What would G5 ponies look like?

Hannah77

• 1 year later...

I think they will be some mix of g3 (not g3.5 , that is horrible) and g4. They will be little bit bigger with personality of g4. And other possibility is that they will be anime...

I think you can't really get better G4's design at all... After all, it's the one that attracted all of the attention. Or maybe were going to have G4 forever.... (I still don't mind the idea lol)

I don't think they should change them. Maybe instead of having a new generation, they could keep this generation, but have a new storyline.

I agree again, 10000% agree.

Edited by RainbowSonic#1Fan

This is what G5 will look like. Even more anime style. :D

More expressions, much more blushing, Spike will become 20% cooler with a secret dark origin, ect.

I wish MLP was an Anime.

Anime fans would go nuts over this! The brony population and the show ratings would go through the skyscraper roof!

MLP becoming an anime is the only thing standing between us taking over the world forever! mwuahahahaha!!  :mustache:

Srsrly though..... MLP, y u no an anime?  :(

• Brohoof 1

img-3391143-4-dyhFVEN.png

Thanks MiniKirby! It's soooooo awesome! wub.png

"Enough Chitchat time is candy!".- Pinkie Pie.

"Storm Chasing is a commitment. Not a choice". -Me "Never stop chasing!"- Reed Timmer

I don't think they'll look too different from G4, I mean from a more realistic style in G1 to the most cartoonish style seen in G4 there's no turning back, however the manestyles may change and if we talk about the show I bet it will be in 3D.

I don't think they'll look too different from G4, I mean from a more realistic style in G1 to the most cartoonish style seen in G4 there's no turning back, however the manestyles may change and if we talk about the show I bet it will be in 3D.

Just can't change G4s main-style, the G1.... was not fitting for me (opinion) So yeah, I don't see them going back to G1. It is not practical (again, opinion)

This is what G5 will look like. Even more anime style. :D

More expressions, much more blushing, Spike will become 20% cooler with a secret dark origin, ect.

errr no offence to ya but that just looks nasty like its going towards r34 and we already have enough issues there. I reckon we should forget that and keep to the g4 version. Again no offence.

• Brohoof 1

img-2991355-1-attachicon.gifscary_pinkie_by_sircinnamon-d5lrgk3.png

You called it a nightmare.

Hasbro called it foreshadowing

There are so many words I could describe that, the safest ones are this: No. Thank god that was over with. Thank you Lauren Faust for saving us all.

errr no offence to ya but that just looks nasty like its going towards r34 and we already have enough issues there. I reckon we should forget that and keep to the g4 version. Again no offence.

I agree with you, definitely! There is no need in replacing the G4 design.

I don't think we have to worry about that until faaaar into the future.... hopefully O.O

Edited by Shawchert
  • Brohoof 1

I am the Candy Cane Fairy, hear me roar "Rawr!" ~Me!

I personally think they will look very similar to the ponies of G4 but with a bit more detail thrown in to make them look a bit more realistic. I mean, they'll still be super cartoony.

v7PAGdl.png

Click on the Banner for more info!

I don't think we have to worry about that until faaaar into the future.... hopefully O.O

I don't think we are worrying about it, were just estimating or taking guesses. "Faar" into the future would be a good estimate in my opinion, as G5 will probably never happen if G4 doesn't go stale (ie, new stories, characters, backgrounds, plots within the same generation) And not to mention G4 is the most successful Generation of MLP in general and outlasted all the other previous Generations combines. So if Hasbro keeps adding new stories and more character-based episodes where the Mane 6 are not involved, than the chances of it getting stale are very slim. The universe set in MLP is expandable after all.

I would hope for that too honestly if they ever consider 3D.

3D for G5 in total... meh. 3D for a movie, not a bad idea!

3D for G5 in total... meh. 3D for a movie, not a bad idea!

Yeah probably better for a movie yes. Or an animated short.

using 3D for a TV show doesn't look all that good because they have to cut back on a lot to speed up render-times and meet deadlines.

• Brohoof 1

I personally think they will look very similar to the ponies of G4 but with a bit more detail thrown in to make them look a bit more realistic. I mean, they'll still be super cartoony.

I don't think it needs to be any more realistic than it already is in my opinion. Who knows? Maybe G5 will cease to exist and G4 could go on for ages provided it's given care with new stories and characters and such. As long as the writers are writing good ideas, there is no need in a generation or reboot in my opinion. However if G4 does get stale and a reboot is necessary, than I personally think they will stick with the G4 Pony ideas instead. MLP G4 designs are perfect and flawless in my opinion. The whole lack or realism is what got my attention and many other Bronies anyway, so it doesn't need to be any more realistic than it already is in my opinion :)

Yeah probably better for a movie yes. Or an animated short.

using 3D for a TV show doesn't look all that good because they have to cut back on a lot to speed up render-times and meet deadlines.

Not to mention that would also cause imbalance between concentration on the Graphic Design and the Story, which could end up in a catastrophe for a show. G4's design would be the best choice because its cartoony (I find that much better) and that gives a lot of time to dedicate to the plot, that's why G4 has lasted so long and could potentially last ages longer IMO.

• Brohoof 1

Not to mention that would also cause imbalance between concentration on the Graphic Design and the Story, which could end up in a catastrophe for a show. G4's design would be the best choice because its cartoony (I find that much better) and that gives a lot of time to dedicate to the plot, that's why G4 has lasted so long and could potentially last ages longer IMO.

Understandable...I can see that happening too....

• Brohoof 1

I hope if I become an animator one day I'll have the opportunity when the time comes to re-imagine the MLP and LPS franchise with another cartoon. If anything though with the success and popularity of FiM, It'll have the cute, chibi style with anime- like eyes again in the future reboot. I know I'd stick with some aspects with FiM style ponies for sure~

I hope if I become an animator one day I'll have the opportunity when the time comes to re-imagine the MLP and LPS franchise with another cartoon. If anything though with the success and popularity of FiM, It'll have the cute, chibi style with anime- like eyes again in the future reboot. I know I'd stick with some aspects with FiM style ponies for sure~

That's quite odd... Umm... Franchises don't need reboots if there is nothing wrong with them, and the current generation has lots of potential for expandability so... Yeah...

That's quite odd... Umm... Franchises don't need reboots if there is nothing wrong with them, and the current generation has lots of potential for expandability so... Yeah...

That's not exactly how things work. Franchises reboot all the time whether or not is was considered a popular rendition of it or not. :/ Hasbro realistically at some point will get bored with FiM. It can't last forever.

That's not exactly how things work. Franchises reboot all the time whether or not is was considered a popular rendition of it or not. :/ Hasbro realistically at some point will get bored with FiM. It can't last forever.

Hasbro isn't going to get bored of it unless we get bored of it, because as long as we like it Hasbro is getting all the $$$ they want. I also never said it could last forever. I simply said it still has quite a bit of potential. A reboot isn't always a good thing and it is the G4 reboot that has lasted the longest. It's not something time specific. The series reboots when it needs one, and as of now, I don't think it needs one yet, of course that could mean it could last ages and it could mean a few years. But that doesn't mean that it is specifically up to Hasbro feeling bored to decide, they're not simply going to pull the plug on a Successful franchise because they are "bored". In my opinion, if the series is kept up to date with new items, characters, plots and if it is updated with more new things to explore, than the need for a Reboot might slim down to non existent. There are some series that are successful that have never gone through its last successful reboot so far, why? Because it doesn't need one, it's still successfully well kept. If a series fakes or the writers start writing stale story lines than yes. Maybe a reboot is needed. But as for how Hasbro has been taking care of FIM so far, I think its unnecessary.
  • Brohoof 1