

7. Code Monkeys - once again, you've probably never heard of it. It's basically a show that uses shock humor... well.

6. The Simpsons - Yes, even the new Simpsons. their latest Halloween episode was hilarious.

5. American Dad - So, take Family Guy, take out most of the shock humor, and make it still funny.

4. South Park - for the same reasons as Code Monkeys.

3. Rick and Morty - though I haven't seen much of it, it looks like a pretty good show

2. Doctor Who - *insert obvious reasons here*

1. Take a wild guess

Alright, now it's time for shit.

10. Family Guy (season 10 on) - while Family Guy used to be very lulzy, it became crap mainly for two reasons: the amount of shock humor went up faster than a sonic rainboom, and Seahorse Seashell Party. Now, from what I've seen from it, Season 13 is an "eh". Book of Joe was pretty good, and The Simpsons Guy was awesome, but, from the descriptions of the others I saw, it didn't look that good.

9. Breadwinners - for the same reasons I enjoy Doctor Who, as in *insert obvious reason here*

8. Post movie Spongebob - Just the thought of One Coarse Meal brings shivers to my bones (yeah, alot of my opinions are based on MrEnter)

7. Allen Gregory - shock humor is funny when you use it once and a while, but this show blows over Family Guy levels.

6. Puppy in my Pocket -  :eww:

5. Johnny Test - Lets take a douchebag kid, a douchebag talking dog, two red heads (one played by Rainbow Dash) who are nerds and totally suck, a douchebag father, a douchette mother, some other douches, a military steriotype, two racist people, Snips, and to make the kid even douchier, lets make him self indulgent! Cause why the hell not? (quick confession time: I used to watch this show, and I somehow enjoyed it)

4. Problem Solverz - LSD : The TV Show. Actually, LSD doesn't produce images like this.

3. My Little Pony Tales - while G3 definitely is horrendous, this one just takes the fucking cake. Also, what do you expect from a title like that. School would be the last thing you'd think of.

2. Shorty McShorts Shorts - I have no idea how this one hasn't been broughten up yet.

1. Mr. Pickles - let me remind you that this is Adult Swim, AKA, the people who didn't take Problem Solverz because it was too cute. Yeah, I mean, they don't like cute. Anyways, I've only seen one episode, and I can tell the formula already.

Old man sees some shit that the dog put on, and nobody believes him.

And the characters are just as "thrilling". Some of the people in this show probably wouldn't even be qualified as "characters". Then again, the brony fandom has been calling ponies like Vinyl Scratch and Derpy characters, but that's because MLP is actually a good show that has a fandom. Mr. Pickles doesn't even deserve ratings. Also, it's completely fucking gross. I mean, take Flapjack (which I actually think is a pretty good show) and add in every single dirty gas station toilet you've ever seen. That is Mr. Pickles. I mean, the amount of shock humor would be, as said by Spitfire, "an academy record".

Honorable Mentions:

Good

Pre 2011 Family Guy

Pre Movie Spongebob

Super Mario Brothers Super Show (I enjoyed it)

Futurama

Bad

Super Mario World

Napoleon Dynamite

Family Dog (the actual show, the Amazing Stories version is awesome)

Baby Cakes (I know it's just a specific episode of a show that is otherwise fucking awesome, but I just don't enjoy it.

Teen Titans Go!
That weird Jay and Silent Bob movie (now, normally I love Kevin Smith's works, but seriously? adding Ray William Johnson to this flick is like adding Shane Dawson in a horror movie)

Smiley (and you thought I was joking)

Uncool (this and my last one aren't really animation, but screw it, Shane Dawson is a douche in both of these)

Annoying Orange (Tobuscus never chooses the right way, doesn't he not)

G3 MLP

Well, that's it for both lists.

There's one show I would've chose for the bad list, but I can't think of it. It's about a dog and a cat, and it was based off of a show for kids that was decent, but then turned utter crap when made into an adult cartoon.

Edited by DiscordedCelestia
  • Brohoof 1

Renegade's worst cartoonie pictures:

Post-movie Spongebob: ...Do I HAVE to say it?

Breadwinners: Twerking. Ducks.

Fanboy and Chum Chum: My god...no. just no.

All Grown Up: Teenage Rugrats.

Every Disney sitcom post-Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Planet Sheen: Good premise, but poorly handled.

Post-2008 Fairly Odd Parents

I don't watch TV anymore but I remember seeing some bizarre crap on T.V.

barely naked animals? wtf? Uncle grandpa is weird as hell too. 

Regular show isn't bad, but that's a weird cartoon too when you think about it. I remember seeing one with some giant head playing arcade games or whatever.

There are some really BIZARRE cartoon shows these days. There's always been some weird shows like flapjack but it seems to be getting progressively "out there".

• Brohoof 1