Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Embarrassing scenes in movies make you-?

Lunalicious

For some odd reason, whenever I'm watching an embarrassing scene or Youtube video, I feel as if I can't watch it. Such as a horrible America's Got Talent audition, I'll watch about a couple seconds into the embarrassing scene and just go to a different site. This is odd, anyone else do this?

• Brohoof 6

I do that too. If I'm watching a movie or tv show and I know something embarrassing is about to happen to someone I have a sudden impulse to change the channel even if I'm watching with a group. I even walk away from from a situation in real life if I know someone is about to do something embarrassing. It might just have to do with having a lot of empathy for other people and feeling their embarrassment or something. Just a guess though lol I don't know much about psychology :P

i don't get that all the time, i love the bad auditions i'm sorry, i couldn't watch shows if everyone was a fantastic performer. So that's why i especially like simon cowell in the xfactor, he is just so...epic.

All the time. Ranges from cringing and looking away to not watching anymore. I'm the only one I know who does this, so it's nice to see that others do.

• Brohoof 2

I feel embarrased for them! It´s not just about the movies. When I see embarrasing photos of facebook or when is when acting embarrasing in front of me and there´s also someone else, I feel embarrased for them. But about contests like America´s got talent, if it´s really funny, I won´t feel embarrased, more like dying of laughter.

just an example...

I really don't feel embarrassment during those awkward moments but that's something that you kind of learn. No, I kind of enjoy the reaction of the people around me, if anything.

I feel like this thread may be a milestone for many; I too never knew others felt that way. I always get this, almost ticklish feeling in my chest when such things happen/are about to happen, and it's hard to make myself watch.

I've always been that way. Usually if I am watching something and I know someone is about to do something embarrassing I will cover my face. Sometimes I peek, though.

Embarrassing things are just hard to watch because I am so familiar with that feeling.

• Brohoof 2

It feels so awkward... :|

I keep asking myself "WHY IS HE DOING THAT?! That should have never happen D:" but when I'm watching it with someone else, I just cruelly laugh at it...

The same thing happens to me too! Especially when i'm watching a scary movie i just cant bare to watch.

I just cover my eyes and leave a small opening, as if that's gonna make a difference haha. Btw what happens in horror movies that are necessarily "embarrassing" rather than just plain horrible?

I just cover my eyes and leave a small opening, as if that's gonna make a difference haha. Btw what happens in horror movies that are necessarily "embarrassing" rather than just plain horrible?

I Really don't know i kinda went off of topic there.
  • Brohoof 1

I defiantly feel the need to look away when someone is doing something embarrassing. I guess its because if i was doing something embarrassing, i would want other people to look away so i just do that.